You @#$^@^% son of a ^*^#. I oughta $#$#%^%your)(*&^!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Lambchop
antispam: No

Post by Lambchop »

Cynth wrote:Moving on from the earwig thing. Last night I was sitting in our rather untidy dark attic, peacefully smoking my last cigarette of the day after my shower.

One of my kitties was prowling about and when she appeared at my feet she seemed to be awfully interested in sort of messing about with something on the rug.

I pulled her away and it looked like a dust bunny, of which there are many, so I picked it up to throw it away. It was sort of heavy for a dust bunny. I thought, "Oh, how could she have gotten a little ball of yarn?" I then actually looked at it.
It had ears.
It had a nose.
It was the HEAD OF A BAT. IN MY HAND!!!!!!!! :boggle: :o :boggle:

I made some sort of primitive noise and dropped it. Flora comes bounding happily forward again. I see also now that bat wing pieces are scattered about. I am trying to get them up with old cigarette pack boxes because I don't want dead animals in the trash---although how maggots could make things much worse than the earwigs and bat heads already have I really don't know. Flora is thinking "What a fun game we are having!" and leaping about in excitement trying to get said disgusting head and wings out of boxes while I am trying to get them in without touching them or looking at them closely.

I have found a number of dreadful things in the course of my life. But I have never found them right in my own hand. This is too much. I honestly think arson is the only answer at this point.

Well, that and a good course of rabies shots . . . you weren't scratched the tinest bit by that bat head, were you, Cynth?

How very fortunate you are to have bats in your home. It should be fabulously entertaining to sit outside in the dusk to watch them exit . . . and count them. Also look around the rafters and whatnot in your attic . . . I bet you'll find you have house guests.

Whatever you do, don't stop up their access way without contacting a reputable bat expert. You'll risk sealing mamas and their babies inside. You might need to get a little bat house and install it outside for them to enjoy in the future.

On another fascinating issue, what's with the smoking in the attic? Sounds like another good story there . . .
Last edited by Lambchop on Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cynth
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cynth »

Hey there Lamby! No, I definitely didn't get any scratch at all---but I hadn't really thought about that. You can get rabies from a dead animal? Yes, I suppose we may have more, although not as many as some people do apparently. Once the kitties were chasing a disabled one around in our bedroom----it was flapping and beeping and it was quite a dreadful situation for the bat and for us. Jim caught it in a towel and got it outside, but I doubt it survived. I shan't be making any inspections because I don't want to know!!!! We sure won't be stopping up their entrance, unless by terrible accident.
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

That reminds me of a story my father was telling me, today.
Reasonable person
Walden
Tom Dowling
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well, I've been a contributor and visitor to this site since 2001. At one time or another, one of my photographs was the opening page photograph. My teacher was Bill Ochs. I play the Penny Whistle. Not a lot else to say.

MACK - PLEASE CHECK YOUR PM's

Post by Tom Dowling »

So that you may continue your fine service to the whistle playing community with a mind undistracted by trivia, please check you private messages in a few minutes.

Tom D.
Tom Dowling
Tell us something.: Well, I've been a contributor and visitor to this site since 2001. At one time or another, one of my photographs was the opening page photograph. My teacher was Bill Ochs. I play the Penny Whistle. Not a lot else to say.

CORRECTION-Willem Dafoe reference is incorrect.

Post by Tom Dowling »

A check of the cast of the movie with pipes and an earwig-type event would suggest that victim was not Willem D. A check of his credits would also indicate he was not in the movie. Boat up waterfalls is, I believe correct. My Bad.

Tom D.
Lambchop

Re: CORRECTION-Willem Dafoe reference is incorrect.

Post by Lambchop »

Tom Dowling wrote:A check of the cast of the movie with pipes and an earwig-type event would suggest that victim was not Willem D. A check of his credits would also indicate he was not in the movie. Boat up waterfalls is, I believe correct. My Bad.

Tom D.
OK. Hiawatha.
Tom Dowling

The Boat was Bigger...

Post by Tom Dowling »

Lambchop Wrote:

OK. Hiawatha.

Nope, the boat was bigger and the continent was not North America.

Tom D.
Random notes

Post by Random notes »

Aguirre, der Zorn Gottes

Wener Herzog

Maybe?

Roger
Non omnes qui habemt citharam sunt citharoedi
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

The Mission.

Slan,
D.
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
Random notes

Post by Random notes »

Okay, no wait, wait...

FITZCARRALDO!!!

( had the right director, wrong film)

Werner Herzog directing; Klaus Kinski, lead.

Roger
Non omnes qui habemt citharam sunt citharoedi
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

izzarina wrote:
jsluder wrote:Yes, earwigs are God's will in action. You must become like Job... or was that the PALM TREE? Ah, whatever.
What in the world are you bringing ME up for? I never said that you had to become like Job, so it seems that you have mistaken me for God again, sludedude. :wink:

and if you don't get my joke, talk to GaryKelly
Okay Gary, what's the joke? What does Izzy have to do with earwigs, palm trees, Job and God? :-?
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Ummm . . . The African Queen.
Tom Dowling

Right Continent....

Post by Tom Dowling »

Lambchop Wrote:

Ummm . . . The African Queen.

To which I would respond: You've got the right continent. And, ironically enough, a queen is indirectly involved, but not as a character in the movie.

Tom D.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Raiders of the Lost Ark
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Out of Africa