Somebody stop the madness, please.

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Darwin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Darwin »

susnfx wrote:I voted for a separate forum at this point--I read a lot of whistle-related posts but don't post to them much since there are many others who have more experience and can answer questions better than I.
You can't let a little thing like that stop you. I don't know nothin' about nothin', but I've made over 1400 posts. Some have even been whistle-related.
I'm not afflicted with WhOA...
There's help for that now. :D
Mike Wright

"When an idea is wanting, a word can always be found to take its place."
 --Goethe
Brian Lee
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Brian Lee »

susnfx wrote:
Brian Lee wrote:...more like a landfill of OT chatter that quite a few of us don't want to wade through - and until the last few years didn't have to. And yet now we're the one's being asked to leave? (start our own forum)
I find this an amusing statement since you're certainly no stranger to OT topics.
Susan
Really Susan? Have you been counting OT vs. On for little ol' me? I think your math is a bit skewed among other things. :roll: As mentioned before, just about all of us have posted to a few of the OT threads at some point, but the main reason we come to the Chiff and Fipple whistle board has been (and I hope continues to be) to gain and share knowledge pertaining to whistles, and all such things as may pertain to the music associated with them. Not all the other completely unrelated threads that have been showing up more and more frequently over the past couple of years. Its little wonder so many of the older and in many cases wiser members don't stop by C&F anymore.
Loren
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

rich wrote:One thing to keep in mind is that there's two reasons for the forums to exist, really -- first, as a hangout for everyone who's here, and second, as a place for people who come across Chiff and Fipple to come and join in.
Really? This surprises me, I thought it would be the other way around: Existing first as a place for people who come across Chiff and Fipple, to find out about and participate in discussions about all things whistle related. I mean, that's how we all came to be hanging out here in the first place, isn't it? Which came first, the Chiff talk or the OT seems pretty clear in this case.......

Loren
rich
i see what you did there
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by rich »

Loren wrote:
rich wrote:One thing to keep in mind is that there's two reasons for the forums to exist, really -- first, as a hangout for everyone who's here, and second, as a place for people who come across Chiff and Fipple to come and join in.
Really? This surprises me, I thought it would be the other way around: Existing first as a place for people who come across Chiff and Fipple, to find out about and participate in discussions about all things whistle related. I mean, that's how we all came to be hanging out here in the first place, isn't it? Which came first, the Chiff talk or the OT seems pretty clear in this case.......

Loren
Ah, oops -- I didn't mean to rank them, just to list them! The OT bit came first only because it's what everyone's talking about. I meant to draw attention to the latter. Sorry it came out that way on.

-Rich