Patrons

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
TomB
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by TomB »

[quote="dbcollies
OK, all you math wizards, never mind the calculator, (too easy for fingers to slip), there has got to be some forumla for easily figuring that out, no? I realize it's already been totaled, but being the math phobic that I am, I'm interested in learning a better way to do this type of things.

All the Best, Tom[/quote]

Unless I'm missing something obvious, isn't it just "number_of_current_messages" + 1?

Unless you meant the total income to the board, rather than the cost of each message? In which case it would be:

(number_of_posts + 1) x ( number of posts / 2)

So 4 posts would be (4+1) x (4/2) = 5 x 2 = 10 = 1+2+3+4

7 posts would be (7+1) x (7/2) = 8 x 3.5 = 28 = 1+2+3+4+5+6+7

(Talk about being a geek! :party:[/quote]

Yep, I was talking about the latter, which you have explained here. Seems simple enough, yet I never would have figured it out on my own, (well, I could do the calculator thing, for each post).

All the Best, Tom
"Consult the Book of Armaments"
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Splittin' headache from all this cogitatin. Guess we should put a coin slot next to the keyboard...
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Darwin

Post by Darwin »

dbcollies wrote:Talk about being a geek! :party:
And you're already named Dwayne... :twisted:

Hey, does Baytown still have KREL? That was the hot rock'n'roll station on the coast back in the mid-50s.
Mike Wright

"When an idea is wanting, a word can always be found to take its place."
 --Goethe
FJohnSharp
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

Yeah I messed up. I meant total income for the board. Cost for next post would be different.

Also, I didn't know the formula so I just did it on Excel. I'm bad at math.
"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
(The people’s spirit is raised through culture)

Suburban Symphony
dbcollies

Post by dbcollies »

Darwin wrote:
dbcollies wrote:Talk about being a geek! :party:
And you're already named Dwayne... :twisted:

Hey, does Baytown still have KREL? That was the hot rock'n'roll station on the coast back in the mid-50s.
From what I can see from a quick Google search, KREL is now out of Riverside, California. Must have moved the license at some point. As far as I can determine, what WAS KREL became KWBA became KBUK became KWWJ. KWWJ is currently in operation, and is a Christian radio station.

So, have we gone far enough off topic yet? :D
Dwayne Bailey
Itinerant hacker and actor
Steven

Post by Steven »

FJohnSharp wrote:It turns out I missed the whole damn thread the first time around. I used an Excel worksheet to do the calc. It was easy. Plus I was avoiding doing work.
Right. A likely excuse. Uh huh. Sure.

Anyway, I just realized that your whole premise is false. My original statement about raising the cost for each additional post was only with regard to OT political/religious posts (as had been mentioned by GaryKelly before). Therefore, the Cutie-Pie thread doesn't qualify. Oh sure, it's plenty OT, but hardly political or religious.

So, for your mistake, you must now calculate the total cost of adding a single post to each of the OT political/religious threads currently appearing on the front page of this forum!!

:P
Steven
Monster

patron saint

Post by Monster »

Mamakash wants to be the patron saint of spittle, I want to be the patron saint of all things monsterous, OT political, Religion, Haggis Bashing. Count me in.!!
insert uber smart comment here
FJohnSharp
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

Steven wrote: So, for your mistake, you must now calculate the total cost of adding a single post to each of the OT political/religious threads currently appearing on the front page of this forum!!

Steven
$8,697.00

Prove me wrong. :P
"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
(The people’s spirit is raised through culture)

Suburban Symphony
brianormond

Post by brianormond »

I like being called "patron" for such a reasonable sum. 'Though a cheapskate, I too can support the arts and hobnob with socialites, lions of industry and luminaries of the arts enjoying swank parties at stateley Wayne manor. -Word has it dishy Dr. Chase Meridian
shows up sometimes. *swoons*
Steven

Post by Steven »

FJohnSharp wrote:
Steven wrote: So, for your mistake, you must now calculate the total cost of adding a single post to each of the OT political/religious threads currently appearing on the front page of this forum!!

Steven
$8,697.00

Prove me wrong. :P
Nah, that sounds like work. I'll just take your word for it.

:lol:
Steven
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Since the newsletter went out, 13 people became patrons. Those of you who are still interested may paypal me at dwwisely @ hiwaay.net

Thanks!

Dale
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Since the newsletter went out, 13 people became patrons. Those of you who are still interested may paypal me at dwwisely @ hiwaay.net

Thanks!

Dale
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

Is there an echo in here?

....an echo in here?

..........in here?
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
Will O'B
Location: The Other Side Of The Glen (i.e. A Long Way From Tipperary)

Post by Will O'B »

DaleWisely wrote:Those of you who are still interested may paypal me at dwwisely @ hiwaay.net
I'm good for $12/year. Only, I don't understand this *paypal* business. What is it, how do I get it, and how do I give it to Dale? :-?

Thanks,

Will O'Ban
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!
bjs

Post by bjs »

Tried to send $12 by paypal. Visa from UK. credit card issuer refused. Maybe amount too small. Anyone else this side of the pond had a problem?

Up to now paypal has been great. For those who haven't yet go to www.paypal.com and sign up. Easy peasey but don't forget your password. :lol: