OT: going through a difficult time. Updated: more good news!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Bloomfield
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Bloomfield »

Glad to hear the good news. Best wishes to your mother, and all of you.
/Bloomfield
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

What does it mean if you see two Sigourney Weavers?
Last edited by Flyingcursor on Thu Jul 03, 2003 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Steven
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Steven »

That's great to hear Emilie! It sounds like your mom caught this at a very early stage. Now just remember to stop holding your breath and breathe nice and deep!

:-)
Steven
cowtime

Post by cowtime »

Those cows are in an awfully big pond!!!

Glad to hear promising news Emilie.
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

Paisleys, paisleys everywhere!
That's good for a month off, I reckon.

Good luck and best wishes, emilie!
AnnaDMartinez
Tell us something.: Good to be home, many changes here, but C&F is still my home! I think about the "old" bunch here and hold you all in the light, I am so lucky to have you all in my life!

Post by AnnaDMartinez »

Been there and done that with breast cancer 12 years ago...the diagnostics and treatment and uncertainty are the hardest parts, but it sure was fun to give that dirty look to the oncologist the other week who told me I shoulda been dead seven years ago! I also remember almost punching a social worker who told me that one day I would be thankful for this "gift" of cancer. Ha! I sure would not want to give it to anyone else. Such Bull#@*#! Trouble is, she was right, I am thankful for the chance to start all over in the right direction. I'll be thinking about you.
Emilie

Post by Emilie »

Got the results from the echography.. the cancer hasn't spread to any organs! :D

Anna, I'm really glad you're doing fine now! Such stories give me a lot of hope.

Thank you all once again for your support! :)

Emilie
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

Emilie - that's wonderful news! Keep us posted.
Susan
kevin m.

Post by kevin m. »

That's marvelous news! And a tremendous weight off your family's collective shoulders,I'll bet!
Let us know when your mum gets the definate 'all clear' :)
"I blame it on those Lead Fipples y'know."
chattiekathy
Tell us something.: Well dang, I just want to change my password. looking for that correct page! Thank you! Ohh good grief, I get it, you have to be careful who you let in because of spammers, but sigh.... I'm in a hurry, can we move this along please. :)

Post by chattiekathy »

Emilie, That's great news! :D I'm very happy for you and your mom. I will continue to pray for her complete healing from the cancer.

Cheers,
Kathy :)
~*~Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God~*~
Paul

Post by Paul »

That's great Emilie! Your family really has a reason to celebrate this weekend. :party:

All the best,
Paul
AnnaDMartinez
Tell us something.: Good to be home, many changes here, but C&F is still my home! I think about the "old" bunch here and hold you all in the light, I am so lucky to have you all in my life!

Post by AnnaDMartinez »

Emilie, I expect to live to be one of the most ornrey, old rollerskating purple-wearing women ever! Your mom will be fine, and even if she has to have a mastectomy, the important thing is that she's healthy. At worst she'll have a lumpy boob from a lumpectomy scar. Hopefully, she will not have to have chemo, but if she does, I have a few tricks in my hat for that one! I tend to flaunt my scars, they're battle scars and I survived! Your mom isn't average, to have produced you, so ignore the numbers! Also, I used Bernie Segal tapes when I was going through treatment...it helped. Some people tend to be scared of cancer, and some of her friends might not be as supportive as they could be, so don't let that suprise you, some people just can't handle it, so try not to take any of that personally. Once you're through that first ten days after diagnosis, you just slog through. I am really glad you are there to give your mom such great support!
Gadget

Post by Gadget »

Emilie- You and your family continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. It's wonderful to hear the good news!
Everyone has been so supportive in this thread, I think you ALL deserve...
A GROUP HUG!
*Gathers everyone together for a big hug*
Experiance shows that a very populace city can seldom, if ever, be properly governed.
-Aristotle