Which whistle would you choose to...

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
TelegramSam
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by TelegramSam »

village smithy=a serpent whupass stick made out of steel with a few holes in it.
<i>The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.</i>
serpent

I strongly advise against jumping to conclusions

Post by serpent »

burnsbyrne wrote:So, now that we have had time to cool off, I would like to know: Where are the Whistles of Mass Destruction? Serpent has been suspiciously absent from the list of late. Where is Serpent? If we do not find any Whistles of Mass Destruction what will happen to the credibility of the Chiff and Fipple Board and our Fearless Leader?!!
Inquiring minds want to know!
The CIA has found noWMD, nor has the US Military. That does not mean they do not exist. But I don't sell to foreign powers, only to bona fide citizens of C&F and GC!! Honestly! One operative who has obviously been a mole pretending to be a police officer friend of mine since HS, has seen the WMD. His comment: "What the hell is that thing, Bill?" can only be construed to mean (in code) "Wow! That's a Really Mean Muthuh Whistle!"

Do not meddle in the workings of the makers of WMD! I have the Dreadnought now, and I know how to use it!
:D
serpent
Add yourself to the Serpent Newsletter!
Send email to serpent@serpentmusic.com subject "add"
CHIFF FIPPLE

Re: I strongly advise against jumping to conclusions

Post by CHIFF FIPPLE »

serpent wrote:
burnsbyrne wrote:So, now that we have had time to cool off, I would like to know: Where are the Whistles of Mass Destruction? Serpent has been suspiciously absent from the list of late. Where is Serpent? If we do not find any Whistles of Mass Destruction what will happen to the credibility of the Chiff and Fipple Board and our Fearless Leader?!!
Inquiring minds want to know!
The CIA has found noWMD, nor has the US Military. That does not mean they do not exist. But I don't sell to foreign powers, only to bona fide citizens of C&F and GC!! Honestly! One operative who has obviously been a mole pretending to be a police officer friend of mine since HS, has seen the WMD. His comment: "What the hell is that thing, Bill?" can only be construed to mean (in code) "Wow! That's a Really Mean Muthuh Whistle!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:o So could that be why that Arab wanted 50 low Bb's for.
They do make super whisile launchers :o
ImageStacey has the most bodacious fipples! & Message board
http://whistlenstrings.invisionzone.com ... t=0&p=3303&
Redwolf
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

My Elfsong C. She's solid as a piece of copper pipe (er, come to think of it, she IS a piece of copper pipe). If that didn't work, I'd play Danny Boy on one of my Eb Gens. That always makes people go away ;)

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
ChrisLaughlin

Post by ChrisLaughlin »

I have a feeling few people would be willing to stand in the way of my Overton BASS Bb!
Chris
serpent

.. As the Zoobster might say...

Post by serpent »

ChrisLaughlin wrote:I have a feeling few people would be willing to stand in the way of my Overton BASS Bb!
Chris
Bah! I pooh-pooh your Overton BASS Gb!! Poo, poo! Poo, poo! The Serpent WMD rules.... Granted, though, that the Overton might make a respectable launch platform...
serpent
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

Y'know, I'm sorta suspicious of the timing of this thread's resurrection. Ordnance whistles mentioned in connection with Missouri (bootleg fireworks source par excellence and the Serpent's Lair) a mere seventeen days before the Fourth of July?

Coincidence? I think NOT!
DavidSchulz

Post by DavidSchulz »

You have to ask yourself one question, do I feel lucky? Well do you..punk?!

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

DavidSchulz wrote:You have to ask yourself one question, do I feel lucky? Well do you..punk?!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
CHIFF FIPPLE

Post by CHIFF FIPPLE »

Well since we apeer to be bragin & boastin.
My high Soprano A :x is so totaly wicked it will make yer ears bleed and all in a six mile radius go deaf :moreevil:
ImageStacey has the most bodacious fipples! & Message board
http://whistlenstrings.invisionzone.com ... t=0&p=3303&
IDAwHOa
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

Well, I thought long and hard (about 10 seconds) before deciding if I should resurect this thread (again). Here is my reason.

I just received my Serpent Anaconda in A. Geez, that thing is a weight lifters dream come true! It seems to weigh more than my Overton Low D to both Renee and me. I have a G on the way this week too. I can only imagine what the Python Low D in brass would look and feel like in the hands. *shudders* Scary to think about.

While reviewing the tread I saw something about a special edition of the Dreadnaut whistle for all you mercenaries out there, that was to be raffled off. Did I miss it or is it still in the works Bill?

I vote for ANY Serpent whistle as a WMD!
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

SOrry, I'd need two. An O'Briain Low D for general clearing and a Serpent dreadnought for in close...

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
serpent

Dreadnought??? WMD!!!

Post by serpent »

NorCalMusician wrote:Well, I thought long and hard (about 10 seconds) before deciding if I should resurect this thread (again). Here is my reason.

I just received my Serpent Anaconda in A. Geez, that thing is a weight lifters dream come true! It seems to weigh more than my Overton Low D to both Renee and me. I have a G on the way this week too. I can only imagine what the Python Low D in brass would look and feel like in the hands. *shudders* Scary to think about.

While reviewing the tread I saw something about a special edition of the Dreadnaut whistle for all you mercenaries out there, that was to be raffled off. Did I miss it or is it still in the works Bill?

I vote for ANY Serpent whistle as a WMD!
The Anaconda and the Dreadnought are, indeed, formidable implements of destruction, but the Serpent WMD is coming, still. The raffle and filling orders got in the way of its completion, but it has not been forgotten. Picture this: 22+ inches of chrome molybdenum steel, with a leather-wrapped handle and a removable set of steel mace spikes. All perfectly in tune, from the low D to the shriek of the bodhran player as those spikes destroy his goatskin shield as if it did not exist... Combine it with Stacey's high A screamer, plus a matched pair of New Model Village Smithys, and you are prepared to take on ANY pub!
:D
serpent
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

Bill, I want the full set, #1 if possible...

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Re: Which whistle would you choose to...

Post by anniemcu »

FJohnSharp wrote:...fight your way through an unruly mob?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
I'm with markv on this. The Generation high G with a little ooomph should clear the way quite adequately.... not to mention add to the income level of the local audiolgists.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com