It wasn't THAT LOREN!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
DazedinLA
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by DazedinLA »

In all the witch-hunting guides I've read, I never saw any mention of this. Are you sure it's truth?
OK, whose got a CD Rom of the Mallius Malleficarum that we can use to do a search for "Low Whistle"?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dazedinla on 2002-09-02 09:16 ]</font>
Loren
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Hey, Sir Loren attended the Python School Of Witch Hunting, hardly and establishment to be trifled with.
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

I knew the minute I saw "Sincerely Loren" ...... Now, have any of us EVER seen Mr. Bookbinder end any communication that way.......? BTW, another clue is that he didn't try to sell Dale anything, either....
Mary
DazedinLA

Post by DazedinLA »

Here you go.

All the golden oldies of witchhunting. Kinda scary when you read this stuff to think that people once took this seriously as a guide...as usual Monty Python is funny, but there's a nagging bit of truth in it.

http://history.hanover.edu/early/wh.html

Regards,

Dazed with Forked Tongue
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

Just make sure there is actually no physical contact whatsoever between the two of you; otherwise, BAAAAM! the end of the universe....

Philo
Loren
Make a new plan, Stan
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 1762319629

Note the Seller's ID (name) and the product.

What more proof do you need? I rest my case.

Burn the Witches!!!

Loren The Just (In a Medieval sort of way)
aderyn_du

Post by aderyn_du »

Umm, speaking up for the pagan minority... I know that this "burn the witches" thing is meant to be a joke--all in good fun-- but I can't imagine any of you sitting back and talking about burning or lynching particular races or religions without sparking major controversy. I have a relatively good sense of humour, but really...Witches are people too. :smile:

Andrea

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: aderyn_cyrdd on 2002-09-02 11:21 ]</font>
TubeDude

Post by TubeDude »

On 2002-09-01 23:59, blackhawk wrote:

Tubedude is Kevin....DazedinLa...just my theory...he has a great sense of humor...the speech patterns are the same, etc....... I think others are of the same opinion...it's been a fun mystery.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~~*~*~~
Bwahahahahhahah!!!!! I have you right where I want you!I think I'll hold a contest to see who can figure out who I really am. The winner will get a Generation D from my collection. LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

TD

PS -
Winner must be 18 years old to play. Duplicate entries will be ignored. Winner must never reveal TD's true identity. You wouldn't put glasses on Superman in uniform, would you?

PSS - I deny ever using my identity to flame any individual lamer. I treat all lamers the same.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TubeDude on 2002-09-02 11:47 ]</font>
Loren
Make a new plan, Stan
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

On 2002-09-02 11:35, TubeDude wrote:
On 2002-09-01 23:59, blackhawk wrote:

Tubedude is Kevin....DazedinLa...just my theory...he has a great sense of humor...the speech patterns are the same, etc....... I think others are of the same opinion...it's been a fun mystery.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~~*~*~~
Bwahahahahhahah!!!!! I sure have you fooled!
I think I'll hold a contest to see who can figure out who I really am. The winner will get a Generation D from my collection. LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

TD
Pffft. Having cracked the Porridge mystery, a dinky Generation D is hardly worth the effort of unmasking you TD.

Put up an O'Riordan Low Whistle, and then we can get down to it.

Loren
DazedinLA

Post by DazedinLA »

Come on, Tube, at least offer a Susato to the sleuth who proves that I'm not you.

Dazed
TubeDude

Post by TubeDude »

Well, that was you first clue and you FAILED MISERABLY, lamers! You can tell I'm 'old school.'

Your next clue: I'm not Andrea Corr.
Dewhistle

Post by Dewhistle »

On 2002-09-02 11:04, aderyn_cyrdd wrote:
Umm, speaking up for the pagan minority... I know that this "burn the witches" thing is meant to be a joke--all in good fun-- but I can't imagine any of you sitting back and talking about burning or lynching particular races or religions without sparking major controversy. I have a relatively good sense of humour, but really...Witches are people too. :smile:

Andrea

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: aderyn_cyrdd on 2002-09-02 11:21 ]</font>
Build a bridge out of him? See if he weighs more than a duck? You're only right, forget burning people, there are options. :smile:

I'm not making fun, I'm mood lightening. Subtle difference.
"We took pictures of the native girls, but they weren't developed. But we're going back again in a couple of weeks..."
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

On 2002-09-02 10:56, Loren wrote:
Check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 1762319629

Note the Seller's ID (name) and the product.

What more proof do you need? I rest my case.

Burn the Witches!!!

Loren The Just (In a Medieval sort of way)
I don't believe the seller to be a real witch, because the page says, "And harm ye none, do what ye will," whereas the actual Wiccan motto is "An it harm none, do as you will." The big difference being between "an" and "and."
Reasonable person
Walden
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

aderyn_cyrdd wrote:

Andrea
Yes, it can be a discomforting subject, even in jest. I know that I tend to get uncomfortable when people talk, even in jest, of "burning heretics," etc.

Of course, this talk of witch burning is satirical. Clearly the witch hunting hysterias were examples of human suspicions getting out of control. Hopefully in keeping these things in our memory we can learn from the past, and do some independent thinking, rather than developing mob mentalities.

<font size=2>"Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love."</font><font size=1>--1John 4:7-8</font>
DazedinLA

Post by DazedinLA »

On 2002-09-02 11:04, aderyn_cyrdd wrote:

Andrea
I think it likely that most of those burned/tortured/etc during those times were christians. The usual spin is that witchhunts are an extreme example of what happens when you mix superstition, fear, and a perceived threat to the community.

Given what Purtian life seems to have been like during the 17th century, I'm sure it would appear to us today that any woman with common sense, self respect and the unfortunate inclination to speak her mind was definitely at risk of being tortured and/or burned at the stake...such a mentality could indeed have been seen as a threat to the community, such as it was at that time. There is a darker side, however, namely, that there were those who knew that the "hunt" was bogus and used the situation for personal gain. I seem to recall from a book I read in college that some of the accused during the Salem incident were parties to property/civil disputes. Then again, there is the whole ERGOT theory...

I wasnt aware that there was another Loren in our C&F community. If there isnt, then someone is engaging in Unreasonable Pseudonymery, but I think it unlikely that
Dale would fall for something like that.

Or, the alternate theory...that Loren ate a sandwich with moldy bread, he lapsed in a halleucinatory state, emailed Dale, then woke up and now remembers nothing.

Just a theory...