Classical musician considers joining the 'dark side'

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by mutepointe »

is anyone going to mention irish flutes to KAT or will KAT just have to fall down that hole independently?
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
falkbeer

Post by falkbeer »

KATaylor5 wrote: I was going to try and save some money by not buying all the CDs that can come with the songbooks, like the Ireland's best series....but you're right, I need to hear the style characteristics. I don't want to sound like a classical musician trying to play folk music.

~Kim
Hi again!

I forgot to say - there ain´t no right or wrong way to play the whistle.

JUST HAVE FUN!
KATaylor5

Post by KATaylor5 »

Mute....irish flutes eh?

Well, considering my regular yamaha flute has been sitting on a shelf in my closet for the past 3 yrs. years...flute is not a temptation for me. I can't play horizontal instruments :) Just vertical ones.

Ok everyone...I did it....I was committed...I mean, they committed me...I mean, I committed myself to an order:)

The good thing about varied opinions, even your own can change whenever you feel like it. I listened to more sound clips today and when I ordered my low D set,...I went with the Kerry instead of the Susato. Now, if the Whistle Shop emails me back and says they don't have any in stock, I'll just cry.

I went with Original Clarke's in C & D, Tweaked Sweetone D, Sweetone C, Feadog Brass D, Generation Nickel in Bb & Eb (wasn't sure which was better, brass or nickel and the nickel looked pretty so:) ) Tweaked Shaw D, and the Mello Dog D.

That should keep me busy for awhile. As I anticipate the arrival of my music and whistles, I thought about that guy on here who was waiting to get his Sweethart or was it Silktone for his birthday...wonder how he made out...I'll have to go see.

Any way, thanks for the advice and I'll keep you posted on my progress!

~KAT