Whistle tours? Let the tours begin!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Screeeech!!!
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Screeeech!!! »

Do us Europeans need to get in touch with Berti then?
brewerpaul
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

Screeeech!!! wrote:Do us Europeans need to get in touch with Berti then?
That would probably be easiest.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
Berti66

Post by Berti66 »

yup and I am up here :) pm or email me through CF
will do my best to make a nice line up
cheers
berti
frchristo

Post by frchristo »

Hi Paul,

Please add me to the US tour list. Thanks.
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

A tour is an excellent idea, Paul. Anyone who's even slightly interested in a Busman whistle should jump on this ASAP! (Though I think I'll skip it. I have a fairly good idea what your whistles are like. :D )
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
ShadowBG625
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been a member of the forum for several years. Just poking my head to catch up on all the latest happenings, as well as checking out the FS/WTB page.

Post by ShadowBG625 »

Wow...a chance to try a Busman. Is room permits, I'd love to join the US Tour list. :thumbsup:
regor

Post by regor »

Hey... I've beaten the crowd... there's a Busman Delrin D+ in the mail coming my way...!

My very own :D and it ain't going anywhere else after :P ... can't wait :wink:
brewerpaul

Post by brewerpaul »

I was mentioning the tour to my wife this evening and she said--"Hey, you really should have T-shirts made!"
Y'know, like Rolling Stones tour 2005, with a listing of the cities.

If there's ANY interest, I'll check into cafepress.com and see how big a deal it would be. I'd post a link and people could buy them right from cafepress-- I wouldn't be looking to make anything on the shirts, just have some fun. If the list isn't too big, instead of city listings, I could have Chiff and Fipple screen names listed-- cities too if space permits...
Got wood?
Berti66

Post by Berti66 »

now that's an cool idea paul!
but make sure there will also be colored shirts not only that boring white
cheers
berti
jkrazy52

Post by jkrazy52 »

Paul,

Should those of us in the USA & Canada interested in taking part of the tour send you a PM or an email with just our real names & locations ... so you could get an idea of how many are interested and a possible, logical progression for the tour?

Judy
anniemcu
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

I would love to participate!
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
anniemcu

Post by anniemcu »

Kansas wrote:
khl wrote:I'd like to be on the tour, too, especially with a delrin whistle. There's a bit of ocean between me and most anybody else (except one), but USPS priority usually gets things back and forth in reasonable time.
Keith - when I mailed the Susato Low D to you from Kansas I was surprised how reasonable it was for 3 day delivery - and I think it actually made it during that time. When I sent it I found out you can send an "any weight" priority for $7.00 anywhere US. You just have to fit it in the box they have which is way oversized for a high D or D+. And they give you the box for free. Your package even with overwrapping etc came to just about $5.00 - a paltry sum to experience a whistle for free.

Paul - for what it's worth I've had some good luck putting your wooden Busmans in oversized PVC pipe with screw in ends and foam in the ends. Each is wrapped in an O'Brien bag to cushion the body from any rattling.

It would sure protect a Delrin from a mis step by one of our fine Postal folks. I'd even volunteer to make it up and send it to you if you'd want. All we'd have to come up with is a wrap for the bodies.
A possible adaptation of that - A length of foam pipe insulation wrap could be inserted in the tube. The hole in the center is just about right for a whistle.
anniemcu
---
---
---
brewerpaul

Post by brewerpaul »

jkrazy52 wrote:Paul,

Should those of us in the USA & Canada interested in taking part of the tour send you a PM or an email with just our real names & locations ... so you could get an idea of how many are interested and a possible, logical progression for the tour?

Judy
For those that haven't done so already, post your request to be on the tour right here on this thread. Once I have made the whistles, this is where I'll go to compile the list of names.
Got wood?
anniemcu

Post by anniemcu »

brewerpaul wrote:I was mentioning the tour to my wife this evening and she said--"Hey, you really should have T-shirts made!"
Y'know, like Rolling Stones tour 2005, with a listing of the cities.

If there's ANY interest, I'll check into cafepress.com and see how big a deal it would be. I'd post a link and people could buy them right from cafepress-- I wouldn't be looking to make anything on the shirts, just have some fun. If the list isn't too big, instead of city listings, I could have Chiff and Fipple screen names listed-- cities too if space permits...
I happen to know a graphic artist who might be bribed... :D
anniemcu
---
---
---
Jetboy

Post by Jetboy »

I did a tour with a couple of my Weston Whistles last year with teh help of NorCal (Steven Feil). The whistle went all over the US but came to a grinding halt after a regular contributor to this forum sent it on to another and I never heared of it again. You will have to be prepared to lose a whistle I am afraid coz there is no guarantee that you will get it back. I would like to think that the recipient liked the whistle so much that he (or she) decided to keep it! Happen not though, it more likely got lost down the back of a sofa.

It works like this, you poll the forum for those interested in having a go and look at their locality. You may have to put a time limit on applications as you (especially you!) will get a lot of takers I expect. Work out a sensible route to avoid too much crossing over and then send the whistle to the first tour member aslong with a full list of contributors so hat everyone knows wher the whistle is or shoudl be at any one time. It will be the responsibility of the members to keep the whistle a sensible length of time ( 2 weeks perhaps so that it can be used in a number of different situations) and be responsible for the insurance and safekeeping of the whistle whilst in their care and in transit. Ask for an e-mail from the member on receipt and on despatch so that you can keep a track of the instrument and chivvy up those who are a bit tardy. You can compile reviews or ask an independant to do it for you.

Good luck with it, oh, and by the way, put me down for the European leg of the tour.

Jetboy
www.westonwhistles.co.uk

I am in a World of my own. But I am happy here, everyone knows me!