OT- Good news! (and questions about the South)

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
atarango
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by atarango »

Wow,
all this sounds great- I am excited. I will be visiting for a weekend at the end of the month- the university is flying me out- I guess so I can try and get the feel for the place...

I am excited- I hear that in North Carolina I might actually be able to afford my own one bedroom apartment, rather then live with three other people in a slanted, mouse infested top floor of a three family home...(the mice around here seem endless- I love Boston). I also want to get my own dog finally and expand my fish tank from 5 gallons to 20- ohhh the excitment.. all the plans- not to mention the actual degree. When I told my parents the good news my mom cried and said "My baby's gonna be a real Doctor- a PhD" and my father's reaction was "Oh good, finally you can get out of the cold snowy Northeast"

it sounds better everyday :smile:
-Angela
Redwolf
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

You're gonna love it.

I don't know what apartments are going for in Durham these days...last time I lived in an apartment there, we had half a duplex with a small fenced yard on Byrd road and paid $400/month, but that was 1990-91...I imagine it's gone up a bit since then. Still quite a bit cheaper than California, however, and I imagine cheaper than Boston. And yes...the weather is a lot more tolerable as a rule. They're having a snowy winter this year, but most years it doesn't snow at all. Spring is magical! What I miss the most, however, is the lightning bugs...I used to look forward so much to that special night each spring when they'd just suddenly explode out of the ground and rise up to fill the trees with whirling constellations....

Redwolf