A Happy New Year from the Serpie-Pie

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Roger O'Keeffe
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Roger O'Keeffe »

Shouldn't that be 0XX000, O hermetic herpetophile, if you want to satisfy the Generation generation?

Happy new year to you, too. You've enlivened the discussions and dragged us back on topic more than once, and I'm glad you weren't driven away by some strange behaviour.

Once you've cracked whistle-making maybe you'll move on to the world of uilleann-pipe-making, where there's plenty of scope for craftsmanship, precision and especially a touch of the scientific approach. Besides, the insults are so velvety that most people don't even notice them.
An Pluiméir Ceolmhar
E = Fb
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by E = Fb »

Serpent, are you a guy or gal? I should add that I'm married with 2 kids, so I'm not cruising the net here...just curious.
Current stage of grief: Denial
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

Married? Makes your cruisin' even worse, O theoretic 8-flats signed accidental !

Since you ask me :razz: I'm happily not married with any kid, though I'm very proud of my 6 1/2 years son Sacha!

And since you don't ask, methinks snakey-pie is a he. Bill, correct me if I'm wrong as usual...
mvhplank
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by mvhplank »

On 2003-01-02 18:46, E = Fb wrote:
Serpent, are you a guy or gal? I should add that I'm married with 2 kids, so I'm not cruising the net here...just curious.
So are you Mom or Dad? Your nickname gives no clue... :grin:

M (for Mom)
Marguerite
Gettysburg
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

On 2002-12-31 20:29, serpent wrote:
At this moment, for the first time since I came "on board" here at C&F, I'm not in the middle of an argument with anyone. Nobody is picking on me for anything.
Kind of a weird feeling, isn't it, Serp? It always gives me the creeps when no one's jumping on me for anything.
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

True. E=Fb is kind of AC=DC. I mean ambiguous, is all :lol:
serpent

Post by serpent »

Actually, that should've been OXXXOO because my louder high-D's work better with that crossfinger for Cnat. Okay. I stand (actually, sit, just now) corrected:

Special One:
<font size=+2>OXXXOO</font>
~*~ :wink: Serpie-Pie
E = Fb

Post by E = Fb »

Margueritte,
IITYQ (inanswertoyourquestion)...I'm a dad. I had forgotten that Serpie-pie also goes by Bill. It was the pie part that threw me for a while.
Tom.
mvhplank
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by mvhplank »

On 2003-01-02 20:39, E = Fb wrote:
Margueritte,
IITYQ (inanswertoyourquestion)...I'm a dad. I had forgotten that Serpie-pie also goes by Bill. It was the pie part that threw me for a while.
Tom.
Just nosiness on my part. Someone (I wish I could document this) once experimented with having musicians play behind a curtain and a buncha guys had to guess whether the musician was male or female. They couldn't do it.

Anyhow, sex shouldn't matter unless one intends to reproduce. Not that it doesn't color every freakin' aspect of our lives.

A friend who is only coincidentally a lesbian once loaned me her car for a whole month while mine was in the body shop. She handed it over with a full tank of gas and no expectations of repayment. The best I can do to say "thanks" is tell that story anytime someone says something snide about sexual orientation.

M
Marguerite
Gettysburg
WyoBadger
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

On 2003-01-01 09:15, jinje wrote:
From the land of castles, moors, rivers and what seems to be constant rain, may I too wish all our happy readers a most happy new year. Keep on whistling folks. Thanks! and Love to you all!:D
And to all of you, from the land of deserts, mountains, elk, pow-wows, and what could stand to be a whole lot more snow!

Hey, do you guys realize that we're three days into the new year, and nothing terrible has happened yet?

Praying for peace--
Tom

"Now I don't know what the moral is,
or where this song should end...
but I'm wonderin' just how many wars
are fought between good friends.
The ones who gave the orders-
they're not the ones to die.
It's Scott, and MacDonald,
and the likes of you and I."
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

On 2003-01-02 22:25, mvhplank wrote:
Someone (I wish I could document this) once experimented with having musicians play behind a curtain and a buncha guys had to guess whether the musician was male or female. They couldn't do it.
Now this is the strangest variation ever about Thuring test, but this evaluated whether someone is to be Human, or IA...
(see Blade Runner, and the pep talk about having dog for dinner...)
Now, I hope the guy running that test with musicians wasn't given a grant for organizing such a *bleep*, and expecting something different in the result. We always, ever said "pianist, flautist, whistler" and not whistl-her for all the little I know... :???:
Anyhow, sex shouldn't matter unless one intends to reproduce.
Some may be of a different opinion.
For instance, I reproduced only once, but I trained for over 20 years. Understandably (practice, practice, practice) my Sacha is a masterpiece! :lol:

What's this Monty Python movie where this protestant Irish lady looks out the window before her tea, sees a ragged family with a score kids, and mutters "These Catholics have children whenever they have sex!".
And the husband sulkily answers :"Brr-hmmm, so do we, dear, so do we; remember our only child Peter ?"

Hey, Marguerite, peace...
I'm kidding as usual...
claudine
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Hi, I am a choir singer from Luxembourg trying to get back to Irish flute playing after a few years of absence from ITM.

Post by claudine »

On 2003-01-03 10:41, Zubivka wrote:
What's this Monty Python movie where this protestant Irish lady looks out the window before her tea, sees a ragged family with a score kids, and mutters "These Catholics have children whenever they have sex!".
And the husband sulkily answers :"Brr-hmmm, so do we, dear, so do we; remember our only child Peter ?"
I think that was "The Meaning Of Life" but they had 2 children. Whereas the catholic couple had about 20 or 50 ...
elliott

Post by elliott »

That was the joke, Claudine.

What a great new year this has been so far: We celebrated J. D. Salinger's 84th birthday on the 1st; I found a website that had the lyrics to "Along Came Mary" AND "Gimme Some Lovin'", which cleared up most of the remaining mysteries from my youth; and I am listening to, right this minute, Jan & Dean singing "Let's Hang On (To What We've Got)", which PROVES that there's room for all of us in this crazy, mixed-up world!

From the OTHER land of castles, moors, rivers and what seems to be constant rain, mid-Missouri (which does not seem to be near Lawson), a snowed-in happy year to you all. Keep on whistling!
“Poor man,” said I, “you pay too much for your whistle.”
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

On 2003-01-03 11:04, claudine wrote:
On 2003-01-03 10:41, Zubivka wrote:
I think that was "The Meaning Of Life" but they had 2 children. Whereas the catholic couple had about 20 or 50 ...
Yup, and they sold them all off for medical experiments. Just remember: "Every sperm is sacred, every sperm is good, if a sperm gets wasted, God gets quite irate!"