the "must know" tunes

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
kennychaffin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by kennychaffin »

Ronbo wrote:If you want a more complete selection of tunes, go to the session and enter the discussions. There are two recent threads, one of which lists 300 "essential" reels, and 150 essential jigs. Or is it the other way around? Either way, you have several years of work ahead of you. :D
No doubt about that in my case! :lol:
Kenny A. Chaffin
Photos: http://www.kacweb.com/cgibin/emAlbum.cgi
Art: http://www.kacweb.com/pencil.html
"Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama
MusicalADD
antispam: No

Post by MusicalADD »

Ronbo wrote:If you want a more complete selection of tunes, go to the session and enter the discussions. There are two recent threads, one of which lists 300 "essential" reels, and 150 essential jigs. Or is it the other way around? Either way, you have several years of work ahead of you. :D
Hmm... twice as many essential reels as essential jigs. But, I think I know lots more jigs than reels. Guess I've got some catching up to do.
Ronbo
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Ronbo »

I took a look at them. I am still in shock. :o With my rate of learning tunes, it will be a long-lived hobby.
Key_of_D
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Key_of_D »

The Foinn Seisiun volumes 1 and 2 from Ceoltoiri Culturlainne has a good selection of some of the "common" session tunes, 220 tunes to be exact. They're done in sets of course, but each tune is it's own tract listing for easier listening while picking up the tune I guess. Check it out.
Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.