Irish Flute Store Correspondence

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Unseen122
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

I have done loads of business with Doc, and this is not like him. Just give hima couple days I am sure he will come through.
picardy third
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by picardy third »

Got ahold of Doc through PM just a while ago. Great guy! I should see my whistle in a couple of days. The issue I believe boiled down to low stock.

In looking for a place online to get a tweaked Gen. C, most places were out of stock. If I remember correctly, the tweak on the C is a little more time consuming. My assumption is that this may be one of the reasons there don't seem to be as many tweaked C's in stock.

I tried tweaking a C Feadog once and gave up!
"Have a cluckity-cluck-cluck day."
crookedtune

Post by crookedtune »

It costs a tad more, but Erle Bartlett's Black Diamond C is sublime. Gaelic Crossings has 'em. Doc may also.
Charlie Gravel

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
― Oscar Wilde
Doc Jones

Post by Doc Jones »

Sorry for the slow response. I just found out about this thread last night as I'm usually hanging out on the flute or pipes forums.

For some reason, I sometimes can't email people back and have no way of knowing they didn't get the message.

Sadly, I may actually be spam. Who'd have guessed? :(

Anyhoo, I always get my PMs and my phone number is on the website. So, feel free to call any time with questions or whatnot. :)

Thanks too to all for the kind words. The best part of this "business" has been the friendships developed.

Best to all,

Doc
:) Doc's Book

Want to learn about medicinal herbs?
Doc's Website

Want to become a Clinical Herbalist? Doc's Herb School
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

Doc Jones wrote:Sorry for the slow response. I just found out about this thread last night
But don't ask ME how he found out: Isn't EVERYONE awake at 10:30 pm even though they have to get up at 5am???? :oops:
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Doc Jones

Post by Doc Jones »

IDAwHOa wrote:
Doc Jones wrote:Sorry for the slow response. I just found out about this thread last night
But don't ask ME how he found out: Isn't EVERYONE awake at 10:30 pm even though they have to get up at 5am???? :oops:
Yeah, I'm accustomed to getting woken up for a different sort of emergency.

"Huh...wha...who's calving on Chiff and Fipple?" :lol:

Doc
:) Doc's Book

Want to learn about medicinal herbs?
Doc's Website

Want to become a Clinical Herbalist? Doc's Herb School
springrobin
Tell us something.: I play flute, whistle and harp and have been a member on this board for many years. I have tended to be a lurker recently and just posted a response for the first time in quite awhile.

Post by springrobin »

I found I had to use my home e-mail when corresponding with Doc 'cause my work one scrubbed his incomings.
picardy third
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by picardy third »

I got my Freeman tweaked Gen. C today. Very nice whistle. Very good contrast to the Burke C that I normally use. This will probably be the whistle I use when we do "Freedom" on the Fourth of July. Doc and Jerry came through wonderfully on this one.

Doc: I hope this post has not affected your business in a negative way. I think it shows how great it is to do business with you, and you make sure the customer gets what they need. Thanks for following up! While I don't play flute, I hope to do business again sometime!

P3
"Have a cluckity-cluck-cluck day."