You @#$^@^% son of a ^*^#. I oughta $#$#%^%your)(*&^!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
jsluder
antispam: No

Post by jsluder »

I don't have anything to vent about at the moment.

Okay, the moment passed.

Our cable modem has been going offline a lot lately, so I scheduled a service call for this morning. So, why do chudding cable companies tell you they'll show up between 8 AM and 12 noon (and call 15 minutes before arriving), then not show up until 12:30 PM (without calling first)? Well, I found out why they didn't call, at least. When we changed our phone number a while back, they updated their billing system, but not their service scheduling system (so they were calling a disconnected number). WHY AREN'T THESE SYSTEMS TIED INTO THE SAME SMEGGING DATABASE?! Cable companies and phone companies... birds of a feather.

(Credit where credit is due: When the technician finally showed up, he quickly found and fixed the problem; there was a water-damaged connection in their box out by the street.)
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Teri-K
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Teri-K »

jsluder wrote:
(Credit where credit is due: When the technician finally showed up, he quickly found and fixed the problem; there was a water-damaged connection in their box out by the street.)
Comcast? That's interesting because we're having the same problem up here in Lake Forest Park. Our connection has been dropping numerous times each day for the past few weeks, along with major glitches on digital t.v. service.
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Thank you chas. :party: I think by your telling me to get out of here you ment the first page?
Black cows here are made with root beer and Blue Bell ice cream.
Last edited by Tommy on Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Teri-K wrote:Comcast? That's interesting because we're having the same problem up here in Lake Forest Park. Our connection has been dropping numerous times each day for the past few weeks, along with major glitches on digital t.v. service.
Yep, Comcast. We hadn't had any problems with cable TV (not digital, though), just internet. Of course, I won't be convinced the problem is truly eliminated until we go a week or two with no dropouts. But, at least it started working again after he repaired the connection in the outside box.
Tony McGinley

Post by Tony McGinley »

. . ........... ....... . 2
E=MC

jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Tony McGinley wrote:. . ........... ....... . 2
E=MC
This reminds me... I saw a Dell computer box sitting in the hallway at work the other day, and the box had "EMC^2" (where "^2" indicates a superscript 2) printed on it. So, why didn't they save some ink and just print it as "E^2"?
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

A phone tech told me once that sometimes they just keep adding to a line untill it becomes overloaded. Then the next tech that comes along has to deal with it.
IDAwHOa
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

jsluder wrote:This reminds me... I saw a Dell computer box sitting in the hallway at work the other day, and the box had "EMC^2" (where "^2" indicates a superscript 2) printed on it. So, why didn't they save some ink and just print it as "E^2"?
NOW I have something to complain about. That has got to be the DUMBEST question I have ever heard. Why? I dunno, just thought it was.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

IDAwHOa wrote:
jsluder wrote:This reminds me... I saw a Dell computer box sitting in the hallway at work the other day, and the box had "EMC^2" (where "^2" indicates a superscript 2) printed on it. So, why didn't they save some ink and just print it as "E^2"?
NOW I have something to complain about. That has got to be the DUMBEST question I have ever heard. Why? I dunno, just thought it was.
Wow! Now I feel like I really belong! Someone finally recognized my incredible talent for asking dumb questions! :D

Oh, by the way... Smeg off, chud-breath. :twisted:
fiddlinviolinin

Post by fiddlinviolinin »

... Why the @#$* does Food Network have to put all of Jamie Oliver's kick ass shows on $#!@ing 4:30 in the *$&%ing morning?!?!?!?!

... The world needs more of Jamie Oliver... And pipers.. Meh.

Cheers and sleeeeepy time..
Armand
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

Tony McGinley wrote:. . ........... ....... . 2
E=MC

Now, that's just a theory.... I propose teaching Intelligent Physics :roll:
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
oscartherabbit

Post by oscartherabbit »

Wasps.

Just what is the f#*@#%$! point of wasps? Nasty little yellow and black stingy b#$^&!£!s the lot of 'em. A pox on them and their small regurgitated paper homes. Death to the lot of 'em, I say.

What do we want? War on wasps! When do we want it? NOW!

(And yes, I did just get stung. Three times.)
You don't stop playing when you get old. You get old when you stop playing.
dwinterfield

Post by dwinterfield »

jsluder wrote:
Teri-K wrote:Comcast? That's interesting because we're having the same problem up here in Lake Forest Park. Our connection has been dropping numerous times each day for the past few weeks, along with major glitches on digital t.v. service.
Yep, Comcast. We hadn't had any problems with cable TV (not digital, though), just internet. Of course, I won't be convinced the problem is truly eliminated until we go a week or two with no dropouts. But, at least it started working again after he repaired the connection in the outside box.
We've been with Adelphia for a long time and suprisingly the service has been okay for the past couple of years. Now our town has been bought by COMCAST as part of the Adelphia bankruptcy.

(As an the ethical aside, are millions in corporate fraud, dozens of major felonies and general all around nepotistic corruption socially acceptable if the perpertrators can deliver quality cable TV and cable modem service?)

&(^*)^JJ =)*^%&*HJ Koioyff0=9U* ()&_+^_(^ COMCAST !!!! Just practicing. The worst part of the changeover is that I'll lose my 8 year old e-mail address and probably be forced to become ******161739.comcast.net :-?
emmline

Post by emmline »

What does a chud smell like? Can a chud smeg? Is it appropriate to smeg chuds in the whistle forum? The best chuds AND smegs are always found in the Pub. Spike the cleaning lady does not always do a shipshape job on the corners of the countertop where the moulding sticks up a bit to prevent Dub from sliding his pint glass over the edge on those nights when he's feeling a bit too cheerful. Plenty of chud and smeg to be had by those handy with a putty knife.
ConnieS

Post by ConnieS »

oscartherabbit wrote:Wasps.

A pox on them and their small regurgitated paper homes. Death to the lot of 'em, I say.

What do we want? War on wasps! When do we want it? NOW!
Here, here. Last week my five-year-old asked me what wasps are for. I said, "Well, uh...um..." Nothing!!! They do nothing, and nothing would bother to eat them.

Put some baking soda on those stings.

Oh, I guess this post has nothing to do with whistles. Okay, here goes--I hate Walton whistles!! Unless, of course, it's a Mellow Dog, in which case it's not really a Walton anymore. BTW, if there are any Walton mfgr people on this board, look, it's just my opinion, okay? :wink: