Rats!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Tak_the_whistler
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Tak_the_whistler »

I have a mouse called Ham which I can manipulate with my fingers. Basically what I do is put my thumb or middle finger into the hole on its stomach.

Now I have two more mice on the way home; they're both named Judy. Black/gray Judy and white Judy.

If you can wiggle your fingers, then you can surely make it run up and down your arm, eat some pet foods, and play in your hands like a real mouse.

Yes, I'm affiliated with the company "D"; crystal people themselves told me tha ////silence//////ratratrat///'&%#'"anae4t4577--JUDYTHEMOUSE.

:lol:

bunny, ever considered making the rat your pet? Feed him and see what happens. You'll perhaps come to like him! :)
<><
Tak
---------------------------------------
<b>"Nothing can be yours by nature."</b>
--- Lewis
Jerry Freeman
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Put him to work!

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/africa/01 ... index.html

Best wishes,
Jerry
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

andreaz54 wrote:I'm 100% in agreement with using the humane traps and then releasing the wild darling far, far, away.
Maybe in Cranberry's living room? He seems to like it a lot.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
vomitbunny

Post by vomitbunny »

These guys stand up on thier back legs and show their teeth. I don't think cats would mess with them.
My opinion is stupid and wrong.
Jack

Post by Jack »

IDAwHOa wrote:
andreaz54 wrote:I'm 100% in agreement with using the humane traps and then releasing the wild darling far, far, away.
Maybe in Cranberry's living room? He seems to like it a lot.
He would go well with the roaches and silverfish. :)
Jack

Post by Jack »

MikeyLikesIt wrote:
Cranberry wrote:
MikeyLikesIt wrote:I had a bad rat problem a few years back, and thats how we got rid of them (in conjuction with releasing our fearless killer kitty on the Basmatis :twisted:
Perhaps instead of the rats being called Basmatis, the person who allowed the cat to kill them could be called as such, with an extra qualifier: stupid.
Aw, no offense towards rat lovers or the rats themselves. No need for hostility either. I was just letting nature take it's course.
Nature's course does not involve humans keeping cats in the first place, now does it?

Likewise, does nature's course involve putting up concrete jungles in place of animals' homes, then allowing them to be killed when we decide they are Basmatis in their own territory which we've invaded?

We've already taken their homes; the very least we can do is to try our best not to kill them. We shouldn't brag about allowing other animals of which we are in control to kill them, then call them Basmatis after they're dead.

I apologise for calling you a stupid basmati, but at least you were alive to hear it.
emmline

Post by emmline »

Cranberry wrote: when we decide they are Basmatis in their own territory which we've invaded?
Tell ya what Cran. Why don't you do a paleontological study of the history of the North American ecosystem, and when you've determined which species were there "first," (discounting any which are extinct, unless we're opting to replace them with their closest living genetic relatives,) we'll lobby for the "North American Give It Back Act (NAGIBA)," and when all habitats have been restocked with their original life forms, we'll all drink purple koolaid.

Sorry...I know I'm a cynical dynamist, and your feelings are hurt for the animals being unkindly labeled "Basmatis," (a pov I share, btw,) but I do think it's sometimes a characteristic trait of the young to take things too seriously. You will disagree with me. I am cool with that.
MikeyLikesIt

Post by MikeyLikesIt »

Cranberry wrote:
MikeyLikesIt wrote:
Cranberry wrote: Perhaps instead of the rats being called Basmatis, the person who allowed the cat to kill them could be called as such, with an extra qualifier: stupid.
Aw, no offense towards rat lovers or the rats themselves. No need for hostility either. I was just letting nature take it's course.
Nature's course does not involve humans keeping cats in the first place, now does it?

Likewise, does nature's course involve putting up concrete jungles in place of animals' homes, then allowing them to be killed when we decide they are Basmatis in their own territory which we've invaded?

We've already taken their homes; the very least we can do is to try our best not to kill them. We shouldn't brag about allowing other animals of which we are in control to kill them, then call them Basmatis after they're dead.

I apologise for calling you a stupid basmati, but at least you were alive to hear it.

The common brown rat is as muchan invader to these lands as we are as emmline so aptly hinted to. And nature's course would invlove having cats, perhaps because unlike you I view homo sapiens as an animal in the environment as well. The reason we have domesticated animals is not because we're evil, pests exploiting the earth, it's because we've evolved into a very intelligent resourseful species. In other words, we own cats to kill off pests that might spread desease, dogs to help hunt and protect, livetock for food. Granted, with the development of new food technologies, these reasons for having domesticated animals have become less in this country. But travel somewhere else, to a country where the common brown rat can spread disease and devetation amongst the human population and ask yourself if my line of thinking might have some logical course to it.

I am no advocate of "steel jungles" as you put it, I'm in school t be a veterinarian and love animals as much as the next Animal Planet junkie. An animal should be able to run about in it's own territory. But guess what? Nature's not a very kind thinng either, it's not as if they'd have it any easier if we weren't here with our cats. Rat's wouldn't even be in most of the world if it weren't for humans. So for the sake of ending this debate, let's leave it at that!

All the best,
Mike
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

....and anyway, who says it's not nature's course or plan for us humans to put animals in cages, or to eat them, or to do whatever we do, be it good or be it bad? I mean, we humans are also a part of nature, we too have evolved to what we have become according to which ever laws of nature may apply.
just a thought..
lixnaw

Post by lixnaw »

amar wrote:who says it's not nature's course or plan for us humans to put animals in cages, or to eat them, or to do whatever we do, be it good or be it bad? I mean, we humans are also a part of nature, we too have evolved to what we have become according to which ever laws of nature may apply.
just a thought..
who says it's not nature's course or plan that they'll eat you amar :lol: :wink:
but i believe zoo's are a bad thing, and pets and livestock should be treated with respect, aswell as wild life.
Jack

Post by Jack »

emmline wrote:
Cranberry wrote: when we decide they are Basmatis in their own territory which we've invaded?
Tell ya what Cran. Why don't you do a paleontological study of the history of the North American ecosystem, and when you've determined which species were there "first," (discounting any which are extinct, unless we're opting to replace them with their closest living genetic relatives,) we'll lobby for the "North American Give It Back Act (NAGIBA)," and when all habitats have been restocked with their original life forms, we'll all drink purple koolaid.

Sorry...I know I'm a cynical dynamist, and your feelings are hurt for the animals being unkindly labeled "Basmatis," (a pov I share, btw,) but I do think it's sometimes a characteristic trait of the young to take things too seriously. You will disagree with me. I am cool with that.
I was actually not speaking of the individual rat species, but towards animals and wildlife in general. I should've made that clearer.
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

lixnaw wrote: but i believe zoo's are a bad thing
Zoos are NOT a bad thing, not at all. I wonder how many young (or older) people have been positively influenced by a trip to the zoo and decided to go into fields of work that benefit animals. Another thing is that, although not totally successful, quite a number of endangered species have been reintroduced back into nature or at least captive populations are maintained through the work of captive breeders. The California Condor and the Perigrine falcon are two very good examples I am familiar with.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

IDAwHOa wrote:
Zoos are NOT a bad thing, not at all. I wonder how many young (or older) people have been positively influenced by a trip to the zoo and decided to go into fields of work that benefit animals. Another thing is that, although not totally successful, quite a number of endangered species have been reintroduced back into nature or at least captive populations are maintained through the work of captive breeders. The California Condor and the Perigrine falcon are two very good examples I am familiar with.
...the Black Footed Ferret...although, if the continuing extermination of it's prey species, the prairie dog, isn't checked, no amount of captive breeding will keep it on the face of this planet. That pretty much goes for any life form, remove habitat and food, life form becomes extinct.
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

IDAwHOa wrote:
One of my father's friends was heavily involved in the Peregrine captive breeding effort - he had a huge free-flight aviary attached to his house, and helped raise birds for release. A large part of their effort was devoted to teaching the young birds how to hunt - no matter how good the instincts, there's a lot of learned behavior in being a successful predator.

Nature's a balance. And predators are not only a part of nature, but a necessary part - most prey species, when their predators are eliminated, breed to the point of overpopulation, disease, and starvation.

For that matter, anyone who thinks "herbivore" implies gentle behavior show see some of the dominance battles our backyard squirrels get into.
emmline

Post by emmline »

I suggest you read "Life of Pi" by Yann Martel. It will not necessarily change your pov, but should at least present some interesting other sides of the story.
(Actually, I recommend it to anyone, even if you don't have preconceived notions about zoos. Thought provoking from a religious standpoint as well.)