What Age Brackets are largest on this site.

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.

How Old Are You?

0-16
4%
17-25
8%
26-35
20%
36-45
27%
46-55
36%
56-65
6%
66-75
No votes

Total votes: 132

dubhlinn
antispam: No

Post by dubhlinn »

dubhlinn wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:Like my father before me, each birthday finds me at 29.

Yeah,but what month and what year?

Slan,
D.
And that ,my friend ,would be asking.

Slan,
D.
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Actually, D, I'm 49, it galls me to admit. But I'm a youthful 49 after I've spruced up for the day. Before that, it's a ghastly sight.
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

:lol:

Ha. I knew I'd shame it out of you.
Going back to Glaubers original post I have been reading that Canto and find it very heavy going albeit interesting.
I've always felt that Yeats and some very interesting views on ageing and all that goes with it.He went a bit funny in his later years what with hanging out with Crowley and that crowd but his later work is still very perceptive and I find it easier to grasp as i get older myself.
I read somewhere that you are only ever one age in your mind irrespective of "body years" and if that is true I would put myself about twentyone. Now,if I could only get the body to act twentyone again.....

Slan,
D.
:wink:

W.B.Yeats
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

When people ask my age, I often like to say,"My walker's in the mail."
happyturkeyman
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by happyturkeyman »

16 and a quarter.

w00t for April babies.
We can dance if we want to
We can leave your friends behind
Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance
Well they're no friends of mine.
RonKiley

Post by RonKiley »

I am middle aged. Of course how many people do you know who live to be 130.

Ron
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

54 here...
In my day job as a podiatrist, I see hundreds of people of all chronological ages, and I've come to not place much value in that number. Many are fully alert, active and vital well into their late 90s, while others to put it bluntly are old farts in their 30s. Nothing but complaints and grumbling. As my old receptionist used to say "they're already dead, and just don't have the sense to lie down".
I never have understood why people are ashamed of their age. As if having survived for a long time is something to hide! Be proud. You earned every wrinkle the hard way.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
irishduffy

Post by irishduffy »

Very true my great grandfather was 99 when he died, alert as he ever was till the last minute. I come from a very spry family. right know there are 5 over 90s in my family.

Brings me to a great saying,

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the Privilege.
Jim Wright

Age?

Post by Jim Wright »

Much like our cars ... it is not so much the mileage/years as how you put them on and how much "oooomph" is still in the engine. That being the case I am sadly in need of my 300,000 mile overhaul.

Only thing wrong with old age ... it is so permanent!

Jim
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

This also serves as a survey of which age brackets are most adept at responding to the polling feature.
Reasonable person
Walden
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

58 in September, never felt better and looking forward to "Geezer" status in our sessions!

Now that I'm divorced and have gone through that life's stuff and my old stuff, I found that I have unburdened myself a great deal and the conclusion of wading through that stuff is that I don't need a lot stuff!

I live in a smallish condo and I treat it like a sailboat, there is only so much room and objects have to do double or triple duty to stay on board. My spending on stuff except for the necessities and essentials of life have been reduced to almost nil.

I found two boxes of T-shirts that are brand new, ones that I bought or given to me over the years ---- I will never have to buy T-shirts again. Gave away fifteen beautiful sweaters, kept five. Bags of clean clothes went to the Salvation Army men's hostel yesterday. House hold goods were donated to St. Vincent DePaul Society. Most of my classical music collection on CD was donated to the library system that I work for, about 250 CDs. Haven't listen to most in five years. Five two piece suits also went.

I've sold two of three kayaks, down to five pairs of shoes and sandals, one really good winter coat, enough decent clothes to get me through the work week, enough good whistles to keep me happy until the end of time. I stopped using my cell phone, only read and deal with personal email once a day. Don't buy books of any kind anymore, even tune books, there are more tunes on the internet than five life times can deal with.

I am happy with the level of playing on the whistles and flute, and have no dreams of playing Carnegie Hall or joining a touring band. I love the people who I play ITM with, they are the dearest of friends.

I'm content and even happy about becoming 58, looking forward to the big 60 and beyond.

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

:thumbsup:

Way to go MarkB,way to go!!

Slan,
D.

:D

W.B.Yeats
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Nanohedron said;
When people ask my age, I often like to say,"My walker's in the mail."
It will not be that funny in about ten years as the first of the boomers move into retirement and older age, the sidewalks are going to become jambed with walkers, and those scooter thingies; but suburban areas don't have enough sidewalks to carry all the future traffic.

I work in a large city library in the core of the city and right beside our building is a high rise seniors building, there was an actual traffic jamb on the sidewalk in front of the library the other day with what seemed hundreds of seniors all trying to go everywhichway at once with their walkers and scooters. It is only going to get worse not better.

Imagine multilaned sidewalks, with fast and slow lanes in the future! :boggle:

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
irishduffy

Post by irishduffy »

walkers. No the boomers should get segways. :)
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

MarkB wrote:I work in a large city library in the core of the city and right beside our building is a high rise seniors building, there was an actual traffic jamb on the sidewalk in front of the library the other day with what seemed hundreds of seniors all trying to go everywhichway at once with their walkers and scooters. It is only going to get worse not better.
Good Lord. That's something that I might have expected to see as a skit on Second City Television. Imagining the reality of it is just as excruciating as a comedy skit would have been.

My day will come. I'm not ashamed of my maturity, but I do recall the day when some young buck (odd to say that; I think of myself as one) called me "spry". I was only 37, fer cryin' out loud! I just about killed him.