Photos from Friday Harbor!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Karina
antispam: No

Post by Karina »

You know, I would have posted normal pictures, but I actually don't have any...

And jef, that hot dog...I don't know what to say...there are no words for it.

Walden, I have no clue what they were snorting, but whatever it was, they didn't give me any, so I'm hurt.

I am a little sorry that I don't have normal pictures to give a proper representation of their usual decency... just another reason to go back again next year!
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Oh, Man. I used to love the days of Irish music workshops. In a few weeks I'll just be an old married mommy. Sigh.

:wink:
~JessieD
Azalin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Azalin »

MurphyStout wrote:HEHE!! Now just imagine leg hair like that all over a persons body except their head and you have Azalin!!
Ah, you bast%@$! I actually plan on being the first APE ever playing whistle the right way. Maybe one day.

Jack, the more I think of it, the more I think I would like to spend one month, like from november 1st to november 30, in Clare, around Ennis, for that festival, but also because 1) we get rid of the tourists 2) cheaper flights 3) we actually get to see some irish playing music. That week in Seattle was great, makes me think I prefer quieter, tourist free environment. Must be getting old. Anyway, would try to get intensive concertina lessons in november, etc. Also, my friend Kate is showing at the festival.
Loren
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Heh heh, man - you guys crack me up, sounds like a great time.

Loren
AaronMalcomb

Post by AaronMalcomb »

MurphyStout wrote:Hehe Chris, I was talking to a wicked banjo player by the name of Dave Cory who used to live in Boston and I asked him if he knew you.
I saw Dave in Seattle last Saturday playing with Hanz Araki. He was great on banjo and he probably performed the fastest guitar string replacement and tuning I've ever seen. He also took a Metloef bodhran to task. Is sounded like a rapper doing beat-box. Do Metloefs sound like that in general or was it perhaps Dave's style?

Cheers,
Aaron
Azalin

Post by Azalin »

Yeah, Dave is one of the best banjo player I've seen, and his sister a very good fiddler and awesome step dancer. They're just great!
Martin Milner
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Martin Milner »

Jack, I haven't slept in that position since I was in a cot! Dunno how you managed, but anyway, it was really fun seeing you and Az again, even if you two did bore me to sleep with whistle talk on the way to the Ferry. Fiddle, now that's an instrument.

Get your hairy hobbit feet over to London asap and we can have some more fun eating 12 ounce steaks with mash, and chatting till 3am about American politics.

btw, much of that stuff on the floor was Beth's "to go" pile, I'm suprised she didn't tape you into a box and sell you on eBay. "One slightly rumpled Californian, sold as seen" might have fetched a couple of bucks.
ChrisLaughlin

Post by ChrisLaughlin »

:oops: Murph, I missed that! Yeah... I was amazed those guys put up with me at all. David is really one of the best musicians I've heard on any instrument and it was great to have him treat me so well. The last time we played together was two years ago and I've made some good progress since then. On the other hand, David's been playing for the last two years as well and is probably so much better now than he was last time I heard him that in comparison I'd be even worse than I used to be... make sense?
Anyhow, I'll be home at least for June? Up for some fun?
Chris