OT: New U.S. $20s

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
jbarter
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by jbarter »

I'm sure I read somewhere that all US banks notes (bills?) are the same size. How do the blind know what demonition they're handling?
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
vomitbunny
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by vomitbunny »

What have you people got against beets? And what's with the old buffallo nickle?
My opinion is stupid and wrong.
SirNick
Tell us something.: I love Irish music! I am mostly a whistle player but would like to learn more about flutes. I also have a couple older whistles I'd like to sell and maybe pick up a bamboo flute to practice with.

Post by SirNick »

Underpriviledged kids not being fed breakfast and getting on a bus for an hour and a half to go to an overcrowded school might be in need of 30 million dollars. I hearby authorize the government the right to not advertise things I have no choice but to accept.
"You have my undivided attention"
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

SirNick wrote:Underpriviledged kids not being fed breakfast and getting on a bus for an hour and a half to go to an overcrowded school might be in need of 30 million dollars. I hearby authorize the government the right to not advertise things I have no choice but to accept.
I'd agree, until <a href="http://www.digiserve.com/eescape/closet ... l">this</a> happened to me because of lack of education.
SirNick
Tell us something.: I love Irish music! I am mostly a whistle player but would like to learn more about flutes. I also have a couple older whistles I'd like to sell and maybe pick up a bamboo flute to practice with.

Post by SirNick »

fearfaoin wrote:
SirNick wrote:Underpriviledged kids not being fed breakfast and getting on a bus for an hour and a half to go to an overcrowded school might be in need of 30 million dollars. I hearby authorize the government the right to not advertise things I have no choice but to accept.
I'd agree, until <a href="http://www.digiserve.com/eescape/closet ... l">this</a> happened to me because of lack of education.
That article's great! :lol:
I think I've been to that Taco Bell!

We get ourselves into these problems by starting something and just letting it fizzle out. Examples; We're switching to the metric system! (Oh nevermind.) We've got a $1 coin. (Oh nevermind, lets just give them all to the post office to use as change). :wink:
"You have my undivided attention"
OutOfBreath

Post by OutOfBreath »

jbarter wrote:I'm sure I read somewhere that all US banks notes (bills?) are the same size. How do the blind know what demonition they're handling?
I have a good friend who is blind. Usually, he shops with his wife or a friend so it's not an issue. When that is not the case he uses a debit card or credit card - he is still signing something he can't see, but they have a record if the vendor tries to screw him. So far he's never been screwed.

He's even worked places where he had to receive money and issue receipts - for that he used a bill reader (like what you would find in a vending machine) attached to his computer.
John
-------
The Internet is wonderful. Surely there have always been thousands of people deeply concerned about my sex life and the quality of my septic tank but before the Internet I never heard from any of them.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Here's one of them:

The other one has the same front with a buffalo on the obverse. It was in the Atlanta Journal Constitution today.
Jon C.
Tell us something.: I restore 19th century flutes, specializing in Rudall & Rose, and early American flutes. I occasionally make new flutes. Been at it for about 15 years.

Post by Jon C. »

Hi,
So here's a picture of the new $20. I like his hair! Image
They said that it will be harder to counterfiet... A friend from Ecuador said that the Columbians were printing up the twenty's with
Goerge Washington's face on them! :boggle: These bill do look nicer, more of a "color of money"...
As far as schools go, they need to cut the administration and give the money to the teachers.
Jon
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Jon C. wrote:Hi,
So here's a picture of the new $20. I like his hair! Image
Did Jackson REALLY have that weird of a head? I mean really......the part above his eyes (his forehead) is just as big as the part below them. He looks like an alien :boggle:

H
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Wanderer
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

izzarina wrote:
Did Jackson REALLY have that weird of a head? I mean really......the part above his eyes (his forehead) is just as big as the part below them. He looks like an alien :boggle:

H
http://www.sanford-artedventures.com/cr ... rtion.html
Eyes are halfway down the face...
;)
Darwin

Post by Darwin »

Wanderer wrote:
izzarina wrote:

H
http://www.sanford-artedventures.com/cr ... rtion.html
;)
It's true. I just measured mine. Of course, I may look like a alien, myself.

I'm assuming that izzarina meant "space alien", not "foreigner". I've always wanted to do a cartoon with a guy in a business suit standing next to a vegetable field, talking to another guy in an INS uniform. The field would be full of critters with eyes on stalks and tentacles, and the first guy would be saying, "How could I have known that they were aliens?"
Mike Wright

"When an idea is wanting, a word can always be found to take its place."
 --Goethe
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Darwin wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
;)
It's true. I just measured mine. Of course, I may look like a alien, myself.
Ok, I concede the point...it seems that I was having another...ahem...BRUNETTE moment :P But I still say that there's something odd about his picture. And yes, Darwin, I WAS speaking of aliens from outer space. :lol:

Heather :wink:
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

izzarina wrote:I still say that there's something odd about his picture.
It appears to me that he has a receding hairline and very bushy hair.
Reasonable person
Walden
Wanderer
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

izzarina wrote: Ok, I concede the point...it seems that I was having another...ahem...BRUNETTE moment :P But I still say that there's something odd about his picture. And yes, Darwin, I WAS speaking of aliens from outer space. :lol:

Heather :wink:
It's probably cause his hair is sticking straight up, rather than dropping down over his forehead. It makes his head look a lot bigger than it is.
emmline

Post by emmline »

He has, if pictured accurately, an extraordinarily long face. So, even with his eyes being correctly placed, he has a gaunt and spooky aspect.