OT - What happened to what's his/her name ??

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
jim_mc
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a New York native who gradually slid west and landed in the Phoenix area. I like riding on the back seat of a tandem bicycle. I like dogs and have three of them. I am a sometime actor and an all the time teacher, husband, and dad.

Post by jim_mc »

Yes, Daniel the Celtic Warrior. He was only on the previous incarnation of the board, I think.

I was also wondering what happened to Kim in Tulsa.

And Cranberry. Cranberry rocked.
Say it loud: B flat and be proud!
Cori
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cori »

I know it sounds a bit morbid, but ... I have a note of online people for my family to contact in case of the awful happening. I have friendships online that are are valid and important to me as anything offline, and it worries me to think people might just be left hanging.

It was discussed in another community I belong to, and it is a morbid subject, but also inevitable - planning is always good.

However, I know how offline life can catch up all the free hours, and I'm thinking all the people named above are just having too much whistlin' fun to have time to post here.
All we have to decide is what to do with the tune that is given us.
Tweaked from Tolkien
Jack

Post by Jack »

I've been here. I'm in the middle of moving and I'm staying at three different places an only one has a computer so when I do get to come here I only have time to read private messages and a couple of posts then I have to go. Plus I've had about five thousand hours of filling out job applications and such so my time is eaten away easily.

I wouldn't just leave out of the blue, I'd make a big occasion out of it and make people send me goodbye presents and stuff. ;)
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

I'll never forget whatizname. :sniffle:
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

I miss MikeR who left some months ago after a remark of his was censored. Whilst I accept the need for policing by those who own the board—we are their guests—I do think the misunderstanding that led to Mike leaving was unfortunate.
jim_mc
Tell us something.: I'm a New York native who gradually slid west and landed in the Phoenix area. I like riding on the back seat of a tandem bicycle. I like dogs and have three of them. I am a sometime actor and an all the time teacher, husband, and dad.

Post by jim_mc »

Cranberry wrote:I've been here. I'm in the middle of moving and I'm staying at three different places an only one has a computer so when I do get to come here I only have time to read private messages and a couple of posts then I have to go. Plus I've had about five thousand hours of filling out job applications and such so my time is eaten away easily.

I wouldn't just leave out of the blue, I'd make a big occasion out of it and make people send me goodbye presents and stuff. ;)
I knew you didn't really leave. I just said it to pull you out of lurk mode :wink:
Say it loud: B flat and be proud!
John Palmer

Post by John Palmer »

I miss John Palmer

(Who?)

JP
John Palmer

Post by John Palmer »

Wait a minute, how come I only have 11 posts, now? I used to have nearly 500. What a jip!

Maybe I can redo myself and start again with a whole new name.

JP
madguy

Post by madguy »

Add me to the list of those who miss Celtic Warrior, and Kim in Tulsa. Oh, and Serpent, too. I wonder if it's his whistlesmithing that's keeping him away, or the not-so-long-ago arrival of his grandchild? :)

~Larry
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

prolly a little of both, madguy, but I emailed him a couple weeks ago and he said it's the whistle business that's got him running around like a headless chicken. He quit his desk jocky job and is trying to do whistles full time now, I think...
<i>The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.</i>
Loren
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

blackhawk wrote:I'll never forget whatizname. :sniffle:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good one, dude!

Loren
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

jim_mc wrote:Yes, Daniel the Celtic Warrior. He was only on the previous incarnation of the board, I think.
He signed up here when we moved, but only posted eight times.

Also, Blackhawk wrote:
"Actually I did just think of someone I miss, Wandering Whistler. I liked him a lot. He was always there for the newbies like me, and he had a wealth of experience with many different whistles. He got run out of here by the crabbier types who followed him out the door shortly after he left, those who didn't put up a website with the sheet music for many different tunes like he did."

Greg was one of us from the days of the old board - nice guy to have around. Of course, he still posts - over there.

And Sunnywindo said:
"Not to mention the more than four hundred people who have registered but never made a single post. Where are they? Sometimes the thought crosses my mind wondering if any of these people joined and then something awful happend... serious injury, death, etc.... that prevented them from ever posting. Or that someday if the board stays around, some who are regular posters are eventually going to age and pass on, or some accident will happen. How long will it be before their absense is noted and what happend to them is learned? A day? A week? A year? Sad thought. A tad bit morbid? I guess. Perhaps I just think too much."

Some folks are just naturally lurkers. And there are some who sign up on every website they visit - many of which they never get back to. I know what you mean, though. Some of us invest so much of our lives here that its almost like a real place. At least in places where you're physically present, your absence wil be noticed pretty quickly, but it is kind of sobering to realize that you can vanish from here as if you'd never even existed - witness this thread.
Last edited by Chuck_Clark on Sun Jul 06, 2003 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
littlejohngael
Tell us something.: I've been with Chiff and Fipple since shortly after I bought my first low D. I've learned loads from this community, and I intend to continue to learn and contribute. Many thanks to Dale and everyone who makes this site happen.

Post by littlejohngael »

John Palmer wrote:I miss John Palmer

JP
I miss John Palmer's avatar. :lol:

Little John
CHIFF FIPPLE

Post by CHIFF FIPPLE »

kevin m. wrote:Mick Woodruff seems to post exceedingly rarely,if at all,these days.
There has also been no new material on his own website for a while now.
I belive he had been in the states for a while, but he is back home now.
ImageStacey has the most bodacious fipples! & Message board
http://whistlenstrings.invisionzone.com ... t=0&p=3303&
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

Tub(e) Dud(e)