100 things to do wrong starting the whistle.

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
usfenderfsdlx
antispam: No

Re: 100 things to do wrong starting the whistle.

Post by usfenderfsdlx »

Yes, it's a painful experience. But you learn to bite your tongue and go on with life and joyful whistling.

P.S. Music school? Where do you go? I go to Belmont. I also have two acquaintances who recently picked up whistle, and they're both music students. It's unlikely, but if we're going to the same school and talking about the same people, that'd be crazy! Unlikely, but just checking.
Liam
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been playing Irish music for years, now I want to learn more about whistles to help teach my kids. Currently I play the Anglo Concertina and B/C accordion.

Post by Liam »

usfenderfsdlx wrote:I didn't have that chance! He picked it up of his own accord before I played. I brought some whistles to give to a friend, who was interested actually, wasn't planning on playing them. Another person, not the one I gave the whistles to, grabbed one of them to come and play "happy birthday" to one of the party guests. Happy indeed.

Man considering the way the whistle is played, it is rather rude to just play someone else's whistle without asking. Actually it is rude to do that with pretty much any instrument, but particularly rude for instruments that are played with a person's mouth in physical contact with the instrument.

--
Bill
usfenderfsdlx

Post by usfenderfsdlx »

That's true! If someone I didn't know at all, or anyone less than a good friend or trusted acquaintance, just up'n picked up my whistle and had a go, I wouldn't completely like that! I agree with you totally. I had already handed the whistle off to a friend though, and it was a good friend of that friend who picked up the whistle (and had never seen, heard, or touche done before). Anyway, It was overall long and well-acquainted company. It didn't come off rude as much as thoughtless. That is to say, I wasn't as upset by his picking up the whistle as I was by the rounds of laughter that were had at the expense of the instrument. A musician (he is a musician) should know better than to just call an instrument "the worst" on his first try. Or maybe it is musicians in particular who would say such a thing? :really: