OT. Where else do *you* lurk?(or, no newsgroup is an island)

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
mamakash
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by mamakash »

A question to better understand the private lives of CFers . . .
Where else do you post? How much time do you spend reading the inane rablings of other people? Do you perfer On topic or off?
Where else can I find you posting?

I spend equal time between CF and the Acoustic guitar forums. Both places have nice people and interesting topics. I've been hanging out at the Coffee Geek forum, too. I've had an interest in home roasting. I've done it once outside(in all things, a hot air popper!) but it's been so cold, I haven't done it since.
I sing the birdie tune
It makes the birdies swoon
It sends them to the moon
Just like a big balloon
SteveK

Post by SteveK »

I occasionaly look in at the mandolin cafe message board, very occasionally at tradmusic.com and sometimes at the session. I don't spend any significant amount of time at any of those places. C&F gives you the most entertainment for you money. I'm nainly a lurker at all those other places but I've posted a couple of messages at the session.

Steve
Redwolf
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

Well, I spend a lot of time at <A HREF="http://www.vegsource.com/index.special. ... gSource</A>, particularly on the ChristianVeg forum, which I moderate.

Then there's <A HREF="http://www.vegsource.com/animal/dogs/index.html">The Canine Club</A>, where I'm also a moderator.

Then there's my own forum, <A HREF="http://www.hotboards.com/plus/plus.mira ... scoTalk</A>, which I have been neglecting shamefully lately.

And last but definitely not least, there's <A HREF="http://www.format.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB ... AD">Praise Whistler</A>, which I found just a month or so ago.

I'm "Audrey" at all of those places except PW.

Redwolf
jim_mc
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a New York native who gradually slid west and landed in the Phoenix area. I like riding on the back seat of a tandem bicycle. I like dogs and have three of them. I am a sometime actor and an all the time teacher, husband, and dad.

Post by jim_mc »

Wel, C&F is my favorite, but I lurk the woodenflute list and occasionally post on fifeanddrum.com.

I look over the topics here and check my pm's just about every day, but don't really scrutinize the posts until the weekend. For some reason, I find this forum most entertaining well after midnight on a Saturday night/Sunday morning.
Say it loud: B flat and be proud!
Holt

Post by Holt »

As a novice whistler, I don't know enough to even ask the questions, so I'm learning by reading others' questions and answers. Sometimes I don't even know what they're talking about! I spend a lot of time enjoying the off topic threads, some of you are truly gifted with a wonderful sense of humor! The "Rumble" thread kept me laughing for several days!

As for other boards, I also use the NAWCC "pocket watch" forum to trade info with other collectors and watchmakers.

I also went shopping for a board for drummers(I'm looking for a pipes&drums gig as a sidedrummer) but I couldn't find one. I guess it's true what they say about us. You know: Q. what's the average drummer get on an I.Q. test? A. Drool

I hope the off topic stuff keeps coming, and the humor never stops!

Tommy
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Tho I am just a lurker, really, here at C&F, I save myself just for here. If I was a teenager with time to kill, I might two-time but.....too many new tunes with so little time.

I used to get the IRTRAD emails but since moving and getting new addy, I havent reenlisted. It was ponderous to read because it didnt have the neat interface of separate threads like our beloved Board.

And besides, yer all just such cutie-pies.....!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The Weekenders on 2003-01-29 11:19 ]</font>
FJohnSharp
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

I have spent most of my online life at a couple of writer's sites over the past few years before joining here a few months ago. I also visit the boards of Ohio State Buckeyes sports newspaper.

I have recently begain whittling my online time down, primarily the writers sites, as they took most of my time. This place only takes a few minutes to peruse each day. I need to spend more time doing real stuff, like writing and practicing my whistle and my drums.
Bretton
Tell us something.: I've been playing whistle for a very long time, but never seem to get any better than I was about 10 years ago. I'm okay with that. :)

Post by Bretton »

I also lurk/post at IRTRAD-L, the Yahoo! Groups Irish Box list, and the Squeezebox newsgroup.

I'm also on bunches of Library/Librarian related message boards and email lists.

-Brett
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

On 2003-01-29 11:06, Holt wrote:

I rode my pony on the reservation
In the Oklahoma Hills where I was born
'Way down yonder in the Indian nation
A cowboy's life is my occupation
In the Oklahoma Hills where I was born.
Reasonable person
Walden
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

I'm part of an Australian concertina news group. Otherwise I avoid newsgroups; they could easily take over my life.

I spend time, irregularly, on a large number of music web sites but tend to correspond with the host if I have questions I want answered or information to add. I also correspond by email regularly with quite a few people in musical and non-musical areas of interest.
Jeferson

Post by Jeferson »

I check out a cellular phone forum (Howardforums.com). I know, it sounds odd, but hey, that's me. Post there roughly once a month.

Also, there's a forum at biddingfortravel.com that explains how to use Priceline to get great deals at hotels. I've used it to stay at the new Hyatt in Seattle for $40 U.S. /night several times, a 3* hotel in Vancouver and Ottawa for $35U.S./night as well. Highly recommended, if only for a chance to see how dominating an overzealous moderator can be.

Jef
Aodhan

Post by Aodhan »

Well, I lurk in a few Irish Dance debate boards, thesession.org, and I post fairly regularly at OsCommerce, which is a discussion forum for an open source shopping cart I am implementing.

And of course, my forums. :smile:

Aodhan
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

I post all manner of nonsense on http://www.buis2.net and a lot on people's livejournals and their communities, but that's about it. I used to have a half dozen message boards I'd frequent, but I don't care to spend that much time on it anymore...
energy

Post by energy »

I lurk over on the session some, and I spend some time at the battlefront.com forum, a forum set up for a wargame...some very funny stuff goes on there, along with some off-taste humour, which is why I don't spend a lot of time there.

Mostly I'm a Chiffite, though, a large majority of my internet time is spent here.
"I don't want to be interesting. I want to be good." - Ludwig Mies van der Rohe
"I'm the goodest sheep rider there is. Except Jesus." - Koby Blunt, multiple time rodeo champion, age 6
Switchfoot

Post by Switchfoot »

I lurck at Christianguitar (the drummer forum) Switchfoots messageboard and sluggy freelances messageboard :smile: good stuff, C&F is by far the best yet though (and i actually am able to throw in my 2 cents without feeling like im going to get my head bitten off)