Snow for sale ...

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Jerry Freeman
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

I've mentioned this in another post, but I thought I'd better put it in a separate thread in case anyone missed it.

I have several thousand tons of genuine lake effect (Lake Ontario) snow available for the highest bidder. This is the very best quality snow, and it's in excellent condition, has been kept refrigerated, has had only one owner who just used it for light sledding.

If no one here is interested, I'll be putting it up on eBay in a few days.

Thank you and good luck with your bidding.

Best wishes,
Jerry

P.S. Buyer arranges shipping.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jerry Freeman on 2003-01-26 22:45 ]</font>
Aodhan
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Aodhan »

Well, since we have established that it is a valuable commodity, I have TONS of nothing that I can trade!

Just send all the snow you can manage to Phoenix, Arizona (Oh, PLEASE send it!), and I will send you nothing in return.

Much thanks
Aodhan

Speaking of upstate NY sticks, what part? A lot of my aunts and stuff live in and around the St. Lawrence seaway area, LaFargeville, and that area.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aodhan on 2003-01-26 23:25 ]</font>
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

On 2003-01-26 22:28, Jerry Freeman wrote:

P.S. Buyer arranges shipping.
I guess Priority mail won't work for that, huh?
Bagfed

Post by Bagfed »

yea I could use some New York snow for my collection....I'll take a couple...uh...how is it packaged? Bushels? barrels? can I get it in the shape of a bunnyrabbit? your going to have to please your target demographic if your going to unload all of it.Have you tried that chiffer from Alaska..I think they're America's largest consumer of snow (per capita)............Mighty nice airport ya got here.......... :smile:
Jon C.
Tell us something.: I restore 19th century flutes, specializing in Rudall & Rose, and early American flutes. I occasionally make new flutes. Been at it for about 15 years.

Post by Jon C. »

We could of used some snow at the Super Bowl today, the game was boring with the 82 deg weather...
Caoimhin

Post by Caoimhin »

I want snow in this tropical climate of mine...
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

A shame they didn't seem to save the pics, I remember seeing this auction when it really was on ebay:

http://www.whattheheck.com/ebay/snow.html
Bryan S. Poe

Post by Bryan S. Poe »

I have several tons of the same lake effect snow here in Buffalo, NY. If you buy from me there won't be any customs declarations nor import taxes, not to mention the tedious calculations involved in converting US Nothing ot Canadian Nothing. Buyer pays fixed shipping cost to be specified :wink:

Bryan
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

St. John's; Newfoundland and Labrador snow pictures from the past week.

http://www.bitstop.ca/snow_2003.htm

Those wanting or lacking snow -- enjoy!

MarkB
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Excuse me, Bryan.

I mean no disrespect towards your Buffalo lake effect snow, but it's not the same as my lake effect snow.

Your lake effect snow is Lake Erie snow. Mine is Lake Ontario snow. I believe anyone who collects lake effect snow would recognize the difference. It's a matter of personal preference which lake effect snow each collector would consider the more desirable.

Best wishes,
Jerry

P.S. If it will help anyone decide, I'm willing to record and post sound clips for you to evaluate. This will involve a fair amount of effort, so please don't ask for sound clips if you're not seriously interested in buying this snow.
You can purchase my whistles on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/freemanwhistle ... pg=&_from=

or directly from me:

email jerry ("at") freemanwhistles ("dot") com or send a PM.
vaporlock

Post by vaporlock »

Jerry, I'll take the whole lot. I will pick up the tab for shipping, provided you ship via Mother Earth Shipping Services (MESS) MESS will pick up the shipment this spring and deliver it to me next fall in liquid form. The service is slow and lately unreliable, but you can't beat the cost.

Will you take a rain check?
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

Here in Rochester, we've got Lake Erie <b>and</b> Lake Ontario snow. Anyone purchasing their snow from me need only order the one style and the other style will be included for free! Hours of fun comparing the snowflake patterns from two of the five Great Lakes!

Please take some of this stuff :lol: ...it took me 10 minutes to get my car out of a snowbank this morning....
Cees
Tell us something.: I became interested in the beauty and versatility of Irish whistles and music over 20 years ago when I first found the Chiff boards. Yes, I do have WHOA, and I love my whistles. :)

Post by Cees »

On 2003-01-27 13:40, avanutria wrote:
Please take some of this stuff :lol: ...it took me 10 minutes to get my car out of a snowbank this morning....
I'll take several thousand tons...we in Utah are in our third or fourth year of severe drought, and we really need it. At my house we've had snow maybe twice this year so far and it stayed for only a few hours...just a half inch or so each time. I can't afford to pay you anything but I can make you some cornbread or cinnamon rolls! :smile:
Cees
Tell us something.: I became interested in the beauty and versatility of Irish whistles and music over 20 years ago when I first found the Chiff boards. Yes, I do have WHOA, and I love my whistles. :)

Post by Cees »

On 2003-01-27 00:57, Jon C. wrote:
We could of used some snow at the Super Bowl today, the game was boring with the 82 deg weather...
The Super Bowl was on?

:lol:

Hmm, I guess I knew that...because there was absolutely nothing good on any of the other channels. I guess they figured everyone was watching it--but we weren't. We were disgruntled that there was nothing else entertaining on.
TubeDude

Post by TubeDude »

On 2003-01-27 13:40, avanutria wrote:
Here in Rochester, we've got Lake Erie <b>and</b> Lake Ontario snow. Anyone purchasing their snow from me need only order the one style and the other style will be included for free! Hours of fun comparing the snowflake patterns from two of the five Great Lakes!

Is this the same kind of snow that Andrea Corr uses?
Music and songs were part of a cowboy's life. It is said that a trail boss would never pick a fellow that could not sing or whistle.