tinwhistler's day jobs

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Pazziato
antispam: No

Post by Pazziato »

What a fascinating thread.

Still working the night shift at the morgue Bloomie?
Nilihism is best left to the Professionals.
eskin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by eskin »

I develop device drivers and do software/hardware architecture work for video capture and compression chips used for PCTV applications like Windows Media Center.
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

Doctor, working in psychiatry. Am not a patient. I believe. Most of the time. Where are my meds..?
wulle

Re: tinwhistler's day jobs

Post by wulle »

Hi all,

I'm a police officer working at the International Airport in Zaventem,Belgium.
Married to a nurse for 22 years and father of 2 kids ( well kids?? 16 and 19 years old ;-) )

Rudy
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Wow, old thread! I was wondering what ever happened to it. One of my favorites.
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
Protean
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Amateur whistler for 14 years, amateur fiddler for 30 years. Haven't played either much in a while, looking to get back into it.

Post by Protean »

Hey, neat, I'd often wondered this same question, considered asking it, but hadn't... I'll review the 35 pages of posts momentarily. First things first, though!

I'm a video game programmer. This often falls into the category of "night job" and "wee hours of the morning job," too. Seems we have a lot of technical people 'round these parts, especially programmers. Wonder why that is?
sjcavy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I love uilleann pipes and I have become obsessed with them. But now the antispam software is just irritating the hell out of me so I am typing random crap to get past the minimum 100 character limit.

Post by sjcavy »

I'm a junior at Marquette University. Homework, whistles, Didgeridoo, and Pipes take up most of my time. I'm a full time big brother, with a single mother who works all the time, so I take care of my two little boys all the time. well......not little. the 11 year old is as big as the soon-to-be 16 year old. APPARENTLY he was supposed to be 6'8" but the latest medical estimate is now 7'2". Someone save me from my own personal bull in a china shop.

Other than that I volunteer with mentally handicapped individuals. Mainly children, and male adults. Gotta love 'em. Their smiles make the world go round.

Sean
Just a newbie making his way through the world.
Infernaltootler

Post by Infernaltootler »

I run two online shops with my husband. One sells practical jokes, party supplies and fancy dress. The other sells cuddly toy animals. The former has been going since 1999 and is extremely successful. The other one is tickling along.

I also have 4 kids.
Finally feel like I'm getting somewhere. It's only taken 6 years.
Adrian W.

Post by Adrian W. »

I am a cabinetmaker and furnituremaker; full time instructor in a two-year diploma college woodworking program in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. Interested in lutherie, skiing and sea kayaks. Dabble in boats. My wife deals with historic costume at a national historic site. My daughter is a budding Cape Breton fiddler. I am attempting to fill the house with musical instruments I can't quite seem to get the hang of. And of course I lurk here from time to time.
In Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Maitín

Post by Maitín »

I'm still a student - of french language & literature, and also ethnology & cultural anthropology. What I'd like to do is teach french language as a professor.

@sjcavy: I like your sig - one of my all time favorites (especially The Chieftains & Sting's version), I even know the lyrics by heart (that beautiful chorus in equally beautiful gaelic), and I get the 'wth' looks by my friends when I'm chanting it. :D
dolphinjon

Post by dolphinjon »

I'm a graduate student in Intercultural Studies at a seminary in KY. Before that, I was a chemist in an analytical lab. I thought I was going to something easier. I was wrong!
riverman

Post by riverman »

For the past ten years I have preached at a church in a town so small that the only operating business is the post office. But our people come from a larger town too. They are full of the Spirit and love Jesus. I play the whistle for stress relief, and because I like the sound more than any other instrument on earth. I can't get enough of it.
I never play in worship. The whistle is just for me.
"Whoever comes to me I will never drive away." --Jesus Christ.
pkev

Post by pkev »

Hi

I manage 2 tenancy support services in different regions for vulnerable people experiencing difficulties, there are approx 40 service users in each area

Late 70's I was going to start out in Graphic design but due to financial constraints, I could not pursue this

I served my time as a Draughtsman / Fitter / Plater / Welder making material handling equipment and general fabrication ie conveyors, mezzanine flooring etc

Early 80's

Student at Leeds College of Music doing Musical Instrument making and repairing - Woodwind, String, Brass and Fretted Instruments

After this I set up a worshop to do repairs for private customers, Music shops and schools, colleges etc. Income was not regular and family was on the way so

Worked as an Instructor in Music, Art and Sports with Adults with learning difficulties then moved to focus on person centred planning support and stayed there for next 18 years

Also earned income from music through various bands playing various Instruments

I also teach Piano and Guitar to 3 students

Family consists of one Wife (25 years this year) 24 yr old son, 21 yr old daughter and 14 yr old son and Lady the family mutt

Cheers
pkev
KNQuail

Post by KNQuail »

I have my B.S. in Therapeutic Recreation but have been working as a nanny the past 5 years and also work in a small family-owned grocery store. I've worked there, sometimes full-time, sometimes part-time, depending on what else I'm doing, for 9 years now.
Bill Hennessy

Post by Bill Hennessy »

I'm a pastor in a church here in NY. Also a husband and father. I love playing the whistle and do occasionally play in worship. My wife got me started on it (an impulse Christmas gift she will never forgive herself for!).

Peace