Sindt C for sale

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
markv
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by markv »

On 2003-01-14 10:45, Gaaslaj wrote:
Sorry about not contacting any buyers, I don't have the internet, I have Juno e-mail and I was expecting a response that way. I thought that nobody was interested! I still have the whistle and I will contact the first buyer, if he still wants it. Thanks, John.

I'm not sure who was the first buyer John. I posted first but Cheryl sent you a private message before I posted. I think we decided on joint ownership of the whistle. If it is OK with Cheryl, Then I'll go ahead and pay for it and take the first year. Please send me an email at mvanek@licor.com to start the ball rolling. Cheryl should pop in here shortly to confirm that this arrangement is OK with her or not. For future reference you may want to list your email addy in your profile or on the for sale post to get a response :smile:

Good to hear from you and I think you are going to make a couple whistlers very happy.

Mark V.
Gaaslaj
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm selling a whistle, I'm a long-time member, thanks, John. Looks like I need more words, wow, really hard to update this, not sure what else to write, hope this is enough.

Post by Gaaslaj »

I'll do that! I assumed that the e-mail was available. Must never assume! I've sent you an e-mail. Thanks, John.
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

On 2003-01-14 10:48, Gaaslaj wrote:
Sorry about the confusion. I don't have the internet, just Juno e-mail. I was expecting an e-mail response, and thought nobody was interested! I'll contact the first person who offered and see if he still wants the whistle. Thanks! John.
Um, how did you expect people to send you e-mail if you didn't give your e-mail address?
Gaaslaj
Tell us something.: I'm selling a whistle, I'm a long-time member, thanks, John. Looks like I need more words, wow, really hard to update this, not sure what else to write, hope this is enough.

Post by Gaaslaj »

On many lists, the e-mail of the poster is there automatically. Since I haven't looked at this list very often, I didn't notice that. Sorry I stirred up the "whistle" nest! John.
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

Well, yes, but this is not an e-mail list. It's a message board. If you want your address to be visible, you have to indicate that (edit your preferences).
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

On 2003-01-13 17:22, Bloomfield wrote:
Ha, you slackers. While you are debating & hoping, I wired this guy $90 and guess what I am tooting on right now? Great, I've always wanted a Sindt C, and this one is barely used, not even tarnished.

It's the early Bloo...
OK, so I was kidding. :smile:
/Bloomfield
WhistlingGypsy

Post by WhistlingGypsy »

On 2003-01-14 11:28, JessieK wrote:
Well, yes, but this is not an e-mail list. It's a message board. If you want your address to be visible, you have to indicate that (edit your preferences).
Give the guy a break Jessie. He already appologized and admitted that he didn't realize he had to post it. I'm sure he'll straighten it out.
Cheers Image
Gerry
Think before you Think before you Post!
markv

Post by markv »

It's all straight now. I'm in contact with John and awaiting Cheryl's OK on the deal.

Thanks to everyone involved, even Jessie :smile:

(sorry couldn't resist Jessie)

Mark V.
Roger O'Keeffe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Roger O'Keeffe »

This thread is currently favourite for the award of Cutie-Pie Thread of the Year 2003.

It has everything: shared information, generosity, a willingness to work together, even a touching reconciliation scene at the end.
An Pluiméir Ceolmhar
markv

Post by markv »

On 2003-01-14 12:13, Roger O'Keeffe wrote:
This thread is currently favourite for the award of Cutie-Pie Thread of the Year 2003.

It has everything: shared information, generosity, a willingness to work together, even a touching reconciliation scene at the end.
Just don't let Cheryl know that I have no intention of letting this whistle out of my grubby little hands...my precious...preeciousssss

(There, now it's complete with a Lord of the Rings reference)

Just kidding Cheryl, really, honest!

Mark V.
one-tin-soldier

Post by one-tin-soldier »

Boy, I take the morning off to do errands and look what I missed! Great to hear from you John - I am glad that it was just a mix up and nothing was wrong!!

Mark, thinking on this sharing idea, as much fun as it would be, I am in Canada and you are in the US. Each time it comes over here it will cost me huge in customs fees etc. So I am graciously backing out of our arrangement, I want you to have the whistle. Now I know you are a gentleman so don't bother with the "are you sure's" etc., I am sure and I mean it (besides, you DID win at rock, paper, scissors - so fair is fair!)! This has been most fun, I have truly enjoyed sharing the moment.

Cheryl

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: one-tin-soldier on 2003-01-14 15:44 ]</font>
markv

Post by markv »

Cheryl,

Thank you very much, you are indeed too kind. Drop me a private message and I'll make it up to you. I'll even make sure that anything sent will be flagrantly labeled "no value" and "gift" all over the box.

Mark V.