The Coulin - Part Two

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Brian Lee
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Brian Lee »

As some of you know, The Coulin is a very special piece for me, and was the one I played at my grandfathers graveside this past summer.

Unfortunately, I will be playing it again. After my little girl and I came home today, and found our house had been broken into, and several sentimental things taken, I received a phone call from a close friend.

Her brother, whom I've known for over six years, and was quite close to passed away last night, due to a fatal allergic reaction. The tragedy is sharpened by the fact he was only in his early twenties.

I will be trying to get time off work to attend the funeral, where I hope to play The Coulin for Chad at his graveside as well.

Perhaps some of you might care to join in this tune in your own way, and time. I know he would smile. May Heaven accept him with open arms...

Brian
TonyHiggins
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by TonyHiggins »

Brian, I just read this after posting the to the other thread. I'm there with you in spirit at your friend's farewell. I hope your playing brings some measure of peace to all who hear it. I'll play The Coombe in his memory. It's the one I played at my dad's graveside service. Peace to all who knew this young man.
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Oh Brian, I am sadden and so sorry hear of your news. I'm here and will join you in playing, but I don't know the Coolin. But I played several airs at my mom's graveside a few years ago in the rain. I will play those and join you and the others in the spirit of rememberance and healing.

God Bless

Mark
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

My thoughts are with you, Brian. I'm sorry for your losses and hope that happy memories of your friend will sustain you.
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe
Mack.Hoover
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Mack.Hoover »

Dear Brian,

You know that I am praying!

I'll do some playing, too.

With much sadness and affection.

Mack
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

Brian - There is so much tragedy it seems now. My thoughts and prayers are with you and I will play in remembrance of your friend. Regards, Phil Osattin
Brian Lee

Post by Brian Lee »

As you may know, I look on many of you as a second family. I can't begin to express my gratitude for your thoughts and prayers.

Life is a bitter companion at times, but it is made bearable by those close to us. I have no doubt Chad would be honored, and is probably smiling down on all of us from a place without pain, without fear, and filled with love.

I believe I will see him again one day, but until that day comes, I will mourn the loss of a dear friend.

Thank you all,

Brian
LKtz

Post by LKtz »

I am so sorry. I know how you feel, my grandma passed away just this summer. :sad:

Caryn
ndjr

Post by ndjr »

I John 3, Chapter 3

Behold what manner of Love
The Father hath bestowed upon us
That we should be called the sons of God.
Therefore, the world knoweth us not
Because it knew Him not.

Beloved, now are we the sons of God,
And it doth not yet appear what we shall be,
But we know that when He shall appear
We shall be like Him
For we shall see him as He is.

And every man that hath this hope in him
Purifieth himself, even as He is pure.

===========================================

These lines have comforted me countless times, as I hope they do you now.

Neil Dickey

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ndjr on 2001-10-13 16:12 ]</font>
Grannymouse

Post by Grannymouse »

Bri ~ please know my thoughts and prayers are with you. I will be playing something also. Gm
Go placidly amid the noise and haste...
Desiderata
Whistlepeg

Post by Whistlepeg »

Brian,
My thoughts & prayers are with you.
Sue
Brian Lee

Post by Brian Lee »

Thanks once more to all. Tomorrow is the service, which I hope to play. We will miss him, but also want to thank him for the many ways he touched all of us.

I wonder, will I have brought happiness to some when it's my time? Hopefully so.

God Bless,

B~
marceemae

Post by marceemae »

Brian

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. It's so tragic to lose someone so young. I'll remember you and your friend in my prayers.

Marcee
Brian Lee

Post by Brian Lee »

Well, the funeral is over now, and to be honest, I feel SO much better. It's not so much the sense of closing, but more of being able to say goodbye. I didn't have a chance to ask the family if they would mind if I played until the last minute, and they were all very eager to have a tune.

Afterwards, they greeted me with tears in there eyes, and a heartfelt thanks. Chad was one of the ones who encouraged me when I first started playing. I could almost feel him smiling down on all of us today.

I know he's at peace, and I'm a little closer now myself. God rest him.

B~