THEULTIMATE! CHRISTMAS ELFSONG DELIVERY WITH SURPRISES!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
andreaz54
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by andreaz54 »

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all my fellow C&F friends!!

Have waited a few days to post until the holiday hoopla was quieted down some. I received my newest Elfsong Whistles in the mail a few days after Christmas!! They were a gift from my wonderful hubby! I was really happy they didn't show up till later because I was then able to give them my full attention!

What riches! I received a G/F Combo and also a C whistle. The G is painted like a candy cane...this was a special request and Sandy did a bang up job! The F Whistle is in Starry Night and the C is in the regular Cotton Candy...so as to match my D in the Gold Cotton Candy! These are amazing whistles and it is fun for me to experience the different keys. As we all know by now...due to all the ecstatic posting many of us have been doing...the craftmanship and performance of these whistles in just so wonderful! I am really falling in love with the little F whistle. It is amazing...so crisp and sweet. Many of the tunes I have been playing that are mainly in the 2nd Octave sound just wonderful on it! And the C is lovely...I am quickly becoming enamored of the sweet lower tone...and yet it hits the 2nd octave with such ease!! I am just at a loss for words....WONDERFUL!! As Redwolf has said in a recent post...the more you play them the more you love them!

PLUS.........Sandy sent me a copy of the Elfsong CD she, her husband and their band made! Now...if you don't have this CD...GET IT!! It is great!! I have been listening to it nonstop. Sandy has a wonderful voice and her playing on whistle, Sax and various other instruments is just awesome. Her husband Steve also has a great voice and plays a great bass guitar. In the world of Cds I personally feel this is a MUST HAVE!

AND...Sandy also included a copy of her instructional CD..the one she uses for her classes!!!!!!!!! There are 27 tunes...played slow and then fast and then some go on to advanced with all the flourishes! She also sent me all the sheet music for above tunes! I am in heaven. Have learned four new tunes so far....my first real traditional Irish tunes so it is a red letter thing for me. Have learned "Roddy McCorley", "Boolavogue" (amazingly haunting little tune!) "Scotiana the Brave" and "Loch Lomond".

This was just so kind on Sandy's part...as if the wonderful whistles weren't enough of a delight!!

Just wanted to share my joy with all of you! Oh yeah....GET THE CD!!!!!!!!!!!

Serpent...I really did tell everyone..HOW I REALLY FEEL didn't I???? There is alot of that going on with the Elfsongs right now!!!! And the best part is that my husband felt so bad that my whistles didn't come in time for Christmas morning that he gave me $100 for a surprise! Yes! Sandy is right now making me some more whistles! YAAA-HOOOO
tomcat
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Used to live in Gilbert, AZ which is a suburb of Phoenix. Recently moved to Portland OR. Argh. Not sure if this is meeting the requirement of number of characters, but I'm trying.

Post by tomcat »

thanks for the review! it makes my mouth water even more as i have the a/Bb combo on order. the extra gifts sandy included go beyond the call of duty. what a super touch.

i really do appreciate your hubby including the extra $100 as well . . . enough with the male bashing! at least one of us did something right. hey, its a start . . . one small step for hubbydom, one huge leap for mankind.
serpent

Post by serpent »

Yay, Andreaz!! :smile: Cool beans, Sandy! I love a success story, and yours is exceptionally well-deserved!
Cheers, Happy New Year, all!
~*~ :wink: Serpie-Pie
Add yourself to the Serpent Newsletter!
Send email to serpent@serpentmusic.com subject "add"
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

Oooo! What a great Christmas treat! You're going to have to post a picture of the candy cane striped one!

Redowlf
Aodhan

Post by Aodhan »

I'm jealous! I have the C/D combo, and I just ordered the F/G combo. I can't wait!!

Aodhan
Cees
Tell us something.: I became interested in the beauty and versatility of Irish whistles and music over 20 years ago when I first found the Chiff boards. Yes, I do have WHOA, and I love my whistles. :)

Post by Cees »

Do they sound as great as they look?

(eyeing my daughter's piggy bank full of loose change...) Just kidding, I wouldn't take any of her money. :lol: But I'd really love to get an Elfsong someday...

:smile:
Redwolf

Post by Redwolf »

On 2003-01-02 13:12, Cees wrote:
Do they sound as great as they look?

(eyeing my daughter's piggy bank full of loose change...) Just kidding, I wouldn't take any of her money. :lol: But I'd really love to get an Elfsong someday...

:smile:
As far as mine go, they sound even better than they look, and that's saying a lot, given how pretty they are.

(I keep waffling between saying "they" and "it"...I have a C/D combo, so "it" really is two whistles ("it" even has two names!), but they're similar enough in character that I tend to think of "them" as "it.")

Redwolf
Cees
Tell us something.: I became interested in the beauty and versatility of Irish whistles and music over 20 years ago when I first found the Chiff boards. Yes, I do have WHOA, and I love my whistles. :)

Post by Cees »

Are there any Elfsong sound clips anywhere, besides the ones on Sandy's site?
Redwolf

Post by Redwolf »

Not that I know of. I keep meaning to post one, but haven't had time to figure out the technicalities yet. I'm not that great a player, but you'd get the sound of the whistle anyway. Maybe this weekend I can get my husband to sit down and work through it with me.

One possibility...Sandy, do you know if Will Millar is playing an Elfsong on his latest CD? I know he's holding one in the photo.

Redwolf
Sandy Jasper

Post by Sandy Jasper »

Redwolf

Nope, Will is only holding an Elfsong as he was showing it off to Paul Horn when the picture was taken. His one true love is his Copeland D. He has had it for as long as I have known him and almost always has it tucked safely in his back pocket!

I have had the pleasure of playing a tune or two on his Copeland and it is a nice whistle indeed!

Sandy