SOLD: Dixon Aluminum Low D

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
medit8b1
antispam: No

SOLD: Dixon Aluminum Low D

Post by medit8b1 »

I have two low D's up for sale. The first is an excellent tunable low D with an aluminum body and abs head/fipple made by Dixon. This whistle sounds incredibly sweet in the second octave with a very pure tone. The only reason I am selling this is that I already have an abs Dixon low D that sounds and plays almost identically, making this whistle redundant in my whistle bag. The whistle is in very good condition, with only one miniscule indentation in the finish (not in the aluminum) by the head joint. This whistle has some sort of finish on it that not only helps protect it but provides a great grip surface. I'm not 100% sure, but I think this version has been discontinued by Dixon, as the pictures of the aluminum low D's on Dixons current website show a different head joint design. Includes clear plastic case. SOLD

The second low D is a classic Kerry, yes the original generation on steriods. This is one of the old black plastic head models, the new ones have blue heads. This whistle is in surprisingly good condition, with only one small scrape on the side of the type you normally see hundreds of on a used aluminum whistle. The sound is nice and warm and a little on the quiet side, and the whistle has allot of backpressure so it takes very little air to play. This used to be my practice whistle until I got the afforementioned abs Dixon. SOLD

If these do not sell by the end of the week I will be posting them on ebay, but I thought I'd give you chiffers first dibs.[/b]
Last edited by medit8b1 on Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
medit8b1

Post by medit8b1 »

Due to an overwhelming lack of interest, I have posted the above whistles on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &rd=1&rd=1

Thanks!
rh
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by rh »

yes, but are any of your whistles Made By The Chieftains?
straycat82

Post by straycat82 »

Sheesh, is there anything those guys can't do? :twisted:
medit8b1

Post by medit8b1 »

rh wrote:yes, but are any of your whistles Made By The Chieftains?
Well... no, but I think Davy Spillane might have made, I mean, tweaked one of them, or..or..touched one... or maybe looked at a picture of one... :D
synecdoche
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by synecdoche »

Dang...wish I'd caught this before you put them up on ebay. Ah well, we'll see what we can do... :)
"It's the Great God Bird through it all!"
-Sufjan Stevens
medit8b1

Post by medit8b1 »

Just an FYI that the ebay auctions for these two whistles are closing tomorrow! I can't believe that the Kerry will sell and the Dixon won't! :boggle:
medit8b1

Post by medit8b1 »

Well, the Kerry sold and the Dixon didn't, go figure. The Dixon is a way better instrument, and tunable to boot! I have relisted the Dixon on ebay and opened the auction up to international bidders.

littlejohngael
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been with Chiff and Fipple since shortly after I bought my first low D. I've learned loads from this community, and I intend to continue to learn and contribute. Many thanks to Dale and everyone who makes this site happen.

Post by littlejohngael »

That looks like the picture for the Kerry. :-?

Regardless, I own a Dixon Aluminum Low D. Splendid instrument and a wonderful whistle to own. Snatch it up. That's my advice ...

LJ