Joanie Madden CD´s

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
gallant_murray
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by gallant_murray »

Brian Lee wrote:Have you never heard of Mery Bergin? If you want true whistle virtuosity - she's your girl bar NONE. Period. End of discussion. Joannie is great, but Mary is cut from an older cloth...more traditional and less new age. Both artists have their place, and are two of the nicest people you'll ever have the pleasure to meet (assuming you have that pleasure!)

:thumbsup:
I have to agree with you, Brian. Mary Bergin is the stuff.
Ramzy Berbawy

I think there's just one kind of folks. Folks.
-Scout Finch
falkbeer

Post by falkbeer »

Brian Lee wrote:Have you never heard of Mery Bergin? If you want true whistle virtuosity - she's your girl bar NONE. Period. End of discussion. Joannie is great, but Mary is cut from an older cloth...more traditional and less new age. Both artists have their place, and are two of the nicest people you'll ever have the pleasure to meet (assuming you have that pleasure!)

yes, I have! I´ve got two of her albums. She´s an exceptional musician!
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

falkbeer wrote:

It's impossible not to admire and respect and be dazzled by Mary's playing, but I have to say that I don't pull the CDs out very often. I think there's something missing on an emotional level. Much of Joanie's work definitely veers out toward the new age, but I think there's some great feeling and fun in those records.
anniemcu
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Tim2723 wrote:Just get all of them!
Yup. That's a good plan. You won't be disappointed, I'll wager.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
anniemcu
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Dale wrote:
falkbeer wrote:

It's impossible not to admire and respect and be dazzled by Mary's playing, but I have to say that I don't pull the CDs out very often. I think there's something missing on an emotional level. Much of Joanie's work definitely veers out toward the new age, but I think there's some great feeling and fun in those records.
True. They are very different in style, approach and focus. I love listening to both. Joanie is a gem. Indeed one of the nicest people I've ever met. I haven't had thepleasure of meeting Mary, but have heard the same about her. I don't subscribe to the notion that to like one's playing you have to dislike the other, as some folks seem to do.

I've had Mary Bergin whistling in my ears for the last 4 hours at least - the interesting thing is that I have yet to notice where the tunes repeat. :lol: It's the first set of tunes on side two of Feadoga Stain. I've been distracted and busy the whole time, but it has yet to reach the point of "OK, even I can't listen to this one more time." :lol: I love that.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
squirrel

Post by squirrel »

I vote for "Whistle in the wind" and "Song of the Irish Whistle 1"

... but in "Song of the Irish whistle 2" there's a wonderful version of "The Cat's Meow".

... Has someone already suggested to get them all three? :)
Sorry for my bad english...
falkbeer

Post by falkbeer »

squirrel wrote: Ok, I know... My english is not so good...:)
But it´s very good - for being a squirrel!

I´ve decided to order "Songs of the irish whistle 1."
squirrel

Post by squirrel »

[quote"falkbeer"]But it´s very good - for being a squirrel![/quote]

:lol:
squirrel

Post by squirrel »

Uff... I try again...

falkbeer wrote:But it´s very good - for being a squirrel!
falkbeer

Post by falkbeer »

squirrel wrote:Uff... I try again...

falkbeer wrote:But it´s very good - for being a squirrel!
By the way I love squirrels. When I was a teenager I had a squirrel called Spiff for a pet. He use to sit on my head eating nuts. He was as tame as a dog and very intelligent. When I came home from school he would stand on his little hind legs and dance of joy when he saw me! Very much like dog wagging its tail.