Confession time: who whistles in the car?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
blackhawk
antispam: No

Post by blackhawk »

On 2002-10-22 00:32, MurphyStout wrote:
I'm a bad person. I whistle in the car all the time. While moving, stop lights, in traffic,....all the time. And I've even been know to play my flute in the car while driving as well. Needless to say, I get lots of smiles, and other gestures. :smile: I haven't got in an accident yet so that's something I can hang on to. But I'm a very bad person.
I've always thought that about you. :lol:
JohnPalmer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by JohnPalmer »

This all gave me an idea. I think I'll get out my portable keyboard and put it up on the dash of my van and play as I go down the road. Or maybe a trombone, especially if I pull up alongside someone who has their little dog on their lap as they drive. Actually, it bugs me to see anyone driving who isn't paying absolute attention. It's too risky.
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

Only in parking lots while waiting for my daughter to get done with one activity or another (and then only when it's too cold to be comfortable sitting outside or on the back tailgate instead).

Redwolf
nickt

Post by nickt »

Completely baffled. A few weeks ago there was a thread started by me old mate Martin Milner about mobiles (cellphones) being used in cars and mostly everyone piled in and said "dangerous, should be banned, I'd never do it" etc etc, but it seems that playing the whistle is okay! (Okay, playing at red lights or when parked is not the same).
moishe

Post by moishe »

Whistling in the car is a lot of fun, but if you really want to enjoy it do what I did: get a tabor flute so you can play with one hand and keep the other on the wheel!
jfritz

Post by jfritz »

Actually, I've concluded that after an indepth and throughly non-scientific study that whistling at red-lights actually causes the light to TURN GREEN!!

I hard part is talking on the celling phone will whistling as I drive.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

On 2002-10-22 01:13, JohnPalmer wrote:
This all gave me an idea. I think I'll get out my portable keyboard and put it up on the dash of my van and play as I go down the road.
Wasn't something like that done on a real piano in the film 'Five Easy Pieces'? He wasn't driving though.
sweetone

Post by sweetone »

I don't, but I must confess I whistle on the toilet.
Listen, play and have fun!
brownja

Post by brownja »

If I'm not supposed to whistle while we drive, why is the bottom of the steering wheel so close to my knee?????
Rhudi

Post by Rhudi »

I whistle in my car anytime I'm sure no one else can see me. I have an older car with no airbag, so if I'm in a bad wreck, at least the dashboard will drive my whistle through my head and end it quick. (ewwww)

I've got a question of my own; those of us that do kneedrive... how many have automatic vs straight drive transmissions?

The worst thing for me is finding any place with good acoustics (stairwells, empty hallways, etc). How can you not stop and rattle through a few tunes in a good place?
I used to worry that I was a figment of my imagination. Now... I worry that I don't have a more vivid imaginiation.
whatzitt

Post by whatzitt »

To Sweetone:
Too much information.Image
curioso

Post by curioso »

Of course I whistle in the car...when else would I have time to practice...
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

So! I'm not alone....
I am a bad person too.
I play my Dixon lowD while driving, steer with my left knee, stick shift, and I don't whistle at red lights for the same reason that Whitmores75087 doesn't...
I confess.
eskin

Post by eskin »

Count me in... I'm always practicing at stop lights, in traffic jams... Keep a Burke WBB in the car...
Tyghress

Post by Tyghress »

On 2002-10-22 13:20, Rhudi wrote:
The worst thing for me is finding any place with good acoustics (stairwells, empty hallways, etc). How can you not stop and rattle through a few tunes in a good place?
"Worst"? I LOVE finding those places. One of them is the entryway at work. Glass enclosed, about 10x15 feet. . .makes me sound almost good. Another is the pool at the gym.
Remember, you didn't get the tiger so it would do what you wanted. You got the tiger to see what it wanted to do. -- Colin McEnroe