No Westcoast Whistle Gathering?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
The Weekenders
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by The Weekenders »

Bring the harp. I would like to see and hear it.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
stiofan
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been a C&Fer since 2003. Currently playing wooden flute & (mainly low) whistles, along with the bowed dulcimer.

Post by stiofan »

sounds good - oct 7 marked on my calendar. looking forward to it, and will probably come by with Leslie Q. thanks to Tony for opening up his doors once again for another whistle gathering. see you all in a few weeks.

stephen
feadogin

Post by feadogin »

I'll mention it to Jack as well & maybe he can come along.

J.
quintero

Post by quintero »

Wow, an executive decision! That's the only way to get a date.

Sounds great. See you all then!

Leslie
MikeyLikesIt

Post by MikeyLikesIt »

I'll do my best to make it.
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

Just in case someone misses this thread and would like to attend, I'm bumping it up as the time draws closer.
Tony :party:
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

TonyHiggins wrote:Just in case someone misses this thread and would like to attend, I'm bumping it up as the time draws closer.
Tony :party:
You may - heresy, I know! :lol: - want to crosspost to some of the other groups, too.
Kar

Post by Kar »

Hey all - I rarely post but check in once in a while to see if a gathering is happening. Halleloo, I have been rewarded!

I'm 85% sure I can make Oct 7, but I will be attending a ball later that evening (remember when I came in vampire costume? same organizers) so I'll be dressed as a Victorian tart. As long as nobody minds that, I'll you all there!

Kar
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Oh, c'mon, Kar, we know you dress up wacky every day...It's okay, we'll keep yer "secret"
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Kar

Post by Kar »

Well, I would if I could get away with it!

Maybe someone else wants to don Victorian era clothes and keep me company? The Dickens Faire is right around the corner you know...
JohnPalmer

Post by JohnPalmer »

I'll bring a chair for you.

Now what was it that no one was going to say to me? I can't remember. Oh well. This should be fun. I am bringing my fiddle. Limuhead?....

JP
LimuHead
Tell us something.: I'm not new here. I have been registered here for many years. I am not a spammer, though being from Hawaii, I do enjoy eating spam. Now the site is requiring at least 100 characters in this box. It would have been nice to know that bit of information before I hit submit the first time!

Post by LimuHead »

JohnPalmer wrote:I'll bring a chair for you.

Now what was it that no one was going to say to me? I can't remember. Oh well. This should be fun. I am bringing my fiddle. Limuhead?....

JP
Yup. Fiddle, whistles, concertina & uke!

Hey Kar, are you bringing your fiddle too?

Aldon
My CD! Click here to listen!
Whistle, uke, guitar, English concertina & more!: http://www.nowhereradio.com/onemanband
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

Ok, my event director/wife had directed me to start menu planning. Here's the suggestion: we're barbequeing teriyaki chicken, polish dogs/hot links. We're making corn bread. And something else, but I forget. What we need is salads, deserts, beer (never been a problem, heh heh). If you have something else you want barbequed, bring it. I'll have a big Weber and a medium one to cook on. I'll update after I ask my wife what I forgot and she rolls her eyes. You got any great ideas, post 'em or bring 'em to the gathering.

I've kept extremely loose track of how many heads, so I'm not going to get too detailed. We'll have paper plates, cups, plastic 'silverware.' We've had warm days mixed with cool ones. Bring a sweater.
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

I'M GONNA MISS IT AGAIN!!!!!!!! :sniffle: :sniffle: :sniffle:

Maybe our yard will be in good enough shape later next year to host one here: after the heat and before the snow. You all could bring your tents and camp down by the trout pond our in the back by the waterfall (if I get it done by then).
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

Wouldn't it be less work to just drive down here for the thing than build a trout pond and waterfall?? We'll miss you guys.

Now, about the menu...
Tony