Andrea Corr on which brand of whistle she plays ...

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
garycrosby

Post by garycrosby »

1. Go to http://www.thecorrswebsite.com/index2.htm
2. Under the "Articles" category click "New Answers (16 Sept)"
3. Listen or watch the first question from a fan named Meredith, "This may seem like a goofy question but I'm curious as to what kind of tin whistle you use."

Hmm ...
Kar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Kar »

I don't have audio on my computer--can't someone tell me what her answer was?
garycrosby

Post by garycrosby »

On 2002-09-17 17:24, Kar wrote:
I don't have audio on my computer--can't someone tell me what her answer was?
Dude, I don't want to spoil it for everybody else. All I can say is that I thought Andrea would be a little more articulate :sad:
Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

Post by Walden »

The cheapest regular Irish pennywhistle that you get at a shop.
Reasonable person
Walden
garycrosby

Post by garycrosby »

I suppose that once the whistle's sound has been enhanced electronically and half the audience is gawking at Andrea it doesn't much matter what kind of whistle she uses or how well she plays it :wink:
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

You're just so cruel, GC. And probably 100% correct.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

SHE PLAYS A WHISTLE !!! Golllllllyyyy Isn't that something.

Gee I'm glad that read this post!!!

Thanks for the posting.

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
DRC

Post by DRC »

The last time I saw her play, it was on the VH1 airing in March of "The Corrs Live in Dublin" and she was playing a Generation nickel D. There were many close-ups and it was very obvious. The concert was in January, so who knows what she's playing now. Whatever it is, I'd imagine she gets the cream of the crop and can pick and choose at will.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DRC on 2002-09-18 02:31 ]</font>
Whitmores75087

Post by Whitmores75087 »

Hey, as a fellow Dundalker I thought she gave a good answer. Her accent is an original too, like you'd HEAR in a shop.
garycrosby

Post by garycrosby »

On 2002-09-17 18:09, Whitmores75087 wrote:
Hey, as a fellow Dundalker I thought she gave a good answer. Her accent is an original too, like you'd HEAR in a shop.
With respect to Ms. Corr, I thought her answer was terrible. It reminded me of a line from Star Wars Episode I spoken by Qui-Gon Jinn to Jar Jar Binks, "The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." I'm sure Ms. Corr is quite intelligent but her vague answer to a specific question left me wondering why she bothered to answer it at all.

[Edited to correct a typo]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: garycrosby on 2002-09-17 18:30 ]</font>
rossmpfc13

Post by rossmpfc13 »

On 2002-09-17 18:23, garycrosby wrote:
On 2002-09-17 18:09, Whitmores75087 wrote:
With respect to Ms. Corr, I thought her answer was terrible. It reminded me of a line from Star Wars Episode I spoken by Qui-Gon Jinn to Jar Jar Binks, "The ability to speak does not make you intelligent." I'm sure Ms. Corr is quite intelligent but her vague answer to a specific question left me wondering why she bothered to answer it at all.

[Edited to correct a typo]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: garycrosby on 2002-09-17 18:30 ]</font>
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!
-Ross
Whitmores75087

Post by Whitmores75087 »

Hey Ross, I've never met you, and I've only read one "word" that you've written (LOLOLOL etc.), but aleady I think we may be on the same wavelength.
energy

Post by energy »

On 2002-09-17 18:23, garycrosby wrote:
I'm sure Ms. Corr is quite intelligent but her vague answer to a specific question left me wondering why she bothered to answer it at all.
The question wasn't really that specific, you know. All the person asked was what "kind" of whistle. Any C&F-er would automatically interpret this to mean what "brand" of whistle, but that's not the only possible interpretation.

In this case, Ms. Corr took the question to mean the expensive kind or the cheap kind, which is really rather practical when you think about it. That's the way all whistles are grouped these day, really. The expensive ones generally have certain characteristics as opposed to the cheap ones, and it's easy to generalize that way. For that matter, Dale himself has got them grouped that way on the website.

And besides that, given the information she provided, I automatically assumed Generation, which turned out to be true. The part about the cheapies holding a tuning better than the pricey whistles intrigues me. Is that really true? And the Gens sound clearer with the fiddle? Somehow, I doubt it. This is notable, however, because she doesn't play a cheapie for the sake of tradition. She really seems to think that they're better whistles.
"I don't want to be interesting. I want to be good." - Ludwig Mies van der Rohe
"I'm the goodest sheep rider there is. Except Jesus." - Koby Blunt, multiple time rodeo champion, age 6
Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

Post by Walden »

Reckon why Miss Corr never comes on C&F? Or does she, pseudonymously?
Reasonable person
Walden
DazedinLA

Post by DazedinLA »

I know... A. Corr is really ... TubeDude!!!!

Ah, another mystery solved.