No Westcoast Whistle Gathering?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
feadogin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by feadogin »

October's good for me. (Except the weekend of the SoCal tionol, the 15th I believe.)

J.
stiofan
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been a C&Fer since 2003. Currently playing wooden flute & (mainly low) whistles, along with the bowed dulcimer.

Post by stiofan »

greetings all. it's been awhile since I've posted on cf, but thought I'd chime in about the elusive left coast gathering. september is a busy month for me, but most weekends in october look good so far. would be good to see some of you all again and share some music together, as long as Tony will have us at his new house. we'll see how the plans come together and maybe I'll see you all in the next month or so.

cheers
stiofan
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

Gimme a freakin' calendar. There. Oct 7. Before anyone says anything. It's on.

Whoah, wait a minute. I have to trim the dog's nails that day. Never mind, that's Oct 8, so we're okay.

If anyone else is getting married, do it now. If you're starting college, wait till spring. Armageddon? It'll keep.

Oct 7

No further questions. We'll discuss menu later. That wasn't so hard.
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
Redwolf
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

TonyHiggins wrote:Gimme a freakin' calendar. There. Oct 7. Before anyone says anything. It's on.

Whoah, wait a minute. I have to trim the dog's nails that day. Never mind, that's Oct 8, so we're okay.

If anyone else is getting married, do it now. If you're starting college, wait till spring. Armageddon? It'll keep.

Oct 7

No further questions. We'll discuss menu later. That wasn't so hard.
Tony
Excellent! Count me in.

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

I think this is the third one of these I've been through. Each year the suspense is nearly unbearable as dates are proposed and nixed. I always know it'll work out, but I just wonder how. And then there is a wedding and Irish immersion this year on top of it all! Hey, have fun you guys :lol: ! October 7th it is, yay!!!!!!
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
C age ing

Post by C age ing »

Redwolf wrote:
feadogin wrote:Umm...that's my wedding day. But you all can go have fun without me. *sniff*

J.
We could all gather at the wedding and regale the happy couple with "Haste to the Wedding" and other such happy fare. :twisted:

Redwolf
"My Husband's Got No Courage In Him" might be a better choice. :party:
Played banjo as it only had five strings, so how the hell am I going to cope with six holes?
feadogin

Post by feadogin »

C age ing wrote:
Redwolf wrote: We could all gather at the wedding and regale the happy couple with "Haste to the Wedding" and other such happy fare. :twisted:

Redwolf
"My Husband's Got No Courage In Him" might be a better choice. :party:
Oh, you know him, do you? :twisted:

I'll be there on the 7th.

J.
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

Oct 7?

Barring last-minute business trips (I'm going *where*???) I'll be there, along with Alina (AKA Daughter #2).
Redwolf

Post by Redwolf »

DCrom wrote:Oct 7?

Barring last-minute business trips (I'm going *where*???) I'll be there, along with Alina (AKA Daughter #2).
That will make Johanna very happy. When I mentioned the gathering this evening, she immediately asked "Is Alina coming?" :lol:

Redwolf
JohnPalmer

Post by JohnPalmer »

As long as I can get my chair.

At whose house will this be?

JP
LimuHead
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm not new here. I have been registered here for many years. I am not a spammer, though being from Hawaii, I do enjoy eating spam. Now the site is requiring at least 100 characters in this box. It would have been nice to know that bit of information before I hit submit the first time!

Post by LimuHead »

I should be able to make it!

I'll block the date in my calendar!

Cool!
My CD! Click here to listen!
Whistle, uke, guitar, English concertina & more!: http://www.nowhereradio.com/onemanband
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

JohnPalmer wrote:As long as I can get my chair.

JP
You and yer @#$ chair....crikey. You could have picked it up on any day in the last however many months.

Now, the pizza pan I left at Dana's, that's important! He will, of course, bring it.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

The Weekenders wrote:
JohnPalmer wrote:As long as I can get my chair.

JP
You and yer @#$ chair....crikey. You could have picked it up on any day in the last however many months.

Now, the pizza pan I left at Dana's, that's important! He will, of course, bring it.
Of course. Along with potables and noshes, my favorite whistles, and both flutes.

Though I'll probably skip the poteen this time - I've still got most of the bottle left from last March. It seems to be pretty much a one-time thing for most drinkers. :twisted:
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

Let's nobody say a word to John about his chair and see if he forgets it again. It'll be at my house, not far from my mom's. Email me for directions.

(I was thinking I could use a pizza pan. Maybe I could trade a nice chair for one...)
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
Redwolf

Post by Redwolf »

Shall I bring the harp this time? It's not much of a session instrument, and I don't play it all that well yet, but at the last gathering there were several people who wanted to see it.

Redwolf