The Quest for the MaGen

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
boomerang
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by boomerang »

As president of the newly formed
royal society for the prevention of cruelty to tinwhistles,
i would like to personally thank mitch for the kindness he showed to those poor howling generations :o , and for a ripping good yarn, its good to see the grog shop has served you well old mate :lol: :party:
Its wonderful that no whistles had to be put down. :boggle: and that bovine excrement is free and fun on your side of the ranges, :lol:
Well Done,
Regards
David
Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level then beat you with experience!!
Meadhbh
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Meadhbh »

Great post Mitch!!

While reading I had tears running down my face from laughing so hard. My sweetie came to my door to find out what was so funny....after pointing to the computer and uttering some nonsense...with "whistle" being the only word he understood.....he just shook his head and let me "be".

Kudos from me....and another "Nicely done"!
:thumbsup:
Jayblau
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Jayblau »

And there's me thinking it's my awful playing !

unfortunately it sounds the same as the rest of my whistling so i dont think i can fully blame it on myGen.
talasiga

Post by talasiga »

Mitch wrote: ..............
The Psychohazard has been wrapped in tinfoil awaiting his interment in concrete for all eternity.
I don't think this is a fun topic at all.
This is dangerous stuff Mitch!
Do you know nothing about relicism
and what future archaelogists may conclude
when they stumble upon Psycohazard's tomb?

Would you like Psychohazard to be pronounced
the pinnacle ritual instrument in the Blue Mts cult
of the Three Sisters?

Get a grip, man!
qui jure suo utitur neminem laedit
Mitch
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Mitch »

ICohen wrote:Too much coffee, eh? :wink:
It's a strange thing how coffee and hyperventilation makes the world go round. Fortunately, my remaining liver cell has enough room to dodge these kind of things <nod>
boomerang wrote: ... and that bovine excrement is free and fun on your side of the ranges ...
Indeed, my cup runneth over - Although I could have sworne that was coffee :boggle:
dDave wrote: ... Presided over by the LOGOGens, while the ETHOGens play dirges. ...
Perhapse I should book them for the interment ceremony! Who's their agent?
Roger O'Keeffe wrote: ... And then of course there's the Magen David. ...
Spooky! :o
Congratulations wrote: Mitch, you're a madman. Carry on.
True, and thank you :)
peeplj wrote: And I wish I could make any Generation sound half as good as your friend does. ...
It's scary - he just picked up a bunch of sheet music I got from a banjo player and ripped through every tune with a different whistle - no warm-ups or practice - even the tunes that went down to low G. This is what happens when you're born in Ireland and played whistle since you were 5?? Ye Gods!! :boggle:
Meadhbh wrote:...with "whistle" being the only word he understood.....he just shook his head and let me "be". ...

I've gotten used to this head-shaking thing - what does it mean, is it some kind of tic ? :-?
talasiga wrote:...and what future archaelogists may conclude
when they stumble upon Psycohazard's tomb?

Would you like Psychohazard to be pronounced
the pinnacle ritual instrument in the Blue Mts cult
of the Three Sisters? ...

Never fear dear friend - I had thought of this! The secret place of interment is festooned with the nests of dormant funnelwebs - they will guard it for all eternity. And they hate being dug-up in the middle of a nap. By the time anyone gets fool anough to approach, the three sisters will be 3 lumps in a supermarket car park! As well, the concrete plug will be inscribed with the powerful ward of Psychohazardancy - a thing no mortal can bare to behold without becoming realy wierd - I should know, I have one here with me :) . And - If the worse should happen and a freak eathquake should dislodge the plug, destroy the ward, kill the spiders and crack the concrete thus reveling Psycho - I have taken the precaution of including Jerry Freeman's address on a piece of velum within the folds of tinfoil. That should do the trick! Moo
Last edited by Mitch on Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
All the best!

mitch
http://www.ozwhistles.com
talasiga

Post by talasiga »

I think I would feel more comfortable
if you were to subject Psycho to a melting
heat cremation.
qui jure suo utitur neminem laedit
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Epilogue:

The Quest is done.

The MaGen has been prepared to be gifted to a lucky winner in dfernandez' fantastic charity raffle. Well done Dfer!!

Yesterday, during a special ceremony, Psychohazard was intered within the Psycophagus in a concrete tomb at a secret location. Here's a pic showing the capstone, sealed with the ward of Psychohazardancy:

Stick is still hiding from public in his bunker behind a wall of goons after an embarasing snap was leaked to the press by paparazzi.

For full details and pictures of the final ceremony go to www.ozwhistles.com and click the "Stories" button.

What a lot of fun this has been!
"Moo"
All the best!

mitch
http://www.ozwhistles.com
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Very funny, Mitch.

Best wishes,
Jerry
dfernandez77
Tell us something.: So, please write a little about why you are interested. We're just looking for something that will make it clear to us, when we read it, why you are registering and that you know what this forum is all about.

Post by dfernandez77 »

:thumbsup:

Very well done sir. I enjoyed the story very much.

The prize winners in the fundraiser for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer have been announced.

It's here where you can find where the Magen will find it's new home.
http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php?p=557522#557522

Cheers,
Daniel

It's my opinion - highly regarded (and sometimes not) by me. Peace y'all.