Planxty Dale Wisely

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Feadan
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Feadan »

Hello all
I noted a slight resurgence of interest in Planxty Dale Wisely after Dale's request last week for a sound file of somebody playing it. Again, I am pleased that people seem to like this tune. I had originally made it available on my webspace (in a variety of formats) when I first posted it on the old message board. Without telling me my ISP implemented security changes that essentially kept anyone from getting to these files. The short of it is that I had to instead create a webpage and make links to the files from that. For some reason this did not work right away and it took them a few days to straighten things out. But it is there now for your perusal at

http://www.mypage.onemain.com/davedlb/index.htm

Dale's post and the threads that followed inspired me to check out Clips & Snips. I not only found my tune posted with no authorship included (quickly and cheerfully remedied by Mick Woodruff. Thanks Mick! :smile: ) but also on the rigor mortised coolboard there was a musing of perhaps altering the title slightly ( :smile:

P.S. The GIF & JPG images are not really intended for viewing in your browser (they'll appear quite large) but for download and printing from your computer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Feadan on 2001-07-04 12:54 ]</font>
DaveAuty
Tell us something.: I play the whistle, I used to play flute but have Dupuytren's contracture so can only play whistle now which is fine. Mostly play sessions around Canterbury Kent area.

Post by DaveAuty »

Feadan,

Do you mean the (For Alice)? If you do I apologise I didn't quite mean "change the title" but just put an appendage on as someone suggested playing a tune for Dale's Mother in Law.
Anyway it's a great tune.

Dave.
TonyHiggins
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by TonyHiggins »

Thanks for reminding me to update the links on Clips and Snips to the new board. I totally forgot. ("Throw me a bone, people."-Dr. Evil)
Tony
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

I am so excited about one of the other tunes on that page! We all love Dale and we all love Planxty Dale, but there's a tune for me, too!! Yay!! Go listen to it!

:smile: Jessie
Brian Lee

Post by Brian Lee »

On 2001-07-04 14:14, JessieK wrote:
I am so excited about one of the other tunes on that page! We all love Dale and we all love Planxty Dale, but there's a tune for me, too!! Yay!! Go listen to it!

Right on Jessie!

Well, all I can say is thank the maker that there ISN'T a Planxty Brian Dobson! :smile: I don't think they make a whistle capable of the sort of notes that tune might require! If they did, it would have to be named the squeakershriekinghonkomungus! or some such thing! :smile:

Anyway, congrats again!

Bri~
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

On 2001-07-04 15:23, Brian Lee wrote:

squeakershriekinghonkomungus!

OK...Dave, how about writing that??

Feadan

Post by Feadan »

On 2001-07-04 15:39, JessieK wrote:

squeakershriekinghonkomungus!

OK...Dave, how about writing that??

Sorry guys, thats out of my league. Also I think that with a name like that it would have to be a tune for a double reed instrument :lol:

There were some problems regarding the NWC files working with the NoteWorthy Composer browser plugin for Netscape and Opera. The problem has been fixed. A cool feature of the NWC browser plugin is that you can get a great printout of the tune directly from your browser. I didn't realize that until I was mucking about trying to fix things. All the NWC links now go to embedded files that will require the plugin. I did this figuring it would make it easy for those wishing printed music right away.

Have fun! :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Feadan on 2001-07-04 19:37 ]</font>
BobP

Post by BobP »

What a lovely little tune. It sounds great on hammered dulcimer. If I had enough fingers, I could plat the melody on whistle and the accompaniment on hammered dulcimer. There's just a hint of O'Carolan in the tune and certainly, an appropriate title. Great work, David.
DrGiggles

Post by DrGiggles »

Call me dense, but I finally got a chance to look at this tune. It definitely a catchy tune.

I've been playing around with it a little bit on the Roland... It actually makes a very good base for a whistle quartet.

I've never met Master Wisley, but I shall now picture him as a pixie who roams the woods playing his whistle. :smile:

Congratulations on a very contageous tune...

Frank