Weasel pic

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
chas
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Weasel pic

Post by chas »

With the recent acquisition of an A whistle, my Weasel collection is as complete as it will ever be. Here they are:

Water Weasels left to right: E, Eb/D/C combo with head on the Eflat, Bflat, A, Low G, Low F
Thin Weasels left to right: A in tulipwood, Bflat in Honduran rosewood, C in macassar ebony, D in cocobolo, Eflat in mopane
Bottom: D flute in cocobolo

The pic doesn't do some of the wood justice, although the C and D really are very dark and not too figured now. The Bflat and E are real eye candy, and the flute is, too, in the right light.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
dfernandez77
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: So, please write a little about why you are interested. We're just looking for something that will make it clear to us, when we read it, why you are registering and that you know what this forum is all about.

Post by dfernandez77 »

Terrific! What lovely babies you have there.

What you don't have is a high G. I'll share some pics of mine later.
Daniel

It's my opinion - highly regarded (and sometimes not) by me. Peace y'all.
PhilO
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by PhilO »

Charlie, that is one beautiful and focused collection. I have the Eflat, D, C WW set and the Bflat/A set which is outstanding as many of us have often said, one of the best bang for the buck deals in whistledom. I also have my very first high-ender, a cocobolo D. I once had a Bflat in Honduran rosewood....Enjoy them all.

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
chas

Post by chas »

PhilO wrote:I once had a Bflat in Honduran rosewood....Enjoy them all.
Yes, thanks very much for that one, Phil. :wink: As you can see, it's well cared for. One of the finest whistles I own, although really only marginally better than the WW. (Actually, I don't know that it's possible for a Bflat whistle to be head-and-shoulders above the WW Bflat.)
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

Again you haunt me with that Flute. My collection only consists of a WW Eb.
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

That's one more water weasel than I have...

:cry:
chrysophylax

Post by chrysophylax »

I have a couple. The D's a great whistle. The C's a fantastic whistle. But the A I wouldn't part with. That one I'm very proud to own.

I long for the G and F.........................
What??
brewerpaul

Post by brewerpaul »

Any y'all got a high G? Sweet little thing not much thicker than a pencil.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
Doc Jones

Post by Doc Jones »

Charlie you have no idea how lucky you are to have gotten that tulipwood A away from me. I was soooo close to irreversible bonding and I only had it for a few days. :D

Cheers,

Doc
:) Doc's Book

Want to learn about medicinal herbs?
Doc's Website

Want to become a Clinical Herbalist? Doc's Herb School
dfernandez77
Tell us something.: So, please write a little about why you are interested. We're just looking for something that will make it clear to us, when we read it, why you are registering and that you know what this forum is all about.

Post by dfernandez77 »

brewerpaul wrote:Any y'all got a high G? Sweet little thing not much thicker than a pencil.
I have one in Blackwood. I was going to take a pic for this thread.

Last I heard - Bree still has one more hight G in Blackwood.
Daniel

It's my opinion - highly regarded (and sometimes not) by me. Peace y'all.
chas

Post by chas »

Doc Jones wrote:Charlie you have no idea how lucky you are to have gotten that tulipwood A away from me. I was soooo close to irreversible bonding and I only had it for a few days. :D
It is such a cool whistle. When I first picked it up I thought it was very different from the Bflat (it's partnered with the Bflat in the WW line). Then when I played them side-by-side, I was really taken aback by how differently they play. The A takes a lot more air. The sounds have more in common than not, but the Bflat has a little more growl, and the A a little more breath in the sound. It's a great player, wonderful for those tunes in D that go below the bellnote. It plays quite nicely in the third octave, too.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
talimirr743

Post by talimirr743 »

Congratulations wrote:That's one more water weasel than I have...

:cry:
Don't worry! Thats 12 more than I have!
Cheers!
~Andrew~

"As imperfect as we are, we each hold the world in our hands"