successful tweak for generation C...

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
monkey587
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

successful tweak for generation C...

Post by monkey587 »

Some of you may remember my thread a while back about removing the mouthpiece from a C Generation. I had one that was pretty much playable, but (upon further reflection) not particularly good sounding, and way out of tune.

Wwell, with much trepidation, I tried a new tweaking technique I have dubbed the "three good whacks on a hard surface" technique. The stubborn mouthpiece came right off, and I replaced it with my Hoover blacktop. Now it's a pretty decent whistle!

Sounds better on an Oak tube, though...
William Bajzek
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

That sounds close to the old technic of- Get a bigger hammer.
HeronMark
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by HeronMark »

ahh yes, the good old BFH, or Big Fat Hammer... its an old friend from the autoshop :lol: "What... the door wont close after you fixed it... get the BFH!!" :twisted:
Psalms 150:4 Praise Him with the timbrel and dance; Praise Him with stringed instruments and flutes! --Even Fipple Flutes
slowair

Post by slowair »

I had a hard time getting the fipple of of a Gen C as well. Hot water didn't work at all.
What I did was let it soak in mineral spirits for about 30 minutes. Came right off and no glue residue.
Mike
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

I had some trouble getting it off my Bb but I managed.
Chiffed

Post by Chiffed »

Generation C + gas welding torch = not good. Trust me.
Happily tooting when my dogs let me.
Tres

Re: successful tweak for generation C...

Post by Tres »

monkey587 wrote:Wwell, with much trepidation, I tried a new tweaking technique I have dubbed the "three good whacks on a hard surface" technique. The stubborn mouthpiece came right off, and I replaced it with my Hoover blacktop. Now it's a pretty decent whistle!Sounds better on an Oak tube, though...
I always say: If it doesn't fit, use a bigger hammer!

Tres
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

slowair wrote:I had a hard time getting the fipple of of a Gen C as well. Hot water didn't work at all.
What I did was let it soak in mineral spirits for about 30 minutes. Came right off and no glue residue.
Mike
How was the fit after that? Was it still very tight? Or was it loose enough to be able to easily adjust the tuning?

Best wishes,
Jerry