What my perfect whistle would be

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Congratulations
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Congratulations »

dfernandez77 wrote:attractive groupies
Oxymoron? :-?
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
Dave Parkhurst

Post by Dave Parkhurst »

Shape like a Copeland, tone like a Water weasel, appearance like an Abell. And sitting in a basket of $100 bills.....
heh heh heh
DAve
alespa
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Music has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. Part of what I love about celtic/folk style music is the sound of a handful of handmade instruments that remind me of simpler times.

Post by alespa »

I'd have to say my Greenwood D/C set is pretty darn close to perfection!
There's no such thing as a stranger, just friends we have not yet met.
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

A push-button whistle that, at the push of a button, goes from the growling aggressive tone of my Copeland Low G to the angelic heavenly tone of my O'Riordan Low G and back as desired...

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
alespa
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Music has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. Part of what I love about celtic/folk style music is the sound of a handful of handmade instruments that remind me of simpler times.

Post by alespa »

pushbutton, eh? makes me think of a harpsichord I saw a fellow playing yesterday . . . some beautiful bluegrass tunes with banjo and bass.
There's no such thing as a stranger, just friends we have not yet met.
HeronMark

Post by HeronMark »

well... if we are going agaisnt the laws of physics, and the laws of making musical instruments, I would say... a telescoping/expanding whistle that can play any key... with all of the above features, as well as being able to record directly to mp3, and make a nice bratwurst...mmm
Psalms 150:4 Praise Him with the timbrel and dance; Praise Him with stringed instruments and flutes! --Even Fipple Flutes
Screeeech!!!

Post by Screeeech!!! »

HeronMark wrote:and make a nice bratwurst...mmm
Now there's something i've not had for years. Now i'm back in UK i can't find a good bratwurst anywhere.

My favourite was alway Currywurst und Pommes mit Mayo, before drinking myself stupid with weissen bier mit cola.

So my perfect whistle as well as making a good Currywurst und Pommes mit Mayo, would also be a straw that would give me a never ending supply of weissen bier mit cola. I don't suppose i'd care too much how it would play if it could do that.

?
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

Screeeech!!! wrote:
HeronMark wrote:and make a nice bratwurst...mmm
Now there's something i've not had for years. Now i'm back in UK i can't find a good bratwurst anywhere.

My favourite was alway Currywurst und Pommes mit Mayo, before drinking myself stupid with weissen bier mit cola.
Does weissen bier mit cola mean what I think it means (weissen and cola aka Coke mixed)? Or does cola possibly mean lemonade or raspberry?

There's no such thing as the perfect whistle. If there were, it would have to morph among the different desirable characteristics -- loud, quiet, pure, growly, etc. (same as Phil said, basically)
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
scheky

Post by scheky »

The perfect whistle to me is whichever one I happen to be playing at the moment.
shadeclan

Post by shadeclan »

Don't you think that one of the charms of the tin whistle is that each one has a certain . . . personality? I think that as long as the whistle is playable and has a good tone, somebody will think that it is the perfect whistle - for them.
We've got a date with destiny . . . and it looks like she's ordered the lobster!
-Shoveler
Screeeech!!!

Post by Screeeech!!! »

chas wrote:Does weissen bier mit cola mean what I think it means (weissen and cola aka Coke mixed)? Or does cola possibly mean lemonade or raspberry?
Coke is a brand name, the drink is cola. As in Pepsi Cola, Coke Cola, Panda Cola, Tesco Cola...

Any decent non diet cola will do. About a quarter of the amount of weissen used. The strange yeast used in weissen (which is not filtered out) has that slight banana taste to it that the cola really picks up on. In Northern Germany i've been looked at rather strangly for ordering this in nearly every bar i've been in, but in Bavaria where i got the idea from it's quite normal.

I'm also convinced that the sugar in the cola creates a secondary fermentation with the yeast.

Anyway's, with the caffiene and all the sugar in the cola, this does create a very pleasureable "up" drunk feeling.

?
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

Screeeech!!! wrote:Any decent non diet cola will do. About a quarter of the amount of weissen used. The strange yeast used in weissen (which is not filtered out) has that slight banana taste to it that the cola really picks up on. In Northern Germany i've been looked at rather strangly for ordering this in nearly every bar i've been in, but in Bavaria where i got the idea from it's quite normal.
Well, my first reaction is EWWW. But, of course, I'll have to try it. The combination of the spicy/fruity taste of the weizen and the cola does sound interesting. I have been known to have a shandy or four during the hot weather; this isn't THAT different.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
Screeeech!!!

Post by Screeeech!!! »

chas wrote:Well, my first reaction is EWWW.
That's usually the reaction it gets from most people. :D

?
HeronMark

Post by HeronMark »

Screeeech!!! wrote:
In Northern Germany i've been looked at rather strangly for ordering this in nearly every bar i've been in, but in Bavaria where i got the idea from it's quite normal.

Bavaria!! well yes, but they do all kinds of silly things in Bavaria :lol: But, I have decided that they are the most fun...

My wife's family is from Bavaria

Ive never had a Currywurst... Im not much for curry though. it makes my head feel funny
Psalms 150:4 Praise Him with the timbrel and dance; Praise Him with stringed instruments and flutes! --Even Fipple Flutes
talasiga

Post by talasiga »

Wormdiet wrote:One that summoned attractive groupies upon command ;P
That would need to be one made of Himalyan Pine wood (cedrus deodorus). (I don't have such cos I know my limits.)
8)
qui jure suo utitur neminem laedit