No Laughing Matter

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
OBrien
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

No Laughing Matter

Post by OBrien »

I had my Laughing Whistle stolen from my van last Saturday, along with a few other things, including my O'Neill's. The van was parked at the Rodeo grounds in Cloverdale, BC, Canada, while I watched my son compete in a paintball tournament. I'm mentioning it here not for sympathy, although that would be nice, but just in case some one spots one for sale in the Vancouver area in the next little while. It's probably in a pawn shop somewhere already. Thanks.
Jennie
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Jennie »

NO FAIR!!! :x

You didn't ask for sympathy. But how about a little righteous anger?!

You probably won't see it again. Maybe it'll be someone's introduction to whistledom, though, someday. Hope it finds a new life in kind hands.

And I am sorry, anyhow, solicited or not.

Jennie
talimirr743

Post by talimirr743 »

Well that sucks! If I ever cought someone that stole my stuff, I'd run him through a brick wall!! :swear: Sorry to hear about your stuff getting jacked.
Cheers!
~Andrew~

"As imperfect as we are, we each hold the world in our hands"
slowair

Post by slowair »

talimirr743 wrote:Well that sucks! If I ever cought someone that stole my stuff, I'd run him through a brick wall!! :swear: Sorry to hear about your stuff getting jacked.
I'm glad you're not one of the victims that my ex-girlfriend's son stole from for drug money.
Sad how this kind of thing ruins people's lives. We had just gotten back together too. Called last Monday and the police had just left her house looking for him. Long story short, we won't be getting back together again.

I pity the poor basmati who felt that stealing a whistle would make their life better. Sad, very sad.

I do hope you find a replacement that is every bit as nice.

Mike Reagan
roguewhistler

Post by roguewhistler »

im not bhuddist, but bhudda said
"let us be thankful we are here.
If we are sick, let us be thankful
we arent dead.
let the whistlers live!!!
roguewhistler

Post by roguewhistler »

"You probably won't see it again. Maybe it'll be someone's introduction to whistledom, though, someday. Hope it finds a new life in kind hands."

Im still sorry about what happened. but whats lost is lost.
let the whistlers live!!!
OBrien

Post by OBrien »

The silly thing is that it wasn't stolen on purpose- it was just in the bag that was taken, along with my digital camera, CD player, some CDs, clothes, etc. A collapsed Laughing Whistle wouldn't mean much to some one who didn't already know what it was. It could be in the bush, with my other stuff that wasn't worth pawning. Somewhere, I think there is a sad and soggy pile of my old clothes, a well-worn copy of O'Neill's Music of Ireland and a sweet-sounding bit of brass.
regor

Post by regor »

You may want to post a note at: http://www.larrykrantz.com/stolen.htm. If you browse this site, you'll be amazed how many instruments are actually being recovered.
scheky

Post by scheky »

You may not be asking for sympathy, but you are getting it anyway.

I'm sorry to hear it. Sure, it's not like they took something you can't replace, but still...it was yours. Nice way to ruin a day I imagine.

Of course, you still need to answer one question...how did the paintball game turn out?
OBrien

Post by OBrien »

The Little Sniperz came fourth out of 18 rookie teams in their first tournament. We were pleased that they made it all the way to the finals.
swizzlestick

Post by swizzlestick »

Paintball tournament? I have heard of adult teams, but I did not even realize that kids were involved in this.

Sounds like dirty, fast fun and good exercise. Wonder if they have competitions in my area. (My daughter might be interested.)
All of us contain Music & Truth, but most of us can't get it out. -- Mark Twain
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

swizzlestick wrote:Paintball tournament? I have heard of adult teams, but I did not even realize that kids were involved in this.

Sounds like dirty, fast fun and good exercise. Wonder if they have competitions in my area. (My daughter might be interested.)
Be warned - it's an expensive hobby.

My nephew has been really involved in paintball for the last couple of years, and goes through a truly incredible amount of cash to finance his hobby. Decent equipment isn't cheap, then there's finding a place to play (in urban areas, range time isn't cheap either), then there's the consumables like the paintballs, C02, etc.

He seems to have a blast, but I could buy a good quality fully-keyed flute, or a whole set of custom whistles, for his yearly expenses.
talimirr743

Post by talimirr743 »

slowair wrote:Sad how this kind of thing ruins people's lives. We had just gotten back together too. Called last Monday and the police had just left her house looking for him. Long story short, we won't be getting back together again.
Sorry to hear that you and her broke up again. Your ex should get her son into rehab and therapy.
Cheers!
~Andrew~

"As imperfect as we are, we each hold the world in our hands"