Anyone have a soprano recorder they need to get rid of?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Bretton
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been playing whistle for a very long time, but never seem to get any better than I was about 10 years ago. I'm okay with that. :)

Anyone have a soprano recorder they need to get rid of?

Post by Bretton »

Hi. I need to get a soprano recorder for my daughter to start using in 4th grade music class.

I've heard this one is good:

Zen-On Stanesby, Jr. soprano woodgrain

or the Yamaha 300 series.

If you have one of these you'd like to sell, or another good plastic soprano, let me know.

Thanks!

-Brett
bretton@yahoo.com
Chiffed
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Chiffed »

Got several good ones. Pick 'em up any time.

I'll leave them at the bottom of the driveway.

:wink:
Happily tooting when my dogs let me.
mikey_r

Re: Anyone have a soprano recorder they need to get rid of?

Post by mikey_r »

Bretton wrote:Hi. I need to get a soprano recorder for my daughter to start using in 4th grade music class.

I've heard this one is good:

Zen-On Stanesby, Jr. soprano woodgrain

or the Yamaha 300 series.

If you have one of these you'd like to sell, or another good plastic soprano, let me know.

Thanks!

-Brett
bretton@yahoo.com
I think both of these are baroque fingered (I'm pretty sure the Yamaha 300 series is). In my town's schools, they teach the kids on really cheap German fingered recorders (they never really go into the high octave, and don't bother with sharps or flats, so avoiding cross-fingering the F drives their choice, I guess). If they do the same in your district, you might consider getting one of those cheap German fingered recorders that you can find for less than $5 - it's what all the other kids in the class will be playing. Otherwise your daughter might be confused because the fingering on her instrument won't match what they're teaching.

- Mike
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

YOu can get those choices here:

http://courtlymusic.com/Yamaha.html

These are both excellent recorder choices-- they'll play ANYTHING in the recorder literature.

If the school doesn't object, check out the colored translucent ones. For $5.00, they're amazingly good instruments and funky as heck.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
springrobin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play flute, whistle and harp and have been a member on this board for many years. I have tended to be a lurker recently and just posted a response for the first time in quite awhile.

Post by springrobin »

Are you sure the school isn't ordering in bulk? My kids are in a pay-to-play school system (so not well funded in the "specials" area) and their music teacher sent home a note with the cost so we could buy our kids their own recorders. I think they were $6.00 with a case and they even got to choose the color. It's not as if there aren't plenty of nice recorders lying around our house but the colored plastic ones won out and they don't sound bad at all.....