jethro tull sheet music

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
greg
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

jethro tull sheet music

Post by greg »

theres a few tull song i think would sound really good on whistle but i'm having trouble finding sheet musicthe song i would like most to try is bour'ee any suggestions?
lesl
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Hello, I'm Lesl, I teach and play Irish flute. Just updating my web address. Thank you for reading this!

Post by lesl »

The bouree you mention was composed by J.S. Bach and is in Bach collections. You can search for it online. I can't remember which collection its in - haven't played piano since I was 14! but I'm pretty sure it was published by Schirmer.

My husband had a Tull "songbook" at one point which also included Ian Anderson's jazzed up version of the Bach Bouree in question. Maybe you can find that online somewhere too.

Good luck and have fun esp. the "singing" part!
Wanderer
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

Ian Anderson Flute Solos on Amazon.com. Bouree is on page 10

I know about it, because it's on my wish list ;)
mignal

Post by mignal »

Is this the one? Bach bouree BWV996 from the lute suite, played to death by all aspiring classical guitarists. Should be easy to find the dots online but you will probably have to change the key sig. I also suspect that Anderson improvised on the 'theme' - must be 25 years ago that I last listened to Jethro Tull. :o
Denny

Post by Denny »

Ian misremembered the piece back when he started playing it on flute.
After the album came out he became aware of the errors.

from a local radio interview a few years back
greg

song book

Post by greg »

thanks i just sent off for the book sounds like i'll have to do a lot of scribbling in it to make into something im capable of playing but its a start
mikey_r

Bouree

Post by mikey_r »

greg wrote:theres a few tull song i think would sound really good on whistle but i'm having trouble finding sheet musicthe song i would like most to try is bour'ee any suggestions?
The original Bouree is in E-minor and (the head at least) works pretty well on a D whistle, except you need to half-hole the D-sharp. You can find the notes for the Bach version (slightly different) at:

http://www.gitarrenschule-biebertal.de/

(click download "noten", then select english, then select composer. The thing you want is the bouree in e minor from the suite for lute 996).

There are other versions also on the web.

Of course, for the solo, you're on your own :D
Leel
Tell us something.: Hi All - I am a Celtic music performer with a band called Beyond the Heather, located in the Lawrence, KS/Kansas City area. I sing, play whistles, SSP and bodharan. I've been a C&F member since 2003 but haven't posted much recently.

Post by Leel »

Believe it or not, I have tickets to go SEE Jethro Tull on Nov. 18 in Kansas City! :D

They are on tour right now.

It will be my 4th time, first being at the old Omni Pavilion in Atlanta around 1975! :boggle: :boggle: :boggle:

They are an AMAZING show band.

And the musicianship is.... Well, what can I say, it's TULL?

I'd love to find the music to "The Whisler" (DUH!) from the album "Songs from the Wood"
Last edited by Leel on Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wanderer
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

Leel wrote:Believe it or not, I have tickets to go SEE Jethro Tull on Nov. 18 in Kansas City! :D

They are on tour right now.

It will be my 4th time, first being at the old Omni Pavilion in Atlanta around 1975! :boggle: :boggle: :boggle:

They are an AMAZING show band.

And the musicianship is.... Well, what can I say, it's TULL?

I'd love to find the music to "The Whisler" (DUH!) from the album "Songs form the Wood"
The Whistler's on page 42 of that book I posted ;)
Leel
Tell us something.: Hi All - I am a Celtic music performer with a band called Beyond the Heather, located in the Lawrence, KS/Kansas City area. I sing, play whistles, SSP and bodharan. I've been a C&F member since 2003 but haven't posted much recently.

Post by Leel »

Thanks Wand - I' think I'll order it. Only $10.00: not bad.