What in the name of your mother is Avatar Gurning?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
ninjaaron
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

What in the name of your mother is Avatar Gurning?

Post by ninjaaron »

And how do I steal the championship belt.
Everyone likes music
Denny
antispam: No

Post by Denny »

ninjaaron

Post by ninjaaron »

that certianly answers question #2, but we still need to know what "gurning" (we know well what "Avatar" is, however.)

[edit]
Oh... that was link. Silly me.
Everyone likes music
ninjaaron

Post by ninjaaron »

10-4 Good buddy.

I'll gurn you all under the Table next year. I used to practice.

I didn't really know what I was practicing for at the time, but now it is clear that fate had a hand in it.
Everyone likes music
perrins57

Post by perrins57 »

I shall re-instate, for a limited period, my winning entry. Do a web search on gurning to learn more. As you missed this years competition I will let you post a late challenge, if you get enough support posts, you can steal the title off me - cant say fairer than that!
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

(Name's Mark btw)
ninjaaron

Post by ninjaaron »

Nah, I'll just wait for the next official competition. Practice makes perfect they say, And I'd hate to rock the boat anyway. I might put a practice run in there sometime soon, being that I have no avatar at all.
Everyone likes music
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Oh my goodness! I had been wondering why everyone was posting atrocious avatars! I cannot believe I missed the gurning thread in the Pub! Completely missed it!

I think people should use an avatar that most closely depicts what they are truly like. It should reflect either their true appearance or their personality. Or, at least something they do, like Annie's lovely whistle rolls . . .

Nonetheless, since I missed the gurning competition, I'll just have to update my avatar for a day or two . . . hmmm . . . wonder what I can use . . .
perrins57

Post by perrins57 »

Lambchop wrote:Oh my goodness! I had been wondering why everyone was posting atrocious avatars! I cannot believe I missed the gurning thread in the Pub! Completely missed it!

I think people should use an avatar that most closely depicts what they are truly like. It should reflect either their true appearance or their personality. Or, at least something they do, like Annie's lovely whistle rolls . . .

Nonetheless, since I missed the gurning competition, I'll just have to update my avatar for a day or two . . . hmmm . . . wonder what I can use . . .
How about your face?
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

(Name's Mark btw)
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

perrins57 wrote:
Lambchop wrote:Oh my goodness! I had been wondering why everyone was posting atrocious avatars! I cannot believe I missed the gurning thread in the Pub! Completely missed it!

How about your face?
That's what I've been using!

If you're going to be insulting about it, then I'll find something else . . . just don't complain when your championship belt gets taken away and given to me!
perrins57

Post by perrins57 »

wooot wooo! :wink:

(Name's Mark btw)
IDAwHOa
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

Best Gurner I ever saw: Bill the Cat
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

Lambchop wrote:
perrins57 wrote:

How about your face?

If you're going to be insulting about it, then I'll find something else . . . just don't complain when your championship belt gets taken away and given to me!
well lookie here, might that be the little wooly lamb? :)
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

amar wrote:
Lambchop wrote:
perrins57 wrote: How about your face?

Uh oh . . . edging away . . . not so sure I like that tone . . . sounds like a voice that has a big jar of mint sauce at the ready . . .
perrins57

Post by perrins57 »

Lambchop wrote:
amar wrote:
Lambchop wrote: That's what I've been using!

Uh oh . . . edging away . . . not so sure I like that tone . . . sounds like a voice that has a big jar of mint sauce at the ready . . .
My what big teeth Amar has. My what large claws Amar has!

(Name's Mark btw)
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

perrins57 wrote:
Lambchop wrote:
amar wrote: well lookie here, might that be the little wooly lamb? :)
My what big teeth Amar has. My what large claws Amar has!
You noticed that, too? I had reason for worry, then!

He seems to have disappeared, though, so I'm sure it's safe to play on the boards tonight . . . must be nearly midnight in Basel! He'll be snoozing in his den . . .