Where do you keep your whistles?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
brewerpaul
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

My "other" :P whistles are scattered about-- many in an old tin bucket which they share with some NA flutes, fifes, a PVC Quena, etc.
The whistles in progress in my shop are on a couple of wooden sewing thread racks mounted on the wall. These are really terrific for this purpose.
Last edited by brewerpaul on Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
RonKiley
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by RonKiley »

I have one rack with 12 pegs for the 12 Generations and second rack with 8 pegs for other whistles. I also have 2 in the car, 5 in the briefcase, 1 on my computer armoire shelf, and about 6 on top of the armoire. There are a few more in unknown places.

The 1 Olwell flute is also in the briefcase.

Ron
I've never met a whistle I didn't want.
dapple

Post by dapple »

Usually two or three whistles are on the desk and one is on the night stand next to the bed. At times one is in my truck and/or on the end table next to the sofa. Others are in a chest of drawers in the living room. Although generally organized, I’m new to whistling and haven’t yet determined a good way or place to keep them organized, convenient, and safe. Eventually I’ll come up with a system that works for me and opened this thread looking for suggestions.
~ David
JillyKB

Post by JillyKB »

I cleaned out a little plastic container that once held some wet-wipe thingies and now all my whistles are SUPPOSED to go in there. Typically they are wherever I end up leaving them when I take a break from playing (which could be nearly anywhere)
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

My Sweetone D lives in the car. My Burke D, Hoover D and Jerry-tweaked Gen D live in a quilted whistle-roll my wife made; my Busman Ds live in the little synthetic-fleece pouches they came in. All of those sit on a bookshelf. My Burke low D stands upright in a display cabinet (just inside the door where I can reach it easily). My Serpent Bb (still available for sale or trade, btw) stands next to the low D.
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
emmline

Post by emmline »

in a basket on a bookcase next to my desk. or on the desk.
Darwin

Post by Darwin »

My two Whitecap Ds are in my bedroom, either on top of the dresser, next to a pile of whistle books, or on my nightstand.

The Burke D and the Jerry-tweaked Gen, each in a pouch from the Whistle Shop, lie on top of the computer, so they're always warm and ready to play when I pick them up during the day.

The rest, most in pouches of various kinds, are piled up on a bookshelf, next to my computer desk, except for the Jubilee practice low D, which is just a little too long for the shelf and sits on the desktop.

If I plan to play one of the other metal whistles, it'll go on top of the computer, too. I'm afraid to try that with the wooden whistles.

I'd like to have a nice rack of some kind, but my office is too crowded.
Mike Wright

"When an idea is wanting, a word can always be found to take its place."
 --Goethe
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

[quote="Darwin"]If I plan to play one of the other metal whistles, it'll go on top of the computer, too. I'm afraid to try that with the wooden whistles.
Quote]

Your wooden whistles thank you!
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
SirNick
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I love Irish music! I am mostly a whistle player but would like to learn more about flutes. I also have a couple older whistles I'd like to sell and maybe pick up a bamboo flute to practice with.

Post by SirNick »

The D and C rack. I have a taller one for the Low's.

"You have my undivided attention"
MikeyLikesIt

Post by MikeyLikesIt »

My burke low d and guinness high d are either on my desk or in my pipe case
Hils

That low D

Post by Hils »

AngeloMeola wrote:One in my desk drawer. One on the night table next to my bed. One in the car. The jubilee low-D on the desk next to the computer monitor. It doesn't fit anywhere, so it just sits out. The rest in a cloth bag hanging from the dresser.
Angelo
I have the same problem with my low D there's just no-where handy to put it. Won't fit on the keyboard, it would topple a vase, jar or coffee can and could cause a serious accident if I were to leave it lying around on the floor. Aha....it could stand up in an umbrella stand..... if I had one that is.
talasiga

Post by talasiga »

SirNick wrote:The D and C rack. I have a taller one for the Low's.

Interesting pikkie SirNick.
Would you care to list the makes and key from left to right?
:)
qui jure suo utitur neminem laedit
SirNick
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I love Irish music! I am mostly a whistle player but would like to learn more about flutes. I also have a couple older whistles I'd like to sell and maybe pick up a bamboo flute to practice with.

Post by SirNick »

talasiga wrote:
SirNick wrote:The D and C rack. I have a taller one for the Low's.

Interesting pikkie SirNick.
Would you care to list the makes and key from left to right?
:)
OK,
Silkstone, Humphrey,Burke,Jerry Tweaked Gen,Humphrey fipple on Oak Tube,Copeland,Burke C,Overton(Goldie),Burke Eb,Water Weasel,Meg C, Acorn,Burke Brass, Meg D.

There are quite a few in another holder. I'm getting ready to sell 5 or 6 maybe even today!
"You have my undivided attention"
seisflutes

Post by seisflutes »

A couple of mine are in my flute case,one is in my pipe case,one in my guitar case,and the rest are in a basket with some bamboo flutes and stuff.
-Kelly
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

:oops: I should have put my list here shouldn't I? Oh well, it all helps boost my post level.

Places I keep various whistles:

In an old German wine jug

In a pewter tankard I was given on my Wedding Day

On top of the piano next to my wife's flutes

If I turn my back for a moment, in my sons' bedrooms

On my bedside cabinet

In the wooden whistle case my brother-in-law made for me

In my pocket
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)