Way OT: Has anyone else seen this website?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Cyfiawnder
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cyfiawnder »

How does something that is 125 feet wide, and 40 feet tall cause damage that is only 90 feet wide and 25 feet tall? In order for the wings to FOLD UP they would have to hit the building first... The kinetic energy released by an 80 aircraft traveling at 560 mph is in the neighborhood of 25,088,000,000 psi. 25 BILLION pounds per square inch is a whole lot of force [EK=1/2(mass)x(velocity squared). With that sort of force you could put a #2 pencil through 6 feet of solid titanium. Ever seen the videos of Scientist working for aviation companies shooting chickens out of a cannon and punching holes in airplaines? That is a WHOLE LOT LESS kinetic energy a few thousand pounds... Just think about the massive amount of damage caused by the airplains that crashed into the WTC... How often do you here STORIES about the friends and family of people in the airplains that hit the WTC... now how often do you here stories of the friends of family of the people that were Alegedly in the plain that supposidly hit the Pentagon?
Justinus say guiness in hand worth two in ice-box.
BillChin

Post by BillChin »

Cyfiawnder wrote:How does something that is 125 feet wide, and 40 feet tall cause damage that is only 90 feet wide and 25 feet tall? In order for the wings to FOLD UP they would have to hit the building first... The kinetic energy released by an 80 aircraft traveling at 560 mph is in the neighborhood of 25,088,000,000 psi. 25 BILLION pounds per square inch is a whole lot of force [EK=1/2(mass)x(velocity squared). With that sort of force you could put a #2 pencil through 6 feet of solid titanium. Ever seen the videos of Scientist working for aviation companies shooting chickens out of a cannon and punching holes in airplaines? That is a WHOLE LOT LESS kinetic energy a few thousand pounds... Just think about the massive amount of damage caused by the airplains that crashed into the WTC... How often do you here STORIES about the friends and family of people in the airplains that hit the WTC... now how often do you here stories of the friends of family of the people that were Alegedly in the plain that supposidly hit the Pentagon?
The wife of someone that was on the Pentagon plane spoke at the recent convention.

For obvious reasons there hasn't been a lot of testing of crashing large airplanes into fortified buildings. There are not a lot of incidents for a database to be established. The French book and the spoof site are picking at a handful of facts and figures and isolating them so that lay people will start to doubt. That is easy to do, but many of the other theories out there are at the extreme edge, way, way, way out there.

There are 24 inches of concrete and reinforced steel on the Pentagon walls plus that special fabric liner of bulletproof material. An air-to-air missile would do little damage on that kind of hardened target, even traveling at Mach 3. Even a large ship-to-ship missile, such as an Exocet would not do much against that kind of large hardened target. Other theories such as the U. S. goverment planted a large bomb in their own building, and made up lists of dead and wounded, are the kind of stuff seen in state controlled media in totalitarian regimes.

If people want to believe Elvis is still alive and working in a gas station, that is relatively harmless. However in my opinion, the kind of stuff on the spoof page, is pernicious and destructive to the fabric of society. I would not want them silenced, however, I believe there are better uses for the time and resources, both for the readers and creators. (Though the guy with the book probably made out like a bandit.)
+ Bill
Wanderer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/au ... raight.htm
the article wrote: Father Stephen McGraw had taken a wrong turn on his way to Arlington National Cemetery the morning of September 11, 2001. After taking the Pentagon exit onto Washington Boulevard, Fr. McGraw found himself mired in traffic...
"It looked like a plane coming in for a landing … I mean, in the sense that it was controlled and sort of straight," recalled Fr. McGraw.
"I saw it crash into the building," testifies the priest. "There was an explosion and a loud noise, and I felt the impact. I remember seeing a fireball come out of two windows.... I saw an explosion of fire billowing through those two windows. I remember hearing a gasp or scream from one of the other cars near me. Almost a collective gasp, it seemed."
Names of eyewitnesses quoted in this article alone: Stephen McGraw , Aydan Kizildrgli, Dan Creed and two colleagues from Oracle, Frank Probst, and Don Mason.
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

so hard to know who to trust in such corrupt times..:0L
SirNick
Tell us something.: I love Irish music! I am mostly a whistle player but would like to learn more about flutes. I also have a couple older whistles I'd like to sell and maybe pick up a bamboo flute to practice with.

Post by SirNick »

With as much money and power at stake, even scenarios we can't imagine are possible. We are ultimately victims of ourselves. No matter what the truth is, we're not doing something right.
"You have my undivided attention"
Stu H

Post by Stu H »

As far as I can see from a brief examination there seems to be much speculation in the States about whether the Pentagon was hit by a passenger jet or not.

The capacity for people to be tricked by a combination of a slick presentation and mild paranoia will never cease to amaze and sadden me.

There are people in this world who are firmly convinced that the Holocaust did not happen. They believe this because they have 'read a book', 'seen a TV programme' or 'viewed a website'.

As I sit here, I cannot help feeling how insulted and betrayed I would be if I had lost a loved one on that airliner.
If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck, it's probably me - playing a whistle!
happyturkeyman

Post by happyturkeyman »

I admire conspiracy theorists who don't actually propose conspiracy theories. It's nice to have some questions raised without the talk of alien spacecraft.
We can dance if we want to
We can leave your friends behind
Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance
Well they're no friends of mine.
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Well... gee... thanks guys... that's gonna do my digestion and sleep a lot of good for a while, LOL

You know the problem with arguing against conspiracy theories is that it ignores the actual existance of conspiracies... which have this nasty habit of being like the Emperor... many see the clothes they are told to see... only a very few will even allow themselves to *think* that the Emperor might actually *be* naked... *and* still the Emperor!
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
anniemcu

Post by anniemcu »

PS... if the story about the plane being totally destroyed in the burn inside the Pentagon were even remotely possible, especially since the plane obviously didn't all enter the building, then how do you explain the fact that they were able to identify rmains?... anything that will totally consume that huge a plane in that small a time and place isn't going to leave much human organic matter intact for identification, is it?

No matter how I look at this it gives me a stomach ache, and a despair for this nation... *someones* in high places sure as heck doesn't trust the citizenry with the truth.

edited for spelling, at least once - I *do* know the difference between a plain and a plane - really I do.
anniemcu
---
---
---
Caj

Post by Caj »

First of all...

That whole "where's the plane?" argument: where are the planes from the WTC towers? We saw them crash into the buildings, where did they go?

We naturally have this intuitive feeling that since a plane is a big solid object, it should be left behind after a collision (if not in a zillion pieces.) But an airliner is leightweight, mostly hollow, filled with fuel and travels at a high speed. If it hits something, you won't see much left.

Next...
In order for the wings to FOLD UP they would have to hit the building first...
Why would that be true? Of course they don't have to hit the building first to fold up. The wings aren't that strong, and they will shear, fold, rip, etc. in that kind of scenario.
The kinetic energy released by an 80 aircraft traveling at 560 mph is in the neighborhood of 25,088,000,000 psi. 25 BILLION pounds per square inch is a whole lot of force [EK=1/2(mass)x(velocity squared).

You just computed (1/2)*(80 tons)*(560mph)^2 to get that number. That's not pressure, that's kinetic energy, expressed in pound-miles^2/hr^2.

Right away you should know that the math is wrong because pressure is in units of pounds/inch^2. It doesn't even match units, and the units are off anyway, miles over inches.

Finally...

As for the whole "that force should put a bullet through titanium" argument, whether you create a hole is a matter of how localized the force is, and how well the projectile holds up rather than shredding itself. If the energy obliterates the plane, that's energy that isn't making a hole.

If you don't believe me, try dropping (a) a water balloon, and (b) a steel ball of equal mass off a tall building. They have the same kinetic energy, and by the above argument a water-balloon should be able to punch a hole in a roof.

Caj
Caj

Post by Caj »

Let me add...

You need to understand that the people who write this consipracy stuff are deliberately trying to make you think a certain thing, and they will try to use numbers to pull a fast one.

Remember, they are trying to deny an event that has numerous eyewitnesses on the nearby parkway, including people on the plane itself who called the ground before the crash. That's an uphill battle for the conspiracy theorists, and they know they have to fudge some things to sound even remotely convincing.

And Happyturkeyman(niepie):
I admire conspiracy theorists who don't actually propose conspiracy theories. It's nice to have some questions raised without the talk of alien spacecraft.
They don't propose a theory because there is no sane theory to propose. All they can do is suggest that something different happened, but if you ask what, conspiracy theorists become evasive. The alternative theory sounds too daffy to say out loud.

The prevailing theory among these people is that (a) the real plane buzzed the Pentagon and landed at Reagan airport, to make it "look" like a crash; then (b) a missile hit where the plane was supposed to land; then (c) the passengers were killed and plane wreckage placed on the scene. Also (d) phone calls from the passengers on the plane were faked.

Again, sort of loopy. All that work to fake a plane crash, when "they" could have just crashed the dang plane? And why would anyone conspire to add a plane to the real 9/11 attacks---just in case the WTC attack wasn't enough to make the news?!?

The scary part is that conspiracy theorists can't deny two other planes hit WTC---but THAT'S WHERE THEY'RE GOING WITH THIS. Sooner or later, they will become bold enough to make eerie videos suggesting that planes never hit the WTC towers either.

Caj
anniemcu

Post by anniemcu »

Caj wrote:First of all...

That whole "where's the plane?" argument: where are the planes from the WTC towers? We saw them crash into the buildings, where did they go? Caj
Looking at the WTC towers, you can see the pretty exact outline of the planes in the holes in the buildings.

Looking at the Pentagon, which even if you accept the re-enforcing as reason, shows nowhere near that, and no debris like might still be expected ...

I am not totally pooh-poohing the Pentagon story, but I cannot totally ignore the questions raised either. There are just too many of them that don't fit the 'pat' answers.

I am concerned with just where the plane that was supposed to *not* have crashed into the Pentagon *is* supposed to be/have ended up. That would be interesting to hear.
anniemcu
---
---
---
Wanderer
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

anniemcu wrote:PS... if the story about the plane being totally destroyed in the burn inside the Pentagon were even remotely possible, especially since the plane obviously didn't all enter the building, then how do you explain the fact that they were able to identify rmains?... anything that will totally consume that huge a plane in that small a time and place isn't going to leave much human organic matter intact for identification, is it?
Well, except for the fact that there were pieces of plane as well. There is photographic evidence, and the black box was also found. But I suppose none of that counts ;)

Photo of main landing gear debris

Misc aircraft wreckage

Part of the fuselage that came through a hole (look for the green anti-corrosion coated pieces broken up and scattered about)

Landing gear strut

I guess this might be a piece of a..hmm.airplane perhaps?

wait for it..yes! Plane debris!..this time, a large section of one of the turbine engines.

Part of a rotor

Could it be? Yes..it's more plane debris

I found even more pics on various Geocities sites, but haven't linked them because geocities cites tend to go down in a heartbeat, making them totally unreliable.

I also found numerous pictures of less-obvious minor debris (electronics, scraps and stuff), so haven't posted those. I find the above pictures compelling enough.

This took me all of about 5 minutes to find via Google. Anyone could have done the same.

Post by Guest »

And the movie scripts screened as evidence pass so fast they cannot be read so an audience has no time to get the message. Very amateur.

Besides the wings carry a large ammount of fuel, so on impact they would A fold backwards then disintegrate. Also the contents of the cabin on initial imact would shoot forwards, nothing to restrain such in a high force incident, and B fill the space available; next then, that projctile now burning and exploding creates the impact.
Stu H

Post by Stu H »

I've just spent an informative 1/2 hour or so looking at various '9/11-What really happened' sites. To highlight some of the gems:

All four planes were empty of passengers & remotely controlled.

The WTC planes were disguised military aircraft that fired missiles into the towers before impact.

Terrorists (disguised as firemen) planted bombs in the WTC during the attack that caused the towers to collapse.

They go on and on, needless to say all the stories are backed up by 'eye-witness accounts' and/or 'video footage'

The conspiracy theory culture is something I do not have a lot of experiance of - it is rare in the UK - and I struggle to see how any free-thinking individual can give these stories any credence, but obviously some of you do!

But (to go back to the origional thread) if any of you are wondering if there were any passengers on flight 77, ask these two:

'Stephen Push, whose wife died on the hijacked plane that crashed into the Pentagon, said he had been robbed of the "best" half of her life.
He told the five judges he would lie awake at night wondering how his wife had suffered, whether she had been killed quickly by attackers sitting next to her or had time to take in her imminent death.'

"I was overwhelmed by the unbelievable courage of the passengers and crews of all four of the flights," said Debra Burlingame, whose brother, Capt. Charles Burlingame, was the pilot of American Airlines Flight 77, which crashed into the Pentagon. "I sat there wistfully wishing that this country could be as united and as determined and as brave in fighting the terrorists that they were in the first few minutes of Sept. 11,"
If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck, it's probably me - playing a whistle!