VERY OT: I don't get this one at all...

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
jkrazy52
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by jkrazy52 »

Walden wrote:Wadn't he married to that Aunt Polly from the Disney version of Pollyanna?
Pollyanna's cast:
Hayley Mills ... Pollyanna Whittier
Jane Wyman ... Aunt Polly Herrington :) Yep, Mrs. Ronald Reagan, the first, I think
Richard Egan ... Dr. Edmond 'Ed' Chilton

And on with the subject of this thread: the action by this teacher is totally distasteful from my point of view ... BUT I have seen some 14 year old boys that can pass for 18 easily. An acquaintance's son, at 14, was way too good looking - classic tall, dark and handsome. It wasn't a teacher that propositioned him, but the woman was 11 years older than him.

The world is getting to be a very sorry place ....

~Judy
GaryKelly

Post by GaryKelly »

jkrazy52 wrote:The world is getting to be a very sorry place ....
~Judy
Actually, the 'getting to be' is probably just a contemporary view. You don't have to look too far back in time to see the evidence, and the further back you go the less this kind of thing (the physical relationship, not the whole teacher/student ethics) seemed unusual.

For example, in India, The Child Marriage Restraint Act, 1929, set the age of consentual marriage at 18 for a female, 21 for a male. Before that, it was, I believe, commonplace for 12 year-olds (female, granted) to be married off to older men.

King Richard II was 29 when he married the seven year old Isabella of Valois, daughter of Charles VI of France.

Shakespeare's Juliet was 13, and I doubt many of his audiences had a problem with that, either. But Romeo wasn't her school-teacher.

Examples of adult male teachers 'taking advantage' of vulnerable young female students are many. Perhaps this particular case catches the attention because the genders are reversed?
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
emmline
antispam: No

Post by emmline »

GaryKelly wrote:
Actually, the 'getting to be' is probably just a contemporary view.
I agree with that Gary. There is much we don't tolerate now, that used to be the norm. It's mostly just shifting tides of expectations.
Marko

Post by Marko »

yeah, I really don't see how people can argue that the western world is any more morally corrupt than it was at any stage in the past.
Slavery, wife-beating, child marriages and capital punishment were all socially acceptable in the not-so-recent past, not to mention institutional racism on a global scale. All of these have declined in acceptability for the most part. I'd happily take Jannet Jacksons breast and horny teachers over the "morality" of 100 years ago.
satyricon234

Post by satyricon234 »

I was 14 and seduced by an adult around 22. Believe me, I didn't complain one bit :oops: :twisted:

I personally have always been attracted to people my own age or slightly older.

I think the teacher should have thought a little about the possible consequences of her actions.

And I don't think she's ugly at all. Looks like the "girl next door" type.
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

I think "drop dead gorgeous" is in reference to the full physique shot where the eyes of the observer are drawn away from the face.

Satyricon, with a name like that I'm not suprised!!! Though as I recall the object of affection in Petronius wasn't a member of the opposite sex.
Nor in the Fellini rendition.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
I.D.10-t

Punitive Justice

Post by I.D.10-t »

I wonder what will do more long term harm to the boy, the statutory rape or the legal trial? This is one of the cases where I think that the punitive justice system fails and only makes a bad situation worse. Even if she is innocent, their lives are going to be affected negatively.

Poor judgment in any case.
lonewhistler

Post by lonewhistler »

...I don't think the teacher is very bad-looking at all. Of course, what she did was wrong, but...I've gotta give some credit to the kid. Way to go!!! :wink: :o
I'm sure there are some of us who had some experiences with a rather "flirtatious" teacher of some sort. I know I did. And given the chance...I know I would've gotten off scott-free for the most part, aside from some harsh words and lectures from my folks. :D
Van Halen didn't write the song "Hot For Teacher" for nuthin' you know... :P
"...patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings" - "Sweetheart Like You" by Bob Dylan
Azalin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Azalin »

Also, the thing that kills me with the legal system is that it fails to acknowledge the differences between women and men. I mean, the guy is 14 and "had" to have sex with a 24 years old female. In 90% of situations, the guy won't be traumatized or have any long term phychological problems, unlike women, which I think in 90% of situations might create long term problems.

Do I reprensent the low IQ population if I think that I'd want to strangle my daughter's teacher if he had sex with her, but wouldnt be that mad if it happened to my 14 years old boy? (I wouldnt be happy either, though, that's still a screwed up situation) I was so shy when I was 14, I wish this thing happened to me back then, that would have done me some good :-) I know it doesnt look and sound good, but this is just the plain ol' reality.[/i]
lonewhistler

Post by lonewhistler »

I was so shy when I was 14, I wish this thing happened to me back then, that would have done me some good I know it doesnt look and sound good, but this is just the plain ol' reality.[/i]
yup.
"...patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings" - "Sweetheart Like You" by Bob Dylan