2nd West Coast Chiff Gathering: JUNE 5

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
blackhawk
antispam: No

Post by blackhawk »

MurphyStout wrote:
That's a damn shame man. Too bad you can't get somebody to cover for you. You prolly wouldn't even recognize my playing if you heard it now. I'm made some pretty good progress over the last year or so as I bet you have too. Your gen is still my main whistle of choice. That sucks you won't be there... maybe we can get a speaker phone or something going on so you can join in from work a bit.
I wish I could, man, but we're very short handed at work and I'm saving the favors I ask for because I'm going to Ireland in September and I don't want to use up all my favors this summer. I put in for 3 weeks vacation and another guy did, too, for the same time period, so he can go to his mother country, Italy. I'm trying to rock the boat as little as possible between now and September.

Man, we've come a long ways since that summer two years ago, huh? My playing still sucks (just not as bad as it did) but I've heard that your playing has jumped by leaps and bounds. Very cool!!
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
TonyHiggins
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by TonyHiggins »

Man, we've come a long ways since that summer two years ago, huh? My playing still sucks (just not as bad as it did) but I've heard that your playing has jumped by leaps and bounds. Very cool!!
It's true! I can attest that Murph no longer sucks as bad as he used to. :twisted: Wait. What I meant to say was Murph's playing won't give you a headache. It's really amazing. (I'm trying to think of a better way to say this.) I'm just dying to see how long Murph's hair is this year. Wouldn't it be wild to have a sweater knit out of your own hair? It would match your head. (I forgot my point here.)
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
Azalin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Azalin »

TonyHiggins wrote:It's true! I can attest that Murph no longer sucks as bad as he used to.
Yeah and what's even better, he's got two tunes instead of one! Just enough to keep ya awake for a while.
stiofan
Tell us something.: I've been a C&Fer since 2003. Currently playing wooden flute & (mainly low) whistles, along with the bowed dulcimer.

the dark side

Post by stiofan »

Hey Tony et al, I've invited a fiddler I know to come along if it's ok with you all (Tony - it's Charlotte). To my knowledge, she doesn't play whistles at all, but I see no reason why we can't convert her to the dark side...

:twisted: :devil: :evil: :twisted: :devil: :evil: :twisted: :devil: :evil: :twisted: :devil: :evil: :twisted: :devil: :evil: :twisted: :devil: :evil: :twisted: :devil: :evil: :twisted: :devil: :evil: :twisted: :devil: :evil:
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Re: the dark side

Post by IDAwHOa »

[quote="stiofan"] but I see no reason why we can't convert her to the dark side...
[quote]

No, no RECORDER PLAYING allowed! You can be banished for that, you know.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

Seriously, Murph, Lets both of us polish up Connaughtman's Rambles and record and post it with a dedication to Azalin. That'll learn him.
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
JohnPalmer

Post by JohnPalmer »

Two more weeks......clean up those rolls! (Bump)

JP
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

bump. For Bay Area folk and others who might be visiting. Don't forget the June 5 wingding!
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

I emailed KC Jiang (harmonica player from Taiwan). He said he plans on attending.
Tony
Montana

Post by Montana »

Anyone carpooling past any of the airports?
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

Thinking aboot comin' on down to the Bay Area for the thing? That would be great!!!!!

Murphy will be coming through Sacramento.

Tony lives near Oakland.

Kar lives in San Francisco.

DCrom lives in the San Jose area.

There are lots of others that mibht be available as well. If you are serious, you may want to start a separate thread solicitin assistance.

Make reservations and arrangements with one of us and I am sure it could be arranged!!!!
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Darwin

Post by Darwin »

I'm coming up from Salinas, so I'll theoretically be passing both San Jose and SF airports. I hope to make a brief stop at Gryphon Music, in Palo Alto, but my timing is pretty flexible.
Mike Wright

"When an idea is wanting, a word can always be found to take its place."
 --Goethe
Switchfoot

Post by Switchfoot »

Okay, Im finally back in the great state of California.
Me and my family are going camping that weekend, so it is most unlikely that I'll be making an appearance. Even if I did, I would probably do a repeat preformance of what I did last time (aka pretend Im wallpaper and listen to the music, I had a blast doing that by the way). I havent had a whole lot of time to polish up my whistle skills in the last 5 months unluckily, but I do have a Elfsong Low D hot off the press that I'd like to parade around. So, in conclusion... maybe
Montana

Post by Montana »

Yah, it sounds like a blast and I would love to try out some other whistles and meet some of the chiffers there. Put a face to an avatar, ya know.
Southwest Airlines goes into a number of airports down there at fairly reasonable prices. Just need to know who might be flexible. If someone is driving past an airport but doesn't live there, he/she might be less able to work around a plane schedule. I'll look into SWA airport options. Just needed to see if the ground travel options were possible.
And reviewing the thread, Kar said something about a bus??
Since some folks are driving a fair distance, are there overnight camping options Saturday night?
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

I'm planning on going (and pass close to both SJ and Oakland airports on the way), but may be unreliable - I've been doing a lot of short-notice trips to overseas customers.

So I'd be happy to help with the logistics, but may not know until 2-3 days beforehand whether I'll be there myself - or 6000 miles away.

I love my job, but I'll be *really* glad when we get this customer into production :D

(New whistles since last time: Syn D, Serpent SunSinger A, Serpent Sweet Polly D/C set (currently in transit), the travelling Weston Low D)