celebrate a whistle maker's birthday!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
pthouron
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by pthouron »

Wow...! Didn't know we had this many makers on the Board.
ErikT
antispam: No

Post by ErikT »

pthouron wrote:Wow...! Didn't know we had this many makers on the Board.
And they all seem to have birthdays. The odds of that occuring naturally must be phenominal.
DCrom

Post by DCrom »

ErikT wrote:
And they all seem to have birthdays. The odds of that occuring naturally must be phenominal.
You mean . . . they're not found under a cabbage? :o :o :o
lixnaw

Post by lixnaw »

ErikT wrote:
sorry eric, i just found out you're a whislte maker aswell. and one proud enough to have sound samples on his www :thumbsup:
ErikT

Post by ErikT »

lixnaw wrote:... to have sound samples on his www :thumbsup:
Thanks, lixnaw :) I had a lot of fun recording them. Actually, that was a couple years ago now. I should think about updating them; my two year old is no longer two! And maybe I'll get to upgrade my sound recording equipment :)

Erik
dkychang

I will visit some whistle smiths in north America soon

Post by dkychang »

Hi All: (my birthdate is 11/11, Veterans' Day)
Before this year, I had never played any wind instrument, so I am a whistle newbie for only about ten months. All my life I have never made any product that can be physically seen. All I have done so far are computer programs, that's all. By the end of this year all computer professionals in Volvo IT will be laid off by parent company Ford.
I decide to make whistles next year before I find my next job. So far I don't understand most of the materials discussed by whistle smiths in Internet. For a start I want to visit as many whistle smiths as I possibly can.
So far, four whistle smiths allow me to visit them. They are in NJ, Florida, Michigan and Colorado. One even promised me I could be with him for as long as I like and he would show me his shop, notebooks and would tell me tricks. He even asked me to bring a cassette tape recorder and a camera there.
Any of you professional or amateur whistle smiths: do you want me to visit you? It can be as short as an hour, or as long as we both like.
Daniel K Chang, Ph.D.