This is one sappy post

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
silverton
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

This is one sappy post

Post by silverton »

In light of recent threads regarding commercial posts and such, I felt inclined to say something positive. I have neither the experience nor the clout to post an opinion either way on the issues being debated. At the same time, please don’t take this post as “excited newbie tries to gain approval from the board”. I just wanted to say what I really feel…

This is without a doubt the most intelligent, thoughtful, and well-mannered collective on the net. I have tried to join in on other boards whose topics of interest range from comic strips, to music, to religion, to politics. So far, I have found a bunch of bickering, whining, and mindless name-calling of the most juvenile sort.

Doubtless, other conflicts have arisen on this board long before I was here, and probably much more severe. Of course, in a group this size, there are bound to be. But overall, this board has been to me a retreat and a very comfortable place. I haven’t been here that long, but I already feel at home, so to speak.

Ok, this is a pretty sappy post. I’ll stop now. But I’m glad I said it.

Just my 2 cents…. :)
vaporlock

Post by vaporlock »

Silverton, your 2 cents is well spent. This truly is a great group of people. Such a dynamic cross-section of intelligent souls. Even most of the jerks are loveable. The 'flame wars' are usually just debates between people that have a passion for what they believe in. I believe that I actually interact with people in real life better after watching fellow C&Fers rake each other over the coals....'cause it's always done so lovingly :lol:

Anyhoo, enjoy your sentence..errr...time here!
Eric

PS
Since you are new here, my avatar is me at the bottom of the Atlantic ocean wearing a Chiff & Fipple sweatshirt holding a Dixon tunable D in my hand. That kinda gives you an indication of how I feel about this place!
Celtoid

Post by Celtoid »

When you blow into something as humble as a whistle for hours as a hobby...you don't have enough falurum left to be really stupid. Just my theory. :roll:
TXwhistle
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I moved, so I'm in a different city. Not in Texas anymore!!! Although if someone sees that I'm in NYC, maybe they'll know of local places that I can look for whistles.

Post by TXwhistle »

As another newbie, I agree with Silverton. This place is awesome.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Vaporlock wrote:Even most of the jerks are loveable.
Thanks, Vape. *sniff*

:D
Jack

Post by Jack »

Nanohedron, I don't think he means you.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

Shoot.
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

I was wondering why I keep coming back. It's the reliable, clear-headed people who demonstrate balance, tolerance, and a good sense of humor. I look for threads about whistle playing and the music- heh, heh- they're the exception. The hope of a good laugh is always a draw in lieu of that.

The gathering of C&Fers I met at Weekender's house a few months ago was like seeing old friends, though I'd never met them before. Totally real people; no pretentions, no baggage. (Murphy Stout's hairstyle, on the other hand...)
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Hey, where's the Murphster been, anyway?
TrueStar

Post by TrueStar »

I couldn't say it better. Considering the nature of forums and the size of this one, it is expected to have a disagreement here and there. However from what I've seen, the positive around here definately outweighs the negative stuff.
MurphyStout

Post by MurphyStout »

TonyHiggins wrote:The gathering of C&Fers I met at Weekender's house a few months ago was like seeing old friends, though I'd never met them before. Totally real people; no pretentions, no baggage. (Murphy Stout's hairstyle, on the other hand...)
Tony
The hair again? Come on now, that's a low blow. I mean I didn't mention the tux and you come at me with a hair comment. Actually I thought it was James Bond at first but then I thought he'd be playing the flute not the whistle.
No I'm not returning...
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

There you are!!!

Just take a shot at the hair, and: voilà. :lol:

Weeks just took a potshot at Tony's tux on another thread, and we got a glimpse of the pure drop in California for it.
CHIFF FIPPLE

Re: This is one sappy post

Post by CHIFF FIPPLE »

Doubtless, other conflicts have arisen on this board long before I was here, and probably much more severe. Of course, in a group this size, there are bound to be. But overall, this board has been to me a retreat and a very comfortable place. I haven’t been here that long, but I already feel at home, so to speak.Ok, this is a pretty sappy post. I’ll stop now. But I’m glad I said it.
True!
8) If yer derner poke the red hot coals yerl not burn yer fingers :lol:
http://www.gaeliccrossings.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=1
Try here for a change :wink:
ImageStacey has the most bodacious fipples! & Message board
http://whistlenstrings.invisionzone.com ... t=0&p=3303&
Jack

Post by Jack »

I haven't been to GC in ages. :(

I though Aodhan sold it?
LeeMarsh

Post by LeeMarsh »

TonyHiggins wrote:
I was wondering why I keep coming back. It's the reliable, clear-headed people who demonstrate balance, tolerance, and a good sense of humor. I look for threads about whistle playing and the music- heh, heh- they're the exception. The hope of a good laugh is always a draw in lieu of that.

The gathering of C&Fers I met at Weekender's house a few months ago was like seeing old friends, though I'd never met them before. Totally real people; no pretentions, no baggage. (Murphy Stout's hairstyle, on the other hand...)
Tony
Common sentiments
Here
Well Said
Enjoy Your Music,
Lee Marsh
From Odenton, MD.