Nomination Process Complete

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

Nomination Process Complete

Post by Walden »

The winner has been announced, in this thread:
http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php?t=14498

Original Message:

The 2003 Walden Award for Excellence in Chiff and Fipple Posting is soon to be upon us. Nominations are now being accepted. Please send all nominations to Walden, by C&F private message, before

British time: 12:00 P.M. (noon) Friday 26 September 2003
Timbuktu time: 11:00 A.M. Friday 26 September 2003
Central time (U.S./Canada): 6:00 A.M. Friday 26 September 2003
Philippine time: 7:00 P.M. Friday 26 September 2003

Rules:
1. No one may nominate himself (or herself, as the case may be).
2. Each person may submit only one nomination.
3. The award shall be decided upon by the Walden Awards Committee, which shall consist of Walden, who may consult with whomever he wishes, for help in deciding the matter.
4. Nomination submissions shall include a link to the post in question, as well as the post number (if you don't know how to find the post number, please cut and paste the nominated post into your nomination submission).
5. Nominated posts must have been posted between 1 September 2002 and 1 September 2003.
6. Walden may not be nominated, nor may any employee of Waldco Enterprises.

Award:
The winning poster will be named the Official Winner of the 2003 Walden Award for Excellence in Chiff and Fipple Posting. A black tie gala event will be held in the Frequent Poster's Lounge, which the winning poster, as well as the nominator of the winning poster, will be permitted to attend, if they have 1,000 posts, or more. Otherwise, they may give their tickets to a friend, or loved one, who is a Frequent Poster.
Last edited by Walden on Fri Sep 26, 2003 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reasonable person
Walden
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Posts from any of the Chiff & Fipple Forums are eligible, including:

Forum Support
The Poststructural Whistle Board
Uilleann Pipe forum
Flute Forum
The Clips and Snips Forum
Irish Traditional Music Forum
Test Forum
and the Announcements Forum

By the way, Dale, may I have a Chiff & Fipple Certificate of Authenticity for this award program?
Reasonable person
Walden
madguy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by madguy »

Bah, humbug!

~Larry
glauber

Post by glauber »

I nominate this post of me nominating myself.
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

glauber, see Rule 1.
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

and Rule 5.
IDAwHOa
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

Glauber, I get it.

:lol:
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
mdutr0

Post by mdutr0 »

I nominate glauber, specifically the post in which he nominates himself. :D

Micah
Once you go Hoover, you never go back.

Winner, Honorable Mention, 2003 "Excellence in C&F Posting"
"Need assistance in ingoring the rules? I can help!"
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

I love the democracy of the judging. Ya know, Waldski, Chirac and Schroeder are gonna have a few things to say about unilateralism...
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Well! I for one refuse to serve, even if nominated. (snort)

Apparently I came in too late to qualify (sniff), since no-one bothered to let me know that I'd been invited, and you failed to note my long term reputation for being full of hot air and strong opinions (yes, sometimes the air is both hot and strong), and having been loosely attached to several whistles for over two decades (not that it indicates any particular level of mastery, mind you).

If you are going to set arbitrary deadlines, I will arbitrarily dig my feet in, stick my lip out and pout while sending a loud and juicy raspberry in your general direction. So there! :x
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

I nominate Wombat. He's got it all. A gentleman, scholar and musician. He goes from instrument technique to obscure literary comments with the greatest of ease. I still don't know what he was talking about the other day with Herbi. He's been lovable from the first post and he managed to always skip out of our heated political things, I think, except to comment on entertainment value. Hey buddy, you may know better, but the rest of us are to thine ownselves being true! But we disqualify ourselves in so doing.... Take the laurel down to the bar and get a big ol fat Aussie brewski on us.
momerath

Post by momerath »

I nominate chattiekathy on the grounds that she's going to win irrespective of her posting prowess.
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

It's fixed, it's fixed! :o
jim_mc
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a New York native who gradually slid west and landed in the Phoenix area. I like riding on the back seat of a tandem bicycle. I like dogs and have three of them. I am a sometime actor and an all the time teacher, husband, and dad.

Post by jim_mc »

Waldski, a little guidance might be in order. Or perhaps making some categories, like best political post, conservative and best political post, liberal. Then you could have best non-political off-topic post, serious (non-fiction) and best non-political off-topic post, comic (or fiction). Best original post, and best adapted post. Best post-structural post, best newbie post, best advice to the newbie post, best whistle review, most diplomatic review of a bad whistle, etc, etc.

If we're going to have to choose only one post, though, a best overall, I nominate the Cranberry post in which he tells us that Bert and Ernie from Sesame Street are Log Cabin Republicans.
Say it loud: B flat and be proud!
Jack

Post by Jack »

Quote @ jim_mc
If we're going to have to choose only one post, though, a best overall, I nominate the Cranberry post in which he tells us that Bert and Ernie from Sesame Street are Log Cabin Republicans.
I'm very honored to recieve a nomination from a fellow Chiffster, but I have to point out that the above mentioned post occured on September 3, 2003, which is 2 days after the deadline.

I do have a nomination of my own - jim_mc's Syn review. A very good review, and just an overall pleasure to read.

http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php?t=11662