does your partner play music?(improved)

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.

does your partner play music(improved)

are you single?
7%
yes
17%
no
7%
does your parner play music?
2%
yes
26%
yes, i have more partners
No votes
no
38%
no, but i have more partners
2%

Total votes: 42

lixnaw
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

does your partner play music?(improved)

Post by lixnaw »

martin gave me the idea, that's why i feel the need to improve this.

some are single, some have a relationship.
i wonder how a relationship would work, without you partner playing music aswell, or do we need more partners for that?
Jens_Hoppe

Post by Jens_Hoppe »

are you single?
yes
no
yes
yes, i have more partners
no
no, but i have more partners
Polls are difficult things to master, appearently. My partner doesn't play music, but I honestly don't know which option to choose. :)
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

Well, I am single but I do have a relationship - with my parents.

All my musical ability comes from my father's side, my mother couldn't get a note out of a cymbal if it hit her on the head. To be fair though, she offers encouragement and enjoys my playing, when I inflict it on her (probably because she's tonedeaf). As long as she doesn't take the wind from my sails by saying "It's all down to the violin lessons we made you have as a boy."

Pschaw.

I feel blessed being single, because I'd hate to inflict my practising on anyone, (except that doggone chuch lot in the car park). That'd terminate a budding relationship faster than you can say but. Yet having the house to myself (plus the goldfish) I feel I can squeek way all hours.
Marko

Post by Marko »

ok, weird poll. anyhow, my partner does not play music, but used to play piano. because of this, she feels it necessary to comment on every note i play, especially ones in the second octave.
only half true, she's a real CP :)
trisha

Post by trisha »

:-? :-? :-?

If you are not single you check the box, but it is then not possible to check a box further down. Polls are not always easy to set up...but this one's not possible to answer unless you are solo?

Trisha
Snuh

Post by Snuh »

My fiancee doesn't play music but she does sing. Even so, she seems to enjoy my playing. (Which is funny because I'm REALLY bad! :lol: )

I guess if she can listen to my playing without running in the other direction, she's a real keeper! :D

A.J.
Steven

Post by Steven »

I must admit, I have NO idea what answer to give to the poll, but my wife does indeed play music, specifically on the fiddle. In fact, she's the one who encouraged me to start playing that whistle that was sitting in the desk drawer, and helped me figure out what the heck I was doing with it. She's a good one, that wife o' mine!

:-)
Steven
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

Snuh wrote:My fiancee doesn't play music but she does sing. Even so, she seems to enjoy my playing. (Which is funny because I'm REALLY bad! :lol: )

I guess if she can listen to my playing without running in the other direction, she's a real keeper! :D

A.J.
Yeah Snuh, you should get affianced. Oh you did, smooth move. Noew get her up that aisle before she gets cold feet!
Chuck_Clark

Post by Chuck_Clark »

I think it still needs some work. Does partner mean married? Opposite sex or same sex? And your yes/no spots are confusing.

To answer what I think you're asking, I'm married (31 years). My wife plays no instruments, though she does sing, albeit no longer publicly. Which makes us even. With my voice, I can't carry a tune in a bucket.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Mine does: by turning on the radio.
TrueStar

Post by TrueStar »

My partner has played music or most of his life and has written his own pieces probably since he was a teenager. His talents lie in playing piano and guitar more specifically.

It is particulary difficult these days because our living situation consists of us sharing one big room. If he has a music project due, most of his time is spent composing. That means I have to be extra quiet. No TV up to loud, no videogames and I have to listen to music with headphones.

He does however support (tolerate?) my new found love of whistle playing and helps out whenever he can. He says he looks forward to jamming together when I become more skilled.
IDAwHOa
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

I think I voted for both Yes, being single and Yes my partner plays music.

Just to clarify, I am NOT singe and my wife plays as well, better than I do as a matter of fact.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

The other Weekender plays in both my celtic band (THE WHISKYTONES) and in the Calicanto Singers and Trio (smaller version of Singers for school assembly work). SHe is an excellent musician.

With weekly rehearsals of both groups, we don't watch much tv, as you can imagine.

I have been in same classical Duo for 24 years, and my flute partner is sorta like being married without all the entanglements. If you can find a good musician with similar tastes that you get along with, hang onto him/her. It's very rare.
mdutr0

Post by mdutr0 »

I am single, unfortunately....

But on the upside most of the gals my age think the whistle is pretty damn cool ;)

Micah
Once you go Hoover, you never go back.

Winner, Honorable Mention, 2003 "Excellence in C&F Posting"
"Need assistance in ingoring the rules? I can help!"
lixnaw

Post by lixnaw »

Jens_Hoppe wrote:
are you single?

no

yes, i have more partners/ this is just in case your husband,wife,...play music, but you don't get everything you need with this person, and you have a secret love for different needs.
no
no, but i have more partners/this is just in case your husband, wife,...don't play music, you don't get everything you need with this person, and you have a secret lover to play music with, etc...
Polls are difficult things to master, appearently. My partner doesn't play music, but I honestly don't know which option to choose. :)
well i did my best to please martin but i'm sorry I couldn't please everyone for this poll. but i made the mistake to include the single yes answers,etc... sorry, it didn't work the way i expected
by partner i mean the person that you share the bed with.
this poll is all about how love and music go together,