Can someone tell me how to add a picture?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
slowair
antispam: No

Can someone tell me how to add a picture?

Post by slowair »

Recently I wanted to add a picture to a posting. I thought I did it right, but apparently not. Someone else was kind enough to put it in a response, but when I asked that person how they did it, I got no reply. Probably away for the weekend.

I looked in the FAQ's and nothing is mentioned there. I did a search, but as usual, there was nothing but pages of titles that I could spend days looking through.

So, can someone please explain how to post a photo?

Thanks.

Mike
Jack
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Jack »

If it has a URL (http://www.abcxyx.com), you just post the URL and type (url)http://www.abcxyz.com(/url) like that, except instead of ()s use []s.
Jerry Freeman
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

If it doesn't have a url (that is to say, it's a file in your computer, but hasn't been posted to a website),

One way is to go to www.snapfish.com and follow the instructions for opening a free account and posting the photo.

Once you have the photo on snapfish.com, you can then right click on the photo on your screen. A dialog box will appear. Click on "properties" in the dialog box, and you'll get a display that will include the url of the photo.

Copy that url from the screen (be sure to get all of it; it may be more than one line) and paste it into your message. Then highlight the url in your message and click the "Img" button at the top.

If you follow Cranberry's instructions, you'll get a link to the picture. If you follow these instructions, the picture will appear in your message.

You can use this method (right click on a picture anywhere on the Internet) to post any picture you find, btw.

Here's an example of an image I posted to Snapfish.com:

You can right click on it and see the url.

Best wishes,
Jerry
Whistle_along_Cassidy

Post by Whistle_along_Cassidy »

I asked the same question before. http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php ... g+pictures

Sanpfish is what i use, it was really easy.
-Andrew Cassidy
Jack

Post by Jack »

FWIW, I use photoisland.com. It's also free.

P.S. Jerry, what the hell is that thing?
Whistle_along_Cassidy

Post by Whistle_along_Cassidy »

Sry, i ahve heard someone use that before, but what does FWIW mean, Cran?
Andrew Cassidy
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

For
What
It's
Worth
Reasonable person
Walden
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Cranberry wrote:Jerry, what the hell is that thing?
Beats me.

I found it on the bathroom counter one day. I think it followed the kids home. No one complained about it's having disappeared from where they left it, so I guess it's mine now.

It has "China" on it, is 4 7/8 inches long and makes strange "almost a whistle" sounds starting at, believe it or not, soprano C.

Best wishes,
Jerry
slowair

Post by slowair »

Thanks Jerry!

Just like you said.

Apparently I left off the .jpg at the end of the url I used.

Works now.

Thanks again.

Mike
clark
Tell us something.: I've played Irish flute most of my life. My band Celtic Waves has been performing in Honolulu for the last 17 years.

Post by clark »

When right clicking on a Mac you get a different set of options. To see the URL of a picture choose the "display picture in a different window" and there will be the URL in the address line.

Clark

http://www.mcgee-flutes.com/Rudimp3.jpg

Well, this doesn't work. So pasting the URL into the message and clicking Img still only results in the link...
clark
Tell us something.: I've played Irish flute most of my life. My band Celtic Waves has been performing in Honolulu for the last 17 years.

Post by clark »

When right clicking on a Mac you get a different set of options. To see the URL of a picture choose the "display picture in a different window" and there will be the URL in the address line.

Clark

http://www.mcgee-flutes.com/Rudimp3.jpg

Well, this doesn't work. So pasting the URL into the message and clicking Img still only results in the link...

...and to top it off I see the link doesn't even work. Probably because of the img stuff...
jim_mc
Tell us something.: I'm a New York native who gradually slid west and landed in the Phoenix area. I like riding on the back seat of a tandem bicycle. I like dogs and have three of them. I am a sometime actor and an all the time teacher, husband, and dad.

Post by jim_mc »

For free web space to post pictures and share them with family and friends, I use Ofoto. It gives them the option of ordering prints at a fairly reasonable price. Then when my mother and a couple of my sisters all want copies of a photo, they can just get them themselves instead of my fishing around for the negative and going back to the processor.
Say it loud: B flat and be proud!