I'm back! What's new?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Redwolf
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

Cees wrote:Hey Redwolf...
If you're too stressed out to play whistles right now after your trip, I'd be glad to take care of your Elfsongs for you till you feel better! :twisted: :D :lol: :D

So who was in the emergency room? You or someone else? I hope you or whomever it was is doing okay now! What happened to the music store in Spokane?

Sounds like an eventful trip.
:lol: Nothing doing, m'dear! The whistles are all that's keeping me sane!

It was me in the emergency room, and it was because the minor flu I thought I was over decided to turn into acute bronchitis (as I told the doctor "there's (hack!) nothing (gasp!) cute (wheeze!) about it!"). I remember seeing all kinds of signs saying "congestion ahead" as we drove up U.S. 101, but I'd rather thought they had something else in mind!

The music store closed. It was just a little instrument store at Northtown Mall (mostly band stuff), but they'd always had a nice selection of folk instruments...including whistles and whistle music. That's where I got my old Feadog. The restaurant was even worse though...it's turned from one of the best vegetarian restaurants I've ever eaten at (second only to Millenium in San Francisco) to a predominately seafood place. I can't stand to eat in a place where there's a lot of fish being cooked...the smell gags me...so that's another favorite place to cross off my list :(

Yellowstone and the Tetons more than made up for everything else, though. I'm ready to go again!

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
breedlovejumbo
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by breedlovejumbo »

Cees wrote: Hi, nice to meet you...love your avatar! That is one of my kids' favorite movies, and I admit, mine too!
Hard to believe it's a Disney.
But I will sit and hearken, and be glad that through you great beauty has been wakened into song.
glauber

Post by glauber »

One of the great things about mandolin is that with 8 strings, you have a considerably greater chance than with the guitar, that any one of them will be in tune!
On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog!
--Wellsprings--
breedlovejumbo

Post by breedlovejumbo »

glauber wrote:One of the great things about mandolin is that with 8 strings, you have a considerably greater chance than with the guitar, that any one of them will be in tune!
Except when you can't find the one that is not in tune. :)
But I will sit and hearken, and be glad that through you great beauty has been wakened into song.
chattiekathy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well dang, I just want to change my password. looking for that correct page! Thank you! Ohh good grief, I get it, you have to be careful who you let in because of spammers, but sigh.... I'm in a hurry, can we move this along please. :)

Post by chattiekathy »

Hi Cees,

Well, I won more stuff! :D

Besides the Serpent trio and Beth's tabor pipe, I won a T-shirt from Shanna Quay, a CD from a dulcimer site, 2 Alba whistles from Stacey at Easter, a pair of dulcimer hammers from a dulcimer forum and I won Dale's graphics contest with a pix of Einstine playing a whistle!

It's been a couple of good months, but I did miss your posting.

Welcome Back!
~*~Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God~*~
breedlovejumbo

Post by breedlovejumbo »

chattiekathy wrote:Hi Cees,

Besides the Serpent trio and Beth's tabor pipe, I won a T-shirt from Shanna Quay, a CD from a dulcimer site, 2 Alba whistles from Stacey at Easter, a pair of dulcimer hammers from a dulcimer forum and I won Dale's graphics contest with a pix of Einstine playing a whistle!

Welcome Back!
And when Aodhan raffles off Gaelic Crossings....
TomB

Post by TomB »

chattiekathy wrote:Hi Cees,

Welcome Back!
:boggle:
Umm, if your ever up Connecticut way, do you think I could get you to buy me a lottery ticket? :D

All the Best, Tom
"Consult the Book of Armaments"
chattiekathy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well dang, I just want to change my password. looking for that correct page! Thank you! Ohh good grief, I get it, you have to be careful who you let in because of spammers, but sigh.... I'm in a hurry, can we move this along please. :)

Post by chattiekathy »

Breedlovejumbo wrote: And when Aodhan raffles off Gaelic Crossings...
Breedlove,

It sure would be fun but I haven't a clue about running a forum and I have no money to bid with. :(

TomB wrote: :boggle:
Umm, if your ever up Connecticut way, do you think I could get you to buy me a lottery ticket? :D

All the Best, Tom
Sorry Tom, I'm not lucky at the Lottery. I spent $5 the other day and only got $2 back. :roll: I guess that's better than losing all $5 though isn't it? I will buy you one if I ever get to Connecticut though, You just never know do ya?! :lol:

Cheers,
Kathy :)
~*~Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God~*~
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Cees wrote:
The Weekenders wrote:Walden started a comic strip.
Did he really? Is it online somewhere?
http://www25.brinkster.com/waldentoons/
Paul

Post by Paul »

Redwolf wrote:
Yellowstone and the Tetons more than made up for everything else, though. I'm ready to go again!

Redwolf
Pretty awesome stuff, huh. I've been out there twice. It's really incredible.

Welcome back Cees! :D